who would make he best conservative party canada leader?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ambrose or Rempel would be great options in my opinion. Pollievre is awesome but they need him on the bench ready to fight rather than at the helm.

The current bunch I really have less than no confidence in. Bad times for conservatives ahead.

My opinion, leave the bedroom alone, leave religion alone, stick to the financials and worry about Canada first. A solid environmental platform is needed as well however a homegrown plan is needed more than the agenda that others force on us. I am in this sector and do a lot of work with governments and have had meetings with UN groups and I know we can do so much better while not crippling the economy or spending out the ass.

Quit making sense!!!:rant:

:cool::beer:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ambrose or Rempel would be great options in my opinion. Pollievre is awesome but they need him on the bench ready to fight rather than at the helm.

The current bunch I really have less than no confidence in. Bad times for conservatives ahead.

My opinion, leave the bedroom alone, leave religion alone, stick to the financials and worry about Canada first. A solid environmental platform is needed as well however a homegrown plan is needed more than the agenda that others force on us. I am in this sector and do a lot of work with governments and have had meetings with UN groups and I know we can do so much better while not crippling the economy or spending out the ass.

Ok I nominate ducati

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 choices I will put on my ballot will be O'Toole and Lewis just not sure what order they will be in. MacKay is a closet Liberal and Sloan has no chance and is damaged goods. I would have liked to see a stronger performance from Lewis last night in the debate. She looks like if she hasn't got notes to read off of she won't be able to answer a question. That's concerning to me but I think she has a better chance of beating Trudeau than the other 3

Well at least she is better than the Turd on that issue. He has to wait 21 seconds to answer a question his media gestapo let through to him a couple of weeks ago regarding Donald Trump and the BLM. Even then he didn't answer the question anyway. I agree Leslyn Lewis would have the best shot at beating Trudeau by taking away much of his virtue signalling points the media laps up. Only thing that bothers me is I don't know where she really stands on environmental issues. Is she a closet greenie? I don't trust MacKay at all. Sloane is already targeted by the politically correct leftist media so he wouldn't stand a chance.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes its O toole or Lewis. Kinda like wanting a steak at a resteraunt and get offered stew meat or a round steak. All the top sirloins and tenderloins are sitting this one out.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Otoole is bought and paid for by the muslim brotherhood and lewis is onboard with the UN, i dont see how either have anything good for us people.

You think the good ones are sitting it out? You are missing it, the good ones have been pushed out. They arent being allowed to run, for an agenda. What agenda you say? To make sure the liberals win again. How do you think the liberals won in the first place? They made sure the conservatives didnt have thier best in leadership (and vote fraud/buying).

Wake up folks, start seeing what is just outside the box that they have constructed around us.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Otoole is bought and paid for by the muslim brotherhood and lewis is onboard with the UN, i dont see how either have anything good for us people.

You think the good ones are sitting it out? You are missing it, the good ones have been pushed out. They arent being allowed to run, for an agenda. What agenda you say? To make sure the liberals win again. How do you think the liberals won in the first place? They made sure the conservatives didnt have thier best in leadership (and vote fraud/buying).

Wake up folks, start seeing what is just outside the box that they have constructed around us.
Stephen Harper may go down as one of the best PM's Canada has ever seen. They didn't have their best in leadership? Yeah OK.....

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I nominate ducati

Honestly I thought about getting more involved at that level before the last election since I was doing so much work with government and extensions of government and could see where they severely lack in real world experience in most cases but then I realized that they don’t want real world experience because it would change the game. Right now it is campaign, promise, elect, settle out for 3 years and repeat. Unfortunately it seems this way at all levels of government. I also decided I didn’t want to drag my family into that public eye.

I have been on technical committees with the province, federal, CSA and regulators and things really do get done at that level but completely stall out when it hits the ministers most times, though there are some good ones out there. Even just setting a meeting at that level is weeks or more of discussion and planning and then most times rescheduling or cancelling last minute.

The latest batch of money from the feds for oil and gas is a perfect example. Big promises on TV but really a big letdown so far in discussions and many many months away. Can’t really say too much more but it is a big case of over promise under produce.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stephen Harper may go down as one of the best PM's Canada has ever seen. They didn't have their best in leadership? Yeah OK.....
You realize that harpers new equalization formula in 2007 (that kenney worked on for him), increased quebecs payment recieved by 50% dont you?

He was one of the better ones for the west at the time but it came at a steep price going forward.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter who the party leader is or if the Liberals lose control to another party, the next PM and their party is doomed before they have been elected.

There was a concerning amount of spending occurring before all of these recent bailouts and handouts and now the country’s debt is so overwhelming that whomever is in control will be blamed for what they have inherited.

Aside from a little blip on the radar mid 2000’s to 2010 where the conservatives, some will argue it was the Liberals who helped, were able to reduce some of that debt it has continued to escalate. We will be the ones that feel is weight.

But I digress, the only thing for sure is we will continue to pay taxes, likely higher ones at some point, we will continue to lose or see a reduction in our privileges when it comes to where we can ride our toys, what guns we can shoot, where we can camp, fish, hunt, who we can have candid conversations with and not be concerned we have insulted or essentially hurt someone’s feelings, basically no longer be the Canadians we were raised to be where hard work and determination was an important characteristic among us.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell, harper was buying votes. I dont blame him, its the only way things can be done for the west. The system is setup that way (rigged). Its time to change the system, otherwise we will never see another true conservative in power again.

I am not promoting wexit, just wanted to shate the picture.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell, harper was buying votes. I dont blame him, its the only way things can be done for the west. The system is setup that way (rigged). Its time to change the system, otherwise we will never see another true conservative in power again.

I am not promoting wexit, just wanted to shate the picture.
This is the problem but it is also representative of the population. 62% of Canadians live in Ont and Que while only 32% live in Man, Sask, AB, and BC. Unfortunately the seats are proportional to the population in this case.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the problem but it is also representative of the population. 62% of Canadians live in Ont and Que while only 32% live in Man, Sask, AB, and BC. Unfortunately the seats are proportional to the population in this case.

We need an elected senate of say 2 members per province regardless of population and give them some real power to reign in the farce that is known as the house of commons. That's the only way the rest of the provinces outside of Ontario and Quebec will ever have any say in government.
In order to restore a semblance of democracy in Canada the house of commons needs to have free votes instead of the dictated votes we now have. As it stands now it is a virtual dictatorship by the prime minister. It's his way or the highway as shown by the fallout of the SNC Lavalin affair.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just a crime that unless you speak perfect French you are inferior to the Quebecor elite. Maybe they should try and speak the dominant language that the rest of Canada speaks not just 1 province
The dominant language of the WORLD....

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you otoole folks even reading the posts? Or you are ok with the muslim brotherhood? (They are the biggest threat to us, our children and our current way of life).

Top Bottom