Who rides in the mountains with their wife/girlfriend?

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the added benefit of going out riding when all your buddies are busy. I'm not sure about other riders but I have never been into riding alone as I've always felt that it involves too many risks vs. rewards.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No wife on the mountain trips for me - she only wants to go skiing! We are going to try some backcountry stuff this winter on the sleds up at Sicamous.

I get enough estrogen along with my daughter. 11 years old and fearless. Thinks "Dare Ya" St. Onge is one of the the coolest guys ever (Dad - how come your aren't jumping off that cliff like Mr. St Onge is?). Only problem - she is still too light to lift her sled by herself. Guess who does all the digging?

One benefit - since riding with her in the mountains my sidehilling skills have increased by tenfold - getting to where she has got herself dug in. :)

Last year - the little stink was nipping at my heels all day. This year she really hit a growth spurt (she is already 5'5") and put on some weight. I may be following her all winter

Attachments

• 2007 052.jpg
    2007 052.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 36

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The girlfriend never sledded before last year but she figured she wouldn't see me all winter so she bought a brand new Nytro( nicer than my 02 800 summit). She didn't like it too much at first as it was set up tippy and she was pretty timid. Getting her top notch cold weather layers made all the difference as she never got cold all winter. She wasn't much for hill climbs but the best part was she had no trouble downhilling so we could double up all day and I could snowboard or ski every run! By the spring she was hitting jumps and doing small climbs and ended up over 600km on her new sled.
Quartz is an excellent spot to get the ladies started, especailly later on in the season when the grooming guys (who did a kick ass job last year) get up to the bottom of poo-stain and there's the cabin to warm up and chat with the other ladies. Lots of mellow terrain to play on and watch the boys climb.
My buddy's wife Nadine was out-highmarking lots of people with her 600, now I think she got an XP 800, watch out!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife loves to come along and is getting pretty handy in the mountains...we try to get couples for about 3 longer trips a year...I attached a couple shots of my wifes "cat girl" sled..

Attachments

• 50th and sledding 062.jpg
    50th and sledding 062.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 50th and sledding 063.jpg
    50th and sledding 063.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 34

bcboy

Reaction score
took my gf out shes riding my stock mt light. she like tipping over lol. she wanted to double but she was grad we didn't at the end of the day. she wheelied it on a few hillclimbs over backwards once .

http://imageshack.us

Top Bottom