Who rides in the mountains with their wife/girlfriend?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up a used yamaha phazer mountain lite for the girlfriend to ride. I could also use it in a pinch if my other sled is down for repairs.

She wouldn't be into big hill climbs but i think she would love playing on smaller mountains and in the trees.

I was wondering who goes sledding with their wife/girlfriend and if you do trips with just the two of you or usually go in big groups.

We have prime opportunity to go lots because of our work schedules allow 4 days off in a row quite often so it seems like it would be a good idea.

Also, does anyone do any snowboarding when they are up in the mountains sledding?

Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife has a sled, but she doesn't ride in the mountains with me. we ride together in a group around home on the pipeline and down in the hills, but she has no interest in mountain riding.

as for snowboarding, i tried it once and my coccyx took a month to heal....it looks so much easier on tv.....:d

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before kids the wife and i rode in the mountains a fair bit together, she started out on a formula 500 then mxz 670, then highmark 700, just before we started having kids she was riding a highmark 800. The kids now are just about old enough to stay with grandma without her pulling all her hair out so if i decide to get a new XP this winter the wife will take over my 151 REV 800.

I never much got the sledder/ snowboarding thing but over the last few years became highly addicted to wakeboarding and now when i'm in the mountains i think to myself "that would be a cool run on a board". i would hate to drag it around all day to only use it a couple times.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up a used yamaha phazer mountain lite for the girlfriend to ride. I could also use it in a pinch if my other sled is down for repairs.

She wouldn't be into big hill climbs but i think she would love playing on smaller mountains and in the trees.

I was wondering who goes sledding with their wife/girlfriend and if you do trips with just the two of you or usually go in big groups.

We have prime opportunity to go lots because of our work schedules allow 4 days off in a row quite often so it seems like it would be a good idea.

Also, does anyone do any snowboarding when they are up in the mountains sledding?

Thanks

Leave the wife at home and bring the girlfriend. Thats the logical thing to do!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Let me get this clear...you want to bring her along? Sledding is the last thing in my life that my wife does not want to be part of...everything else she has her fingers into...Sledding is for us guys in my house...no offense to the ladies who ride, I've taken my wife before and it's just not her cup of tea and I left it alone...now my son (18) and I ride together all the time.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My wifey wasn't fussy about the mountains, especially after braking her nose on the handlebars of her sled(but thats another story), but she does like the trail riding around locally. We went on an asa ride in westlock a few years back and she really enjoyed that, and suggested we doo some more, so we'll prolly be checking out whitecourt, and minstik a little more this year too.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw 2 couples out at Quartz last year, we were sitting up in the meadow watching them tour around and get stuck, the guys would go get one out and before she was moving the other would be stuck. We went to help once and in the middle out getting her unstuck, buddy looks at me and says "never bring you girlfriend sledding...ever" had a laugh and left them to enjoy the rest of their day.:trustme:

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score

Thanks

Last year was the first year I brought the girlfriend out and now she is an addict, she loves it and can’t get enough of it. And the best thing is she can actually ride pretty darn good and keeps up to most of the group, She is not out high marking or anything but started learning how to carve end of last year and had her doing some small climbs @ Quartz.. I think I will be picking up another sled this winter for her, was either thinking a M7, M8 depending on what kind of deal I come across or possibly a Phazer Mtn. Lite there is some good deals to be had on the Phazers south of the boarder. She rode a few different sleds last winter from a 550 Freestyle (hated it not enough power) to 600rev & a 800XP for a bit and then mostly my M8 and she liked the M8 and the bigger sleds a lot better than the 550 and 600 just cause if she needed the power to get up to where we were going she had it there.. Hope you get her out on the snow buddy, I thought I was a bad idea but now I spend even more time in the mountains sledding because I don’t have to convince her to let me go sledding for 4 days as soon as I get home from 3 weeks away @ work!! Oh and we ride mostly in groups, there is a couple other ladies that ride in our group also, We usually ride area where the big boys can play and the more novice riders can carve around and not get in to much trouble.. Don’t get me wrong though there is guys weekends when the ladies don’t make it and that just part of the deal she knew about when she started coming along.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wifey wasn't fussy about the mountains, especially after braking her nose on the handlebars of her sled(but thats another story), but she does like the trail riding around locally. We went on an asa ride in westlock a few years back and she really enjoyed that, and suggested we doo some more, so we'll prolly be checking out whitecourt, and minstik a little more this year too.

you should bring her on the trip to Yellowstone in february:specool:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I ride with my husband only a couple of times a year, which is enough. The rest of the time he rides with his buddies and that's just fine with me.

We have a group Valentine's Day ride here (McBride) up either Bell or Lucille Mountain - an easy ride to the cabin and have some wine, finger foods, etc. Some visiting with the other couples, maybe some tobogganning, and then back home for a hot tub and a nice cozy fire. If you want to bring your girlfriend to the mountains, that would be a good weekend to do it.

Judy

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with SBR, some things the wife should be kept out of no matter how much you love her(suckup in case she reads this:p). If its a family day ride then fine, but I enjoy the the drunken world problem solving weekends in the hills on my own.:beer::beer::eek:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure your situation is different than mine. I work away a lot so im not home that often. when I am home, especially during the weekdays when she has days off, I will have a guaranteed riding partner.

I will be doing most of my mountain trips with buddies but would like to take her with sometimes.

Let me get this clear...you want to bring her along? Sledding is the last thing in my life that my wife does not want to be part of...everything else she has her fingers into...Sledding is for us guys in my house...no offense to the ladies who ride, I've taken my wife before and it's just not her cup of tea and I left it alone...now my son (18) and I ride together all the time.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been riding with my wife for five years in the mountains,She is currenty on her third mountain sled.You have to plan to go with other couples and it works out great.My wife is happy if she only goes once or twice,Considering I usually go up 8 to 10 times a year I enjoy the layed back easy riding once in a while and what a great place to spend some time together.
Let me know,Mayby we could meet up for a ride!
catmando!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You are correct, my world is different than yours, I'm home every night.

Im sure your situation is different than mine. I work away a lot so im not home that often. when I am home, especially during the weekdays when she has days off, I will have a guaranteed riding partner.

I will be doing most of my mountain trips with buddies but would like to take her with sometimes.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct, my world is different than yours, I'm home every night.

Yep me too. We also have hockey trips, and figure skating trips that we do as a family during the winter. The only time my wife has any interest in sledding anymore, is when she's helping me pack my gear and load my sled; so she can enjoy a weekend of peace and quiet.:d:d

W

woodies

okay here's my deal!wife is coming to either revy or ?in dec 17th.where is the best spot?she rides not bad in saskatchewan flats,and it's take her or go to mexico?i hate mexico!so my options are limited.she says she will sit and watch me climb and boondock but as we all know you can't predict where you end up!help!and yes it was my idea!(dumb dumb)so stuck with it!so help a dumb azz out!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll bring my wife out for a few rides near town for now and see how it goes. In the mountains, I could imagine a situation where crappy weather, broken sleds, cold, wet, stuck, would RUIN a day that I've been looking forward to all summer. We'll see how the trails go.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been riding with my wife for five years in the mountains,She is currenty on her third mountain sled.You have to plan to go with other couples and it works out great.My wife is happy if she only goes once or twice,Considering I usually go up 8 to 10 times a year I enjoy the layed back easy riding once in a while and what a great place to spend some time together.
Let me know,Mayby we could meet up for a ride!
catmando!

I would be up for that for sure. Anyone else who wants to do group rides with the ladies feel free to keep me in mind.

Top Bottom