Who rides in the mountains with their wife/girlfriend?

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay here's my deal!wife is coming to either revy or ?in dec 17th.where is the best spot?she rides not bad in saskatchewan flats,and it's take her or go to mexico?i hate mexico!so my options are limited.she says she will sit and watch me climb and boondock but as we all know you can't predict where you end up!help!and yes it was my idea!(dumb dumb)so stuck with it!so help a dumb azz out!

Take her to Quartz Creek. Perfect area for her to watch.

2hills

Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up a used yamaha phazer mountain lite for the girlfriend to ride. I could also use it in a pinch if my other sled is down for repairs.

She wouldn't be into big hill climbs but i think she would love playing on smaller mountains and in the trees.

I was wondering who goes sledding with their wife/girlfriend and if you do trips with just the two of you or usually go in big groups.

We have prime opportunity to go lots because of our work schedules allow 4 days off in a row quite often so it seems like it would be a good idea.

Also, does anyone do any snowboarding when they are up in the mountains sledding?

Thanks

:confused:i tried,and i tried, and tried...... she almost came until she seen an avalanche on tv.... sooooo... it's my thing!..... no sense trying to pound a square peg in a round hole...lol

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of picking up a used yamaha phazer mountain lite for the girlfriend to ride. I could also use it in a pinch if my other sled is down for repairs.

She wouldn't be into big hill climbs but i think she would love playing on smaller mountains and in the trees.

I was wondering who goes sledding with their wife/girlfriend and if you do trips with just the two of you or usually go in big groups.

We have prime opportunity to go lots because of our work schedules allow 4 days off in a row quite often so it seems like it would be a good idea.

Also, does anyone do any snowboarding when they are up in the mountains sledding?

Thanks

I got my Wife into it two years ago and I haven't regretted it yet! I'm sure many others may not want to take thiers. I guess it all depends on what kind of marriage/relationship you have. I got her the Mtn. Lite and she loves it. It's really peppy, but it isn't going to win any hill climb events. There are a few advantages to the 4-stroke. It is very difficult to flood and with electric start it's no problem for her to start. Oh, don't forget....gas (uses very little) and go! I could go on about it but you should just ride one for yourself so you can make a better decision. Cheers!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my wife to Fernie and did Rolling Hills. It was a perfect start to mountain like riding. They had groomed the trail in for us the night before so her first pseudo mountain experience was a good one. However, if she gets cold at all the day is done. Best ideas is to taker her some place where they have a spa. She will ride the first day just to be with you, then opt for the spa the rest of the days. That way you get your husbandly duty done and get to ride the way you want for the rest of the trip.... and of course she's happy....and that's what counts.

You also have a back up sled just in case.

Frenchie

Reaction score
My girl (now fiance) rode with me every weekend last year. Was her first year on a snowmobile and now she's hooked. She's a bit crazy though, as you can see but she never gave up!
I never even thought I'd say this but I really enjoy sledding with her! Angele you rock!

IMG_1536.jpg

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take my wife with me every trip i can. She is probably my most favorite riding partner. I still get to go with the boys and rip it up, but find myself often looking back expecting to see her and the nytro right behind me.... She has a hoot riding and that makes me enjoy it that much more.... she had been a ski junkie for years and taught me how to ski, then one winter long ago i decided that we should hit the mountains on the sleds... well, she has turned into a Sled Junkie now and is already talking about sleding...The skis have been sitting in the rafters of the shed for three years now.... They will probably sit there for a few more...

W

woodies

allways nice to have a wife that shares the same interests for sure!unless you hate her!mine loves to ride just nervous of avi's,i told her don't ride stupid and all is good!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode one year with my wife, bought her a 99 700 rmk 136 track...good sled. Anyways we were in Casper Wy and she figured she was going to jump the sled she did and ended up with a broken collar bone. That was the last time she rode, but now she is talking about it again so maybe she will be riding again this year.:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i rode one year with my wife, bought her a 99 700 rmk 136 track...good sled. Anyways we were in casper wy and she figured she was going to jump the sled she did and ended up with a broken collar bone. That was the last time she rode, but now she is talking about it again so maybe she will be riding again this year.:d

thats coincidental..... My wifey did similar. She found a nice little 3 or 4 foot downhill jump and she did it 2 or 3 times, each time getting a little faster and jumping further and further, the last time she didn't take the same jump and ended up about 20 feet over from the original jump she'd been practising on and made about a 6 to 8 foot drop, but didn't have quite enough speed and slammed her face into the windshield on a 600 mountain max and broke the windshield and her nose and especially her pride...... She sat at the renshaw cabin the rest of the day with broken nose and all....she was a trooper though and came up bell with us the next day, although she never rode around too much and she'd take her goggles of immediately..... Black eyes and swollen broken nose and all.......... Ouch:(
she has hardly touched a sled since, however she is showing a little more interest again, but in closer local trail rides....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats coincidental..... My wifey did similar. She found a nice little 3 or 4 foot downhill jump and she did it 2 or 3 times, each time getting a little faster and jumping further and further, the last time she didn't take the same jump and ended up about 20 feet over from the original jump she'd been practising on and made about a 6 to 8 foot drop, but didn't have quite enough speed and slammed her face into the windshield on a 600 mountain max and broke the windshield and her nose and especially her pride...... She sat at the renshaw cabin the rest of the day with broken nose and all....she was a trooper though and came up bell with us the next day, although she never rode around too much and she'd take her goggles of immediately..... Black eyes and swollen broken nose and all.......... Ouch:(
she has hardly touched a sled since, however she is showing a little more interest again, but in closer local trail rides....

You made her sit at the cabin all day with a broken nose,And your still married!
catmando!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch is right!!, my wife rode the sled out with a broken collar bone needless to say she was as white as the snow when we got back to the truck. I think she has a better pain tolerance then I do.:eek:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my wife a Phazer MTX this summer. Were going to stay around home this winter so she can get comfortable sledding. I’ll take here to the mountains for the first time next winter. I introduced her to ATV’s and she took to that really well, so I’m hopeful she’ll like sledding. I have to say she was pretty excited when I brought home her new sled.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you made her sit at the cabin all day with a broken nose,and your still married!
Catmando!

nope, i sat with her while the rest of the couples went riding... She wasn't up to riding down the "bumpy" trail with the helmet and goggles bouncing on her nose.... She was in pain.... We had lots of tylenol3 for her.............

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I answered your PM this morning woodies, I would also suggest QUarts Creek in Golden, great area for junior rides and yet there are some great climbs for the more experienced
For riding Revy contct Powder Puff...she will give you exactly what your looking for.

Good Luck.
okay here's my deal!wife is coming to either revy or ?in dec 17th.where is the best spot?she rides not bad in saskatchewan flats,and it's take her or go to mexico?i hate mexico!so my options are limited.she says she will sit and watch me climb and boondock but as we all know you can't predict where you end up!help!and yes it was my idea!(dumb dumb)so stuck with it!so help a dumb azz out!

foxyrmk

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The way I look at it, is that I take my boyfriend and his buddies riding with me, LOL.... I'm the one that's making the palns on where we are going and I lead most of the time, and then I always try to hand it off to someone else, but they like when I lead. Do I let him go ride without me?! why of course, because I'm out riding with the girls.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The way I look at it, is that I take my boyfriend and his buddies riding with me, LOL.... I'm the one that's making the palns on where we are going and I lead most of the time, and then I always try to hand it off to someone else, but they like when I lead. Do I let him go ride without me?! why of course, because I'm out riding with the girls.

WOW, THAT BOYFRIEND BETTER SNAP YOU UP QUICK.... LOL :beer::d:beer:

Tunderin' RT

Reaction score
I have a brother in law that lives around the ministik area, so if you aren't familiar, I could get some info for you.

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Frenchie & Tabneil! Here's a few pics of my Wife riding her Phazer this last winter season. This was her second season and she has really made some major improvements. I can't wait to see how well she does this year!

Attachments

• Shasta.jpg
    Shasta.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 189
Top Bottom