Who makes the best Goggles

waistdeep

Reaction score
From all the great input, I am going to look for airbrakes in Kelowna, someone must sell Oakley around here:d

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
From all the great input, I am going to look for airbrakes in Kelowna, someone must sell Oakley around here:d

If you can find a set with rose prizm lens and jade iridium prizm lens, you'll have the best coverage for overcast and mixed light conditions- my go-to lenses. Cheers!-J

MonasheeJay

Reaction score
Re: Who makes the best Googles

Have never, not once, had an issue with my Smith I/O goggles. Bought a second pair as back up for this season.

Hunters Range 2013.jpg

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Google FBOM goggles and watch the video...

Was thinking the last few years that someone needs to make a "defrosting" goggle.

I think ill be getting a pair as soon as they are available...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Another vote here for Scott. Biggest fix for stopping the fog was using the No Fod neoprene mas as others have mentioned. Truly one of the best pieces of gear I have. Keeps the head and face warm without a helmet liner, never fog any goggles anymore and it even offers some noise reduction as it covers the ears. Love it....would never ride without it.

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score

Picked up some Zeal Slate goggles last year at the sled show. I went with the photochromatic lenses. Best goggle I've ever worn by a mile. Great anti fog and I never change lens regardless of conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeal X2. Zeal Eclipse with automatic polarized for me.

greenlightning86

Reaction score

Does anyone know a dealer or store in the Edmonton area that sells Spy Goggles? Looking for Klutch Snowx.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I picked up Smith I/OX last season and love them. Have yet to fog on me and the field of view is fantastic. Lens swaps are super easy too.

SMITH-IOX-EARLY.jpg

Blown Motor

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The design of most goggles on the market today are manufactured to fit a variety of helmets accordingly. It really comes down to what style you would like best, color of the goggle, Clear [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]lens, mirrored, aviator or a traditional shape. 509 and Klim are well known for their goggles, we stock and carry other options as well depending on what styles you like we can narrow your search down for you.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Owned them all, smith, oakely, 509, scotts, progrip. These Zeal - Photocromic polorized lenses....are the sheeet !
Zeal Eclipse Digital 10291.jpg

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Running 509 sinisters. Fits the Motorfist Dominator helmet very well. Daughter is also using the sinisters with her TroyLee Designs helmet which also is a nice fit.
I fog up more than my daughter does. We are now set up with under hood goggle bags and two sets of goggles. It's taken us a few years to get all the gear but we are set up pretty good now.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find my dragon dx mx goggles with dual lenses in them never fog. I see wps made dx snowmobile ones now.

#canadastrong

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Oakley Prizm Lens Report:

Game changer, 400% better definition in whites, one of the most significant advances in goggle technology ever. I can't overstate the difference between the prizm lenses and Oakley's conventional lenses that have already set the bar for goggle technology.

I give them a massive thumbs up!!!!

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

best thing i ever did was use the face mask that has the neoprene nose cover that makes all the fog from your breath direct down to your chin opening, i rarely fog up even with el-cheapo goggles.

That's the no-fog face mask? I get made fun of when I where it but man does it work good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

I buy the cheapo Bolle's at Costco and find they are just as good, if not better than the expensive 509's.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I buy the cheapo Bolle's at Costco and find they are just as good, if not better than the expensive 509's.

WTF you need goggles for? You drive with your eyes closed anyway!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have tried many, Scott, Smith, 509, Spy, Oakley. Never really found one that I preferred over the other but I really liked Spy's Green Specta lens and its hard to find in certain frame styles.

I like a large goggle. Been running the Spy Platoon's for a few winters with the only complaint being new lens are just as much as a new pair goggles.

This year I looked at the 509 Aviators with the polarized lens and picked up a pair. There have been numerous reviews about how great these goggles are and like polarized lens in my sunglasses so thought I would try them. This is after saying I would never buy 509's again after the first year they came out with the Sinister. I never had such a crappy goggle as those Sinisters. I even wrote 509 after the first month of having them to tell them how bad I thought they were. Never heard back from them.

I have a few rides with the new Aviators and I am neither impressed or discouraged that I spent a bunch of cash on a new pair of goggles. I looked closely at the new Oakley Airbrakes but could not find them in town anywhere. I did like the case that the Aviators came in, but figured for that much they should include that anyways. I hoped to notice a difference with the polarized lens. I didn't. The snow still looks just as white and they didn't fog any more or any less than my other goggles when it was -20. I am hoping the better weather we will be getting will be a better test.

I believe with the 509's people want them because they are sled specific. They may justify the price of them being that, I have no idea but there are just as good if not better options (Oakley) out there.

I will comment that with the Smith's, if you are someone who is against supporting companies that want to support the closing of areas to motorized vehicles, Smith is one of them. The contribute to Conservation Alliance and Winter Wildland Alliance. Members - The Conservation AllianceThe Conservation Alliance These are both organizations that are active in Canada as well. That is another debate all together though.

Top Bottom