Who makes the best Goggles

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Who makes the best Googles

breathe down, helmet off the second you're stopped, and 2 more sets of spares. I'm trying oakley airbrakes this year but have been a fan of the 509 aviators.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

breathe down, helmet off the second you're stopped, and 2 more sets of spares. I'm trying oakley airbrakes this year but have been a fan of the 509 aviators.

Never pull your helmet up and leave it I. The top of your head. Or pull your goggles off and put them around your neck

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have about 4 or 5 pair of 509 sinisters they work well, like everyone has stated when you stop you have to get them off. Carry a second pair and make sure they fit properly. What fits me best may never work for you. Pick what works for you.

harper44

Reaction score

Picked up some Zeal Slate goggles last year at the sled show. I went with the photochromatic lenses. Best goggle I've ever worn by a mile. Great anti fog and I never change lens regardless of conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bourgon

Reaction score

Not 509 aviators have 2 pairs bought one loved them as soon as you change the lense the first time the foam rips off the frame and snow just pours in I found!
i now use a good pair of oaklys and cheap smith as back up won't even take my 509 as backups! And found the avaitiors don't fit the 509 helmet ether I found.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not 509 aviators have 2 pairs bought one loved them as soon as you change the lense the first time the foam rips off the frame and snow just pours in I found!
i now use a good pair of oaklys and cheap smith as back up won't even take my 509 as backups! And found the avaitiors don't fit the 509 helmet ether I found.

I change my lenses often. Even many times a ride. If lens gets fogged, I grab another that I have swap it out, put the fogged one in the bag under my hood till its needed again. Never had foam issues with my Aviators.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

Just a tip for guys looking for goggles. Winners usually had good goggles at blow out prices. Bolle, smith, Oakley and a few other brands i haven't heard of that look like nice goggles

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Tried every goggle here listed. Save your money.. bite the bullet... and but a paid of oakley airbrakes. why waste money on buying a "no fog" goggle you have to install a fan on?? If they worked that good they wouldnt have to produce a fan for it in the first place! Get the airbrakes... You can breath right on them and they wont fog on you. They come with two lenses.... Hight light and low light... You pull a little lever on them and you can swap out the lense in about two seconds.. They dont have a frame so your feild of veiw is HUGE. WELL worth the money. can buy as many lenses for them in different colors as you want.. Go onto the website.. they have a picture and it will show you want it looks like through each color. WELL worth the money!!!

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I use the Smith goggles with the nose piece and a belaclva to direct breath. Second set is in the goggle bag toasty warm and dry as over the years I think I have tried almst ever goggle and if not carefull they all fog. The goggle drier with the extra holes cut in with screen covers dry goggles s fast as I con fog out a pair.
Had 509 and they sucked bg time - one of the worst for fogging. :twocents::twocents:

• Thanks
Reactions: mb1

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Money is not the issue, who makes the best goggles for full face helmets.. No one knows better than those that wear them...

what would you recommend?

love spell check, if GOOGLE doesn't fix it for you some other ....... Will.
When you say best. For anti fog? Flat light visibility? Or Bluebird Visibility. Ive tried a lot of different goggles. If its a heavy fogging sweating day? Hard to beat anything with a fan. Smiths with a fan works great and lifetime warranty. Average fog day. I run Scott Dual lens with Quick straps.Two pairs and rotate them out,as soon as there any sign of fogging. Bluebird day. Anything with a proper lens to protect your eyes. This year I'm going to try Oakley Airbrake with Rose Prism. For flat light snotty days. Then a polarized lens for the Bluebirds. When you find what works for you, get two

iturch

Reaction score

I just got my new pair of motofist goggles and tried them yesterday in -24 C. They worked great no fogging issues and the fitment was great

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com

Oakley makes such a better product than pretty well anything else available. A significant majority of our clients have converted to Oakley and we've had 100% positive feedback. The Airbrakes are a fantastic goggle, the interchangeable lens system is painless and also allows for convenient lens cleaning if necessary. The prizm lenses isolate certain colors to increase definition and contrast. The double lens seals never have brakes in the sealant so as long as you dry your goggles out before using them next, you will never get fogging between the lenses. The frames are modular and very intelligently thought out, the inside is flat black rubber to reduce glare, the field of vision is massive, they seal off very well with most helmets. If being able to see is something you appreciate, Oakley Airbrakes with prizm lenses are heads and shoulders above the rest. Fogging is a personal problem, it will happen to any goggle if your core temp is too high and thus create a greenhouse effect, the best way to avoid fogging is to get yourself into better shape.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Did you just call me fat?
Oakley makes such a better product than pretty well anything else available. A significant majority of our clients have converted to Oakley and we've had 100% positive feedback. The Airbrakes are a fantastic goggle, the interchangeable lens system is painless and also allows for convenient lens cleaning if necessary. The prizm lenses isolate certain colors to increase definition and contrast. The double lens seals never have brakes in the sealant so as long as you dry your goggles out before using them next, you will never get fogging between the lenses. The frames are modular and very intelligently thought out, the inside is flat black rubber to reduce glare, the field of vision is massive, they seal off very well with most helmets. If being able to see is something you appreciate, Oakley Airbrakes with prizm lenses are heads and shoulders above the rest. Fogging is a personal problem, it will happen to any goggle if your core temp is too high and thus create a greenhouse effect, the best way to avoid fogging is to get yourself into better shape.

Top Bottom