Who makes a good quality tunnel bag?

REPO

Reaction score
I am looking for a new tunnel bag, as my AC version, pulled one of the tabs off it already. (60 miles) I would prefer something that can hold my shovel, as well as pack enough stuff for the day. (water, food, extra shirt, gloves, etc)

I don't want to invest in more garbage.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pelican Case. Only thing I will ever use ever again, everything stays perfectly dry and doesn't get broken and smashed around. As for the shovel.... Don't be a douche and keep that on your back. Never know when you will need it in an emergency.

REPO

Reaction score
As for the shovel.... Don't be a douche and keep that on your back. Never know when you will need it in an emergency.

LOL, I like to keep a second on the machine just in case. ��

How are you mounting that pelican case?

sharpstick

Reaction score
Get a Powder Keg. Its basically a Pelican case, custom made for sleds. Also has a fuel Keg that fits underneath it. I keep bungees, extra gloves, snacks, extra shovel, saw etc in mine. They are the best storage compartment out there in my opinion.

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, I like to keep a second on the machine just in case. ��

How are you mounting that pelican case?

In that case you are good to go haha. Guess I shouldn't assume that all people are tards, just see it so often lol. Theres lots of good stuff out there, but as far as I am concerned, if its good enough for my company to put instruments worth 200K... Its good enough for my tools and a bagel.

I use a LINQ clip from the bottom of a ski doo Jerry can, but I believe theres a few people that make similar clips now. Just nice because you can always take it off if you need to, EG when working on sleds and wanting my entire toolkit. Doesn't ever get in the way either.

20151107_152306_zps42g41fhx.jpg

We have another guy in our group that has a large one on his Pro, and just uses the factory mounting rails and bolts it into the bottom of the box. Easy and doesn't move at all, but lacks the ability to just remove it quickly as he would have to unbolt it. And yes it really is that massive... I call it the kitchen sink with the amount of stuff he can pack in there.

12209316_10153639778950638_336304564_o_zpsfn3xyicl.jpg

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like the Mountain Addiction large bag setup and gas can setup.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pelican Case. Only thing I will ever use ever again, everything stays perfectly dry and doesn't get broken and smashed around. As for the shovel.... Don't be a douche and keep that on your back. Never know when you will need it in an emergency.

x 2 for the pelican case. I wouldn't call you a douche though.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a powder keg and love it, but the pelican case is super appealing. Westward makes a slightly less rugged, cheaper option sold through Acklands too.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a powder keg and love it, but the pelican case is super appealing. Westward makes a slightly less rugged, cheaper option sold through Acklands too.

The one I use is a Nanuk Case - Not pelican. Little cheaper than Pelican & still has life time warranty.
I've beat the crap out of mine in cold weather and have had no problems.

NANUK l Professional Protective Cases | Nanuk.com

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like our Frankensled tunnel rack/ bag set up. Holds a LOT of stuff, or a little bit. Totally waterproof, and tough.
1511434_10152702546427993_8785563764966783699_n.jpg 11064753_10152800928287993_8096598388873782006_n.jpg

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on the Frankensled bag, I have the bag and just run the straps through the linq mounts.

It's great cause the top rolls down so it can be full or almost empty and still packed tight so stuff doesn't bounce around.

also has lots of room to store a jacket or fleece when not needed during the day.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on the Frankensled bag, I have the bag and just run the straps through the linq mounts.

It's great cause the top rolls down so it can be full or almost empty and still packed tight so stuff doesn't bounce around.

also has lots of room to store a jacket or fleece when not needed during the day.

Totally!!! That is what I love the most! The only down fall is I usually become the pack mule for everyone else and their lunches, layers when they remove them and "stuff".. lol!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Snobunje bag and Canada Sled Parts rack set up on our Freerides. The bag is expandable upwards with a zippered extension also. Whitecourt-20150125-00806.jpg

kilowatt

Reaction score
Princess Auto has a 16.5"wide x 6.5" deep impact resistant plastic case on sale for 28.88, not sure of quality but the price is great.

Top Bottom