Who has seen this truck?? (Sherwood park Flying J)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not hard to believe it would run 12.8, you barely need anything to run that, pretty sad time for twins though! Take a stock truck and you could run 12.8 with $2,000 into it, maybe less.

2nd fastest like said is not even close, if he was in the 9's maybe.

But then again he drives a Duramax :d

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats not the only one out there a chevy drivin around too it may be even higher

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every one has 800 hp if they add up what all the bolt ons say they add or at least lets let them think that i know guys in alberta who make huge hp in diesel trucks and none of them or the parts came from the above mentioned store they hate them ( and hate is a word i rarely use ) there is much higher knowledgable guys in alberta there is a cummins powered pick up that ran 8.80 last year from this area he was down in mission when it did this i will try to get video of it from him oh and he does drive the truck to work in dawson creek my 7.3 is almost together we will see what it does with minor engine mods should be conservative at 450 hp but only the track will tell the truth i bet it would beat that d max i can kick my buddies already with what was done to mine i have injectors that i have custom built and am doing 3 other sets for friends right now they work well ALSO A TURBO AND CUSTOM BURNT TUNES FROM JODY TIPTON IN THE STATES THERE IS OTHER LOCAL TRUCKS THAT ARE FASTER BUT NOT MUCH

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not hard to believe it would run 12.8, you barely need anything to run that, pretty sad time for twins though! Take a stock truck and you could run 12.8 with $2,000 into it, maybe less.

Fastest common rail is a duramax.:p

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea and a Honda Civic is faster to, chevies are just so light because they are missing many parts of a real truck :d

lol yah but a gutted 9 second honda civic isnt impressive

a 9000lb truck with a full tidy tank and 40" tires going 9 seconds is impressive!!

to me...lol

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

show me a duramax on 40"s that runs 12.8 all day with 2000 bucks into it and i'll sell my cummins tommorow!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol too much time on my hands

Attachments

• ford drivers.jpg
    ford drivers.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. I talked to this guy at the flying J about half an hour ago, and my bull$hit meter is ringing off the scale. I started out asking about his mileage, seeing as how we were both pumping diesel into our Dmaxes. "Oh, it's pretty good," he says, " It's a diesel". Ok, im thinking maybe he didnt see that I'm driving a lifted duramax, and therefore might think that I wouldn't know anything about one. So I continue - " How much power are you making?" I ask. He replies " 874 hp, its got twin turbos." quite matter-of-factly. Wow, I'm thinking this thing must be built.

"Who's twins setup is it?"
"Kenne Belle"
"I didn't know he did any diesel stuff"
"He's a NASCAR guy"
"I know, I just haven't heard of him in the diesel stuff"
"Who built the tranny, same guy?
"Yah."
"Can I take a look under the hood?"
"I have to run to work, but you can see it at NADP, I'm having some work done on it there. It's the second fastest diesel in Alberta, the guy who owns NADP has the only truck thats faster. "

"Wow, what do you run?"
"13.8, Barry can run a 12.4."

I seriously couldn't believe that this guy believed himself. 874 hp and a 13.8? kenne belle only does blowers on cars, not twin whistles on diesels, and to top it off theres probably 300 trucks in Alberta that run faster than 13.8.

rockstar.jpg

That's pretty far fetched..

At the black out show last year there was tons of trucks beating 13.8

Mabye he ment street legal trucks???

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty far fetched..

At the black out show last year there was tons of trucks beating 13.8

Mabye he ment street legal trucks???

I think there were maybe 5 trucks at the blackout that weren't legal. maybe.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
show me a duramax on 40"s that runs 12.8 all day with 2000 bucks into it and i'll sell my cummins tommorow!

Not a Duramax a Cummins, and those sure dont look like 40s to me, Duramaxs are even a bit faster out of the box so it is even easier for them. And yes, $2000 into a Cummins will run 12.8, not for long because you would have to upgrade many things to run it for long but 12.8 is nothing. And I mis typed, it only ran 13.8 that is really nothing impressive.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. I talked to this guy at the flying J about half an hour ago, and my bull$hit meter is ringing off the scale. I started out asking about his mileage, seeing as how we were both pumping diesel into our Dmaxes. "Oh, it's pretty good," he says, " It's a diesel". Ok, im thinking maybe he didnt see that I'm driving a lifted duramax, and therefore might think that I wouldn't know anything about one. So I continue - " How much power are you making?" I ask. He replies " 874 hp, its got twin turbos." quite matter-of-factly. Wow, I'm thinking this thing must be built.

"Who's twins setup is it?"
"Kenne Belle"
"I didn't know he did any diesel stuff"
"He's a NASCAR guy"
"I know, I just haven't heard of him in the diesel stuff"
"Who built the tranny, same guy?
"Yah."
"Can I take a look under the hood?"
"I have to run to work, but you can see it at NADP, I'm having some work done on it there. It's the second fastest diesel in Alberta, the guy who owns NADP has the only truck thats faster. "

"Wow, what do you run?"
"13.8, Barry can run a 12.4."

I seriously couldn't believe that this guy believed himself. 874 hp and a 13.8? kenne belle only does blowers on cars, not twin whistles on diesels, and to top it off theres probably 300 trucks in Alberta that run faster than 13.8.

rockstar.jpg

never read any of the other posts ..att all ..seen the truck and it rocks ..course I run 711 under my Kenworth `hood ..CAT POWER ..he stayed with me a few blocks as I pulled a super B full of lumber .,,maybe thats just how you boys roll down there not sure .pardon the pun ..abut I live 2000 miles away

Last edited:

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a Duramax a Cummins, and those sure dont look like 40s to me, Duramaxs are even a bit faster out of the box so it is even easier for them. And yes, $2000 into a Cummins will run 12.8, not for long because you would have to upgrade many things to run it for long but 12.8 is nothing. And I mis typed, it only ran 13.8 that is really nothing impressive.

i got a 5 speed so it would take ALOT of hp to get me there i was just trying to make the point you stated alot of supporting mods are needed for a reliable truck.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
never read any of the other posts ..att all ..seen the truck and it rocks ..course I run 711 under my Kenworth `hood ..CAT POWER ..he stayed with me a few blocks as I pulled a super B full of lumber .,,maybe thats just how you boys roll down there not sure .pardon the pun ..abut I live 2000 miles away

It kept up with a LOADED SUPER-B?????????????WOW must be an awesome truck:eek:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a 5 speed so it would take ALOT of hp to get me there i was just trying to make the point you stated alot of supporting mods are needed for a reliable truck.

Well, you just replace stuff when it breaks. But stack two programmers and injectors, if you know how to find deals might be able to get a turbo to for $2000, and you'll run 12.8 easy. Won't take long to need a tranny/clutch, fuel pump, etc but it would still make a couple runs.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
injectors - 200
intake - 200
manifold - 450
exhauset - 400
turbo - 1800
clutch 1 - 700 plus install
clutch 2 650hp - 800
chip - 650

well im at 6 grand with a TIGHT buget