Who has netflix?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been having problems watching some programes some things have sound and others do not. Was on the phone with a tech guy from netflix they said that we need faster internet speed as some films need faster interet. Do you think this sounds right they said our internet is not fast enough to watch some films.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have it and if the speed is not fast enough it simply stops streaming for a second or two then resumes.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What speeds do you have?

I have Telus Optic 15down 1up, can watch 2 hd channels on other tv's and stream Netflix on a 3rd.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Have had netflix for over a year. Kids are on it constantly with no problems at all. We have hight speed, not sure of the speed though but fast enough to stream through two devices with no delay.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol just a cheap package never really needed better but now we have netflix and other wireless things in the house maybe time to upgrade also i think our router needs to be upraded to a daul band one.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had it for a while for the TV shows they run. The movies weren't that great to pick from IMO. But I was good for how much it cost.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was it doing? Cause for a while ours would play an episode then not let you play another one from the same series. You could switch programs but only could watch one episode.

As for Internet get the midrange one. Shouldn't need more than 40-50$ a month and go get your self a new Cisco router or linksys. D-link routers are junk. get one in the about 40-60$ range. If you are in sask the sasktel 2wire router is junk.

RZonetwenty

Reaction score
lol just a cheap package never really needed better but now we have netflix and other wireless things in the house maybe time to upgrade also i think our router needs to be upgraded to a dual band one.
Internet speed doesn't have anything to do with not being able to play Netflix. If anything it'll stop streaming or take a really long time to start playing a video. A dual band router won't help with speed either, it'll help with signal stability but that's it. For the best internet strength run an ethernet cable from your router to whatever your playing Netflix on, it might be a pain but it really is the only way to get 100% out of your internet.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Internet speed doesn't have anything to do with not being able to play Netflix. If anything it'll stop streaming or take a really long time to start playing a video. A dual band router won't help with speed either, it'll help with signal stability but that's it. For the best internet strength run an ethernet cable from your router to whatever your playing Netflix on, it might be a pain but it really is the only way to get 100% out of your internet.

Prove yourself wrong,.. play it on a 56k modem Mr. Smarty pants :)

Forgot to add, it's no different than streaming a youtube video, when you load netflix you are syncing to their server, thats what that red bar is. When the picture starts to freeze its because you aren't downloading fast enough to keep sync with their server.

Ever watch a youtube video and it freezes, so you hit pause and the bar on the bottom goes up, then unpause and continue watching video.

Last edited:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the info i don't understand wy its started to do it it's always worked fine watched all of the breaking bad episodes with no problem at all. Its only started since christmas now i can't get sound on the things i want to watch but it loads up fine and plays just no sound. We did everything the tech said and they said its my internet speed but it loads up fine and plays i don't get it.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the same problems here....
Comes and Go's:mad:

Oh really did you call them what did they say to you? I'm thinking of gtting rid of it seems like everything i want to watch has no sound.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh really did you call them what did they say to you? I'm thinking of gtting rid of it seems like everything i want to watch has no sound.

Have not called yet. Started Acting up end of December but last night and tonight has been fine.
Next time it acts up i was going to call.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not called yet. Started Acting up end of December but last night and tonight has been fine.
Next time it acts up i was going to call.

Yeah mine started acting up at the end of december to i was wondering if they say its your internet speed to. I will log in tomorrow and see if the foot locker film works for me.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you running Shaw internet? I've noticed in the past few months that Shaw internet as taking a real sh!t in terms of speed. Ever since they have released that EXO speed internet package, it seems like their previous high speed internet packages have been nerfed for speed. I used to be able to stream netflix no problem on mobile devices over my wifi, but recently it doesn't stream with as high a quality, which means my internet speed is not keeping up. I've noticed this with general internet usage as well, not just Netflix.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was having trouble with mine but it was my Apple TV so I replaced it. I use it on both my Apple TV and playstation 3 and it is flawless.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
the problem is your hearing aid batteries not your netflicks......

Thank you for all the info i don't understand wy its started to do it it's always worked fine watched all of the breaking bad episodes with no problem at all. Its only started since christmas now i can't get sound on the things i want to watch but it loads up fine and plays just no sound. We did everything the tech said and they said its my internet speed but it loads up fine and plays i don't get it.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Convert your Netflix Canada to the US version !!!!

On all my Netfilx devices I want to watch USA channels I just change the DNS server from AUTO to MANUAL and enter. I am not downloading anything to a computer or changing any router settings, ONLY the bluray/smarttv/Wii.

Primary DNS190.14.36.90
Secondary DNS 206.214.214.28

It takes a little while longer to load,.. but I am in no hurry

Last edited:
Top Bottom