who are you more likely to support

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a business that supports a snowmobile club that does the hard fight for trails and land closures or a web-site for info in general but isn't on the front lines with the government boys.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there more to this story? I need more info that is a thrown out there question. What is the story behind this thread?

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's nothing to add to the story, let's just say over the years that sled business owners have been involved in the local club or clubs, and now with computers and a bunch of different sled web sites, that are sort of privately run for sort of a profit, it seems that if your not supportitive of a sled web-site, but are heavily involved in the grassroots of the sport, your kinda of the bad guy. that's kinda of the story, just curious to people thoughts.:confused:

deathtoll

Reaction score
im with the sled shop on this one i know what its like to fight for a trail im in the heat of a battle for people not puting gates on the trans canada trail right now but i know if they put gates up they will be taken down by angry snowmobilers:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused how a web site for info and a business like you describe would be in competition with each other. Can't a person support both? If not, the business for sure.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm kind of confused how a web site for info and a business like you describe would be in competition with each other. Can't a person support both? If not, the business for sure.

YA, THIS THREAD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE........ SUPPORT BOTH, ESPECIALLY THE WEBSITE FOR INFORMATION, AND PHYSICALLY SUPPORT THE DEALER.... THREAD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'M A MEMBER OF SEVERAL SNOWMOBILE CLUBS IN AND AROUND THE EDMONTON AREA, AND AM VERY INVOLVED, BUT RESERVE TIME TO VOLUNTEER AND HELP MODERATE THIS SITE....

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no reason why you can't support both...Website for info and fun and the businesses when you buy parts, supplies and hotels of the communities that you visit. You can also support the local clubs of the towns you go sledding in by buying memberships or donating your time or money donations. I believe what threadkiller is getting at are the businesses that are supporting venders on websites, but do not help with the government issues. I know we are active in the local club with government issues and are supporting vender on here so for us it is a win win situation....:d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is a pot, dont stir it..... Not worth the effort.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a business that supports a snowmobile club that does the hard fight for trails and land closures or a web-site for info in general but isn't on the front lines with the government boys.

Good Point! Websites may supply good information, but may not put out funds towards our local snowmobile clubs.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

This is a stange question, we all work together. In fact I would think computers have brought the whole sledding, manufacturing, and aftermarket community together. The clubs communicate through the websites and forums. Im met alot more club people from all different clubs over time. And im positive the 'government boys' are on the sites as well. This site is involved with the clubs alot, and when we put on our Mountain mania event, the local club where its hosted is involved and makes a profit.
I never new nothing about all the land closure issues untill I started going on sled websites. And all the events from sled poker rallys to snowmobile shows all over are much easier to find information now than before.

.....a bunch of different sled web sites, that are sort of privately run for sort of a profit
Hmmm, most sled/atv sites are not to make a profit, as a site grows in size any capital you make goes to upgrading your server and software updates. Thats what I found out so far anyway. Lucky I have a good job to support a website. Also we sponsor alot of sled and atv events by giving them shirts, hats and video's, which promote the site and unite more people that all enjoy the same sports together, which intern gets the awarness out.

The shops fix your sled or spruce it up, but the only involvent I can see towards snowmobile clubs is when you need a prize for an event, or some sponsorship. They do support the sites with advertisments though, its like an endless loop here. So in conclusion if I was not a owner of this website and just a member, I would support a website the dealers and repair/mod shops get enough of my money. Still a little confused..:confused::confused:

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This site helps out clubs by giving them a place to post whatever they want people to know about themselves. Trail Pass sales,trail conditions,trail concerns,fundraising events,whatever they put on. Some clubs take advantage of the freebie some dont.
I as well as others are a little confused on the question. If your company wants to support a club in their efforts (crowsnest?) then do that any club needs help. Thanksless job as a club working hard to keep areas and trails going all on a shoestring budget. When clubs ask for trail funds to maintain here in Alberta they are not helped to much at all.
Either way Its good to see someone is wondering what is the best way to support snowmobiling in Alberta. Good on you.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledderglen finally figured out who you are;)back in the good ole days of asa late 80's early 90's. i guess the reason i brought up this confusing question which actually is a confusing matter, cause i get asked what club's do you support or are you a supporting vendor. so being ole school, with way too much passion for this sport, i've gone with supporting clubs, since i was involved with our local club for quite a few years,and got the southern alberta snow show going which has turned into the asa show. and you do suffer burn-out and you need some fresh blood in there. so then some will say that you're not a supporting vendor of some of the web-sites that our out there. unforunately there is only so much cash to throw around. any so you make your choices every winter. and mind will always be clubs. so on that note, i think it was here, shawnmgr, made mention that we should on our signature line, show what clubs we belong to or are a corporate sponsor of. maybe that's was what i was trying to get too. i'm just a confused old man.:d

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledderglen finally figured out who you are;)back in the good ole days of asa late 80's early 90's. i guess the reason i brought up this confusing question which actually is a confusing matter, cause i get asked what club's do you support or are you a supporting vendor. so being ole school, with way too much passion for this sport, i've gone with supporting clubs, since i was involved with our local club for quite a few years,and got the southern alberta snow show going which has turned into the asa show. and you do suffer burn-out and you need some fresh blood in there. so then some will say that you're not a supporting vendor of some of the web-sites that our out there. unforunately there is only so much cash to throw around. any so you make your choices every winter. and mind will always be clubs. so on that note, i think it was here, shawnmgr, made mention that we should on our signature line, show what clubs we belong to or are a corporate sponsor of. maybe that's was what i was trying to get too. i'm just a confused old man.:d
Now your question makes sense. As you say, people have limited resources, it's up to you to put them where you feel they will do the most good. I've found that the folks that criticize are generally the ones that contribute the least.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in at nut shell, as a business owner, club member and supporter, asa supporter, and proud sponsor of this web site. why do we do it?

i do it to interact with others who share my passion, and if i find something i agree with i support it. And yes all of us have bottoms to our pockets so the beauty is having a choice where my support goes. Contrary to popular believe I didnt join to gain sales, even though that does happen:dand im not unhappy about it:bandance:, i did it to meet people who are as crazy or crazier than me and share some good times. :party2:
As for the buying goes everyone shops around and buys where they feel more comfortable, and i know that there are alot of people who know me and buy from and some that buy elsewhere, its called freedom of choice.

You can choose who u hang out with, work with, socialize with, and who you support. Thats the beauty of Canada. that and the -40-45 C we get to brag about, when on hot vacations.........lol

One thing i would like to point out is we all have limited time to dedicate to trail preservation, maintainance and developement. yet everythinks this is the dealers responsibility, i ask you this howmany riders are there? and how many dealers are there? ..... i do support and volunteer what i can, if everyone gave a couple hours a season to there trails we would all get to know eachother better, and have nicer trails....

so thats my 3 pennies.....

Terry

Top Bottom