Whitecourt

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No im headin out with some newbies so far the truck is possibly full wont know for sure until tommorrow. asked ryeser but someone else already took his place. If he still wants to go i will tell him to get a hold of you if your wanting to go.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i want to go. i will ask around and see if anyone i know can get the day off. how are the roads up there right now? will be pulling with either a jeep or an escape

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
smurffs pics look like they are good i will pm ya tommorrow on what time we are leavin @ talk to ya later

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
smurffs pics look like they are good i will pm ya tommorrow on what time we are leavin @ talk to ya later

I can't make it, wish I could, roads, including GT Road were in great shape, just make sure to watch for vehicles coming the other way... and make sure that your buddies dont freak when they see one coming, just ask TKO! Hope you guys have a good time!

Jake

Reaction score
We did cut lines between Edson and Whitecourt on the weekend, Long lake area. Good foot and a half of untouched snow. Had way to much fun, took 2 GPS's and tried to get lost.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out today just past Whitecourt about 10km and rode just off chickadee road (i think thats the name of the road...)

We found at most 2' of powder in some of the pump jack sites that were protected from the wind. Most everywhere else had 1.5'

Still decent snow out there to be found 4 weeks after the last major snowfall!!

blair155

Reaction score
Also went to Whitecourt today and found some nice powder 2'+ in some areas. We parked off Groat Creek Road. I never knew the whitecourt area was so snowmobiler friendly, its nice to find a place within 2 hours of edmonton. One question however.. You can see hills all around however we never made it to any. Off which trails/or which direction from town can you find some good hills for future reference??? Thankyou

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to go ride Whitecourt this week-end but have never ridin' there in my life. Can someone give me some direction to some decent terrain, i'm not looking for anyones hidden secrets just want a full day of some good riding. We have about 6 guys looking to go and i personally run a GPS so a starting point would be sweet. Unless one of you locals want to take us on a burn!!!!:d:d

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=T-nytro;360902]Went out this morning, snow plowing over the hood , pretty sweet conditions right now.[/QUOTE]

:nopics:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to go ride Whitecourt this week-end but have never ridin' there in my life. Can someone give me some direction to some decent terrain, i'm not looking for anyones hidden secrets just want a full day of some good riding. We have about 6 guys looking to go and i personally run a GPS so a starting point would be sweet. Unless one of you locals want to take us on a burn!!!!:d:d

You can park at our staging area just off of hwy43 on hwy 32 North towards Swan Hills. Stop in town at the IGA or the Esso on the way outta town and get a trail map and trail pass (ASA pass) if you don't already have one. The trails were groomed last week and with the fresh snow, should be good to play on the pipelines, cutlines, etc... I would love to show you around but I am flying out to Kelowna tomorrow for a 'conjugal visit' with the bride. Have fun and enjoy the powder.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can park at our staging area just off of hwy43 on hwy 32 North towards Swan Hills. Stop in town at the IGA or the Esso on the way outta town and get a trail map and trail pass (ASA pass) if you don't already have one. The trails were groomed last week and with the fresh snow, should be good to play on the pipelines, cutlines, etc... I would love to show you around but I am flying out to Kelowna tomorrow for a 'conjugal visit' with the bride. Have fun and enjoy the powder.

Awesome, this should be all i need, i'm kind of an adventurer so i'm sure we'll find something to play in. I have to check but i believe i have a ASA membership for this year when i did the ZACs TRACs avy course, i think one was included in the package otherwise no problem supporting the local club. Cheers.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that with all the warmer weather, animal activity seems to have increased a bunch recently. Saw about a dozen deer yesterday(two WAY too close for comfort) and a couple of moose and deer again today. Need to be careful, hittin one of those beasts on a sled would suck lots.

Top Bottom