Whitecourt ride?

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody up for a ride in Whitecourt this week sometime? Maybe head up to Goose Tower?

Sounds like there will be a group riding the trail up to Virginia Hills from town to check for more dead fall tomorrow. PM if you are interested and I can get you in contact with the boys that are going. I am sick in bed, hope to be able to go tomorrow but much improvement will be required overnight.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was pretty decent today, was a good ride, at least till that stupid grader blade jumped out in front of me. Gonna pull it apart to assess damage tonight and hopefully track down parts in the morning. Will post pics of the destruction later on.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one with the bad luck that day?! Where did that happen? On the pipeline? Gerry at Martin Equipment fixed me up this morning @ 8:00AM and I was out of there at 10:30. Good to go again! Waiting for your pictures.:d

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the damage:

P1000124.jpg

P1000125.jpg

P1000129.jpg

Got lucky, its all cosmetic damage. Cost isn't gonna be to bad either, just the waiting for the parts that will suck, cause nobody seems to have them or they closed early today, which pisses me off. I will be putting the upgraded kit on from Polaris that uses the '09 front end, which has a supposedly stronger front bumper. Just don't want to have to wait a week to be able to get my sled back together, but I guess that's the way it goes.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad deal. You don't have to replace the whole hood right, just the black plastic on the front?

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad deal. You don't have to replace the whole hood right, just the black plastic on the front?

That's right, glad its a seperate piece. There are a couple marks on the hood, but I might be able to buff them out, if not, I can live with them.
It happened in the ditch right by the pipeline, there is a culvert marker, a bit of a creek, and the grader blade was just on the edge of the little creek, never even saw it. Gonna go out to try and mark it tomorrow, if I can remember what road to turn off on, will be taking some flagging tape and some bright spray paint to try and make it more visable.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one with the bad luck that day?! Where did that happen? On the pipeline? Gerry at Martin Equipment fixed me up this morning @ 8:00AM and I was out of there at 10:30. Good to go again! Waiting for your pictures.:d

It happened in the ditch along the Virginia Hills road, right after we left the cabin.......crazy chit man. Glad to see your beast is ready to go again to....have a good trip to the montangs eh!

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right, glad its a seperate piece. There are a couple marks on the hood, but I might be able to buff them out, if not, I can live with them.

Hey Scott.......glad to hear it won't be hard to fix.....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It happened in the ditch along the Virginia Hills road, right after we left the cabin.......crazy chit man. Glad to see your beast is ready to go again to....have a good trip to the montangs eh!

we'll have to be sure it's well marked for the rally. Glad to hear you made it out Scott, to bad about the carnage.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No montagnes for me this weekend. Rooster passed the flu onto Brooks and he didn't want to ride with DEPENDS so I worked today instead to pay for the monsters repair bill. Don G is talking about a ride on Sat. if it's not -100 still.
We'll keep in touch.

Hey Hemi, at least you got the yearly crash out of the way early. Nothing but fun from here on in!!!:d:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Your not alone on the damages. I had a hard time loading my sled after a ride out there on Sunday. Damn skis just didn't want to point in the right direction no more :confused: Haven't tore into yet but hopefully just a tie rod.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your not alone on the damages. I had a hard time loading my sled after a ride out there on Sunday. Damn skis just didn't want to point in the right direction no more :confused: Haven't tore into yet but hopefully just a tie rod.

That sucks, hopefully its not to bad. Breaking stuff sucks, but its part of the fun I guess.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

At least your sled is in better shape than the quad you were trying to sell before christmas....:d

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parts came in on Thursday, got everything ready to go over the weekend during breaks from studying. Hope this snow keeps up, cause I wanna ride this weekend. Anyone else?:d

Top Bottom