Whitecourt conditions

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow you have a lot of snow that way !!!

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Well how is the snow out that way trying to get out there for dec 6 weekend is there lots of untouched. And new to riding there any one up for a ride

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we get the 30cm of snow we are supposed to tomorrow, there will be a lot of untouched. It's been warm here for the past week and we freezing rain today.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pic. Looks like a good day. thanks for sharin. Plannin on takin the family up that way b4 Christmas. Where would a fella get a trail map for the area?

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to join on a weekday ride? Just got fired and have some time to kill before I move across the country to my new job.

Sent from my iPhone using

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we will be starting Monday to fill in river and creek banks, for crossing, taking the Snow Cat out without the drag. its 30 below out here today.dont advise sledding yet. supposed to warm up Tomorrow ( Sunday 8th) ride safe and dont cross the river yet gang..

Dave ,,our newest groomer operator - gate builder- ice checker will be out checking ice this weekend....lol

Attachments

• Groomerdrivercheckingicethickness_zpsa6ef8e72.jpg
    Groomerdrivercheckingicethickness_zpsa6ef8e72.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Groomer.jpg
    Groomer.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 274

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Summit trail south from Whitecourt to the cabin is groomed. Also the Goodwin trail to cabin is groomed. The Manweiler trail from Summit cabin to the Athabasca is packed and creeks filled in. Groat canyon trail from staging area west has been packed and creeks filled in. Trails south of Athabasca will be all groomed next week before weekend.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride today in the whitecourt area, they definitely need more snow. What i found i was 1-1.5 ft with a decent base, lots of stuff you can hit still! They need a good snow fall before i go back.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went for a ride today in the whitecourt area, they definitely need more snow. What i found i was 1-1.5 ft with a decent base, lots of stuff you can hit still! They need a good snow fall before i go back.
How did the wife like the new Poo?

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not sure where you were sledding. Whitecourt is a big area! Pretty good snow south and west of town. It does vary about a foot in places.
Another decent dump last night!

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you went from the Eagle River staging area the snow is a bit thin until you get over towards the Gundy cabin. I rode it yesterday. Snow is a lot better south of town and west. The Groat Creek staging area is a good place to start. The trail will be groomed tomorrow.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats good stay away, no snow at all around here. City folk stay in the city, i heard those ditches are sweet, watch out for road signs

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
next week I am hitting the whitecourt trails one evening for sure to see whats out here.....may even venture out tomorrow evening. gotta break 100 kms on the sled by the end of the week

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like another weather warning for you guys.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is up the eagle tower road. Was up there today for work and good snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CJR

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good stay away, no snow at all around here. City folk stay in the city, i heard those ditches are sweet, watch out for road signs

Dont ride ditches but thanks for your opinion.

Top Bottom