Whitecourt conditions

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode on Sunday nd it was the best riding I have one all year there. There was a very large tree own on trail from points 8 to 9. According to Trailblazers website they are trying to lear it. The power grids were hardly touched and had deep snow.

That tree is getting dealt with tomorrow - thanks for reporting it to the club members that you spoke to at the cabin.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That tree is getting dealt with tomorrow - thanks for reporting it to the club members that you spoke to at the cabin.
I am glad we were able to get message to the club. The trails are some of the best maintaned and marked trails in Alberta. The people we met were very nice and a great time was had by all.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out there this past weekend (Mar. 23/24) and conditions were wicked! We went south to the Groat Creek area, and found tons of powder (3-5 ft deep) and lots of untouched stuff. Tried to stay away from the cut blocks, because of the stumps and stuff, but perfect sun and weather. Wasn't busy at all. Buddy got stuck quite a bit on my short track Yammy (with 1.5 paddles) but I only got stuck once on my Assault. And yes, I was trying!

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of stuck pics. My buddy on my 98 Yammy Vmax XTC-P (700 triple, 121 with 1.5 paddles and mountain skis), and then me on my 13 RMK Assault.

Attachments

• IMGA0133-2.JPG
    IMGA0133-2.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 396
  • IMGA0118-2.JPG
    IMGA0118-2.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has whitecourt been getting any snow yet? how about the back country?

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been out trail cleaning on the Whitecourt this weekend and most of our trails are just waiting for a bit more snow now. We have 5-6" of snow on them at best and not much frost in the ground so there is still mud in areas :) Its going to be another few weeks and a few more inches of snow before we can really sled around here.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been out trail cleaning on the Whitecourt this weekend and most of our trails are just waiting for a bit more snow now. We have 5-6" of snow on them at best and not much frost in the ground so there is still mud in areas :) Its going to be another few weeks and a few more inches of snow before we can really sled around here.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a pretty good melt and some rain last week, we've had about 4 inches since Friday in town. Creek crossings have just enough ice to make you think they are safe to cross. It's getting there.

jonw

Reaction score
Is the snow like that picture everywhere around whitecourt? Wanting to come for a ride there Saturday hopeing to find lots of snow like this

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the snow like that picture everywhere around whitecourt? Wanting to come for a ride there Saturday hopeing to find lots of snow like this

Snow is pretty decent right now. You might need to go a ways to find untracked powder. Watch for open creeks and wet spots. No grooming has been done yet. Staging areas are open.

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

dmax_silvia_s13

Reaction score
Was in Whitecourt on the weekend and the snow was amazing! Later in the day Saturday it started to get pretty wet and lots of areas were crushed but there's still lots left. Had a great time other then 2 break downs and friends new to them sleds. An m1000 broke the crank and the nytro in the pic broke a bracket on the tensioner wheels. Both first rides out on them! Can't wait to get back out there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 269
Top Bottom