While it's tore appart

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get that hitch off..jeepers so far so good but that hitch sticks out like a sore thumb...yeesh!..those sliders are sweet:beer:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleddingmom... nice to see you love to wrench! Way to Go! Next time you need to replace your hyfax just spray the groove with Pam or use cooking oil. Makes 'em slide on nice and it washes up easy after with alittle soap.

I was wondering about that. Suggested it to sledding dad, but we went ahead with tapping. I'll remember that for when we change his sliders. I don't think he'll be getting as bright as mine. hee hee.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i was wondering about that. Suggested it to sledding dad, but we went ahead with tapping. I'll remember that for when we change his sliders. I don't think he'll be getting as bright as mine. Hee hee.

yours are bright, mom..... Still no pics of the sled??........:)

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi: Be sure to pack the bearings full when re-using them.... I usually repack them full, with "low temperature" synthetic grease..... I pack them fuller than your picture shows..... So when i push the seals back in, grease squishes out, and then wipe the excess off............ That is the economical way to do bearings.....;)

Not to inject another opinion into this but why not just replace with brand new bearings? The "good" NTN bearings are all of $7 a pop!
:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yours are bright, mom..... Still no pics of the sled??........:)

We have about 1 hour or 2 of work to get everything back in then, I'll take a picture. or I can take one now......I'm not sure if you guys will like my seat. I think it's awesome. He didn't have the purple I wanted or lime green so I went a bit blueish. Shaved the back of the seat off so it's flat. I am up on my knees and switching running boards so much I wanted to have a flatter seat. Good for when I have the kids with me too. Thinking of making a kind of sissybar I can bolt to my carriage rack.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to inject another opinion into this but why not just replace with brand new bearings? The "good" NTN bearings are all of $7 a pop!
:d

I ended up buying one bearing from Dusty to replace one of the bearings by the springs. It still wasn't turning enough even after repacking it, it was about 8 bucks. Inexpensive piece of mind I think.:)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is my seat. Keep in mind that I am a mom and rarely unless absolutely neccesary, buy things that are brand new. my waterproof gortex riding pants, second hand store, my boots-brand new second hand store. I just about had a stroke when I saw the price to replace the seat assembly, so I opted for my local apholstery guy. He wasn't going to do it at first, as the gas tank and seat are all in one, but after a big hug he did it and was done within 2 1/2 hours! $130.00 yippee.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have about 1 hour or 2 of work to get everything back in then, I'll take a picture. or I can take one now......I'm not sure if you guys will like my seat. I think it's awesome. He didn't have the purple I wanted or lime green so I went a bit blueish. Shaved the back of the seat off so it's flat. I am up on my knees and switching running boards so much I wanted to have a flatter seat. Good for when I have the kids with me too. Thinking of making a kind of sissybar I can bolt to my carriage rack.

Sounds like you know what yur doing... being on yur kness is a good thing, I'm sure sleddingdad appreciates that. ;) being in an aggressive stance makes for a better ride, for everyone! Less time getting stuck. Sounds like you know how to handle yur machine. Less work for him... Every guy that rides with his wife loves it when they can hold their own. :)

Can't wait to see your sled when it's done.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you know what yur doing... being on yur kness is a good thing, I'm sure sleddingdad appreciates that. ;) being in an aggressive stance makes for a better ride, for everyone! Less time getting stuck. Sounds like you know how to handle yur machine. Less work for him... Every guy that rides with his wife loves it when they can hold their own. :)

Can't wait to see your sled when it's done.

hee hee that was a good one! But yep, I love riding my machine. Really miss it during the week since it's been down. Normally I would be out each day with the kids, but I don't totally trust the summit, rotax engines were always harder for me to turn over. I would hate to be somewhere with the kids and not be able to start the machine.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.....but I don't totally trust the summit, rotax engines were always harder for me to turn over.

That's cuz Rotax make more power!!! LOL

Seriously though, you can try and pull the recoil on my big AC triple if you want a sled that is tough to start.......pulling that thing over at -20C is tougher than bench pressing a school bus.

Where's the finished pics? Been watching this thread for the updates.

I was secretly hoping you would upholster the seat with orange shag, kinda like Animal off the Muppets.....

Attachments

• Animaleatdrums.jpg
    Animaleatdrums.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 120

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's cuz Rotax make more power!!! LOL

Seriously though, you can try and pull the recoil on my big AC triple if you want a sled that is tough to start.......pulling that thing over at -20C is tougher than bench pressing a school bus.

Where's the finished pics? Been watching this thread for the updates.

I was secretly hoping you would upholster the seat with orange shag, kinda like Animal off the Muppets.....

Sooooooooo close. Sledding dad was sick last night, so I put my new winshield on and tinkered with a few things. I was wondering if I should have put the elastic thingies on first then mounted the windshield, but I got them on. Last step, putting the suspension back in. Sledding dad will be home at 4:00! So I will be on the trail if all goes well by 4:30. Apparently I'm getting really really really cranky without my sled.:realmad:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hee hee that was a good one! But yep, I love riding my machine. Really miss it during the week since it's been down. Normally I would be out each day with the kids, but I don't totally trust the summit, rotax engines were always harder for me to turn over. I would hate to be somewhere with the kids and not be able to start the machine.

I didn't mean it to sound that way. Sorry :rolleyes:. I was really trying to say that when you get your knee on the seat you have much better control and leverage of the sled in the dicey spots. I'm sure you will notice that the shaved off rear part of the seat will help you out. You will however loose the handy storage compartment right?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean it to sound that way. Sorry :rolleyes:. I was really trying to say that when you get your knee on the seat you have much better control and leverage of the sled in the dicey spots. I'm sure you will notice that the shaved off rear part of the seat will help you out. You will however loose the handy storage compartment right?

It's all good! That's how I've always ridden and like it.:) My storage compartment was oooky right from the start, so I've compensated with a back pack. My neighbor just gave me a set of arctic cat saddle bags he's had sitting around for 10 years, never used. trying to figure out where they would work best, if at all. Could use the extra storage, but I don't want them to be in the way. What do you think?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all good! That's how I've always ridden and like it.:) My storage compartment was oooky right from the start, so I've compensated with a back pack. My neighbor just gave me a set of arctic cat saddle bags he's had sitting around for 10 years, never used. trying to figure out where they would work best, if at all. Could use the extra storage, but I don't want them to be in the way. What do you think?

I would not do the saddle bag thing. You just spent the time and money to streamline your seat so you can ride freely and aggressively. Maybe a windsheild bag would give you the extra storage?? The back pack is a great idea as well. I used one for years :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy CRAPPPPPPPP!!!!! That was worse than giving birth to my big headed son!!! We had to put the suspension in twice because we (may have been my fault) released the tension we had on the shock and it ended up going the wrong way! Ahhh the rear bolts, oh my goooooooodness were they hard to get aligned! We did it though!!!! 4:30 was a wishful thought, we didn't get in untill 8:45 tonight!!!! It was funny, through the night, I told sleddingdad to stop swearing, he told me to stop swearing, then we were both swearing. Told the kids to put their hands over their ears. I am going to break it in tommorow morning and I will put pictures up then. Woweeeee! keep your fingers crossed!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you my friends!!!

Sleddingdad

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tips for taking the suspension in and out! It was a learning adventure. The next one will probably take an hour to get done!! Being on it's side helped the situation so much! thanks! Wife is very happy.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tips for taking the suspension in and out! It was a learning adventure. The next one will probably take an hour to get done!! Being on it's side helped the situation so much! thanks! Wife is very happy.

so now that sledding is up and running again, are you still gonna hide the keys for yours???:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess what?...... I went 10.2kms on my sled this afternoon. How do I know this?...MY SLED IS WORKING!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! YIPEEEE YIPEEEEEE!!!!
Minor difficulties this morning when I noticed the chain case was leaking oil. Thank you so much Summitric for your help.

Went out on the trail, everything seems pretty good. I went slow, to feel it out, and break my new belt in. Other than a weird whine when I was sitting still everything felt soooooooooooooo good.
This is what it looked like when I came home from 10.2kms!

Hee hee posnick, I told sledding dad that he could ride my sled anytime. He still thinks it was a reverse psychological trick, like when I cleaned up his indoor work bench yesterday.(I was looking for the keys to his M7)heehee.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled looks great. glad to see you out playing again. can you talk to my wife? my work bench is a mess;)

Top Bottom