While it's tore appart

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like you are dooing an awsome job.seems like it never ends once you get started..hey once yer done..wanna doo my summit...lol:d:beer::beer:

I am having such a great time and learning so much. Really understanding how everything works, will help me prevent damage in the future too! My husband is very very patient with me. Except when I shine the trouble light in his eyes, because I am trying to see what he's doing! Ooopsies! :d

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you look like a kid on xmas morning. happy to see everything is going well. must be anxious to get it back in the snow!:cool:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did a couple of engine rebuilds in a unheated garage man that can get cold on the fingers and laying on cold concrete nothing like grabing a wrench when its -20 now new shop in floor heat cold beer and no coat your husband is a lucky guy most wifes don"t know a bolt from a wrench and to get oil and grease on there hands forget it you go girl

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the new sliders today! Thanks Dusty! Brightest orange ever! Sledding dad confiscated the hacksaw and sliders from me. Lol. Does anyone have any tips for getting the new sliders on? Can't quite get them to slide.
Thanks a bunch!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi: Be sure to pack the bearings full when re-using them.... I usually repack them full, with "low temperature" synthetic grease..... I pack them fuller than your picture shows..... So when i push the seals back in, grease squishes out, and then wipe the excess off............ That is the economical way to do bearings.....;)

I have to agree with Summitric. I cann't remember how many bearings I repacked in my time but I always packed them like Summitric says. never had a problem with them.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the new sliders today! Thanks Dusty! Brightest orange ever! Sledding dad confiscated the hacksaw and sliders from me. Lol. Does anyone have any tips for getting the new sliders on? Can't quite get them to slide.
Thanks a bunch!

tap them on with a rubber mallet. watch for binding don't want to kink the shiney orange hyfax. Keep up the goo work and keep us posted.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tap them on with a rubber mallet. watch for binding don't want to kink the shiney orange hyfax. Keep up the goo work and keep us posted.

Thanks Pipes! I'm off to tap...................:d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pipes! I'm off to tap...................:d

hey aother little tip from the pipes. I notices that you have the back end of the sled suspended. when putting your skid back in. lay the machine over on its side. I use a chunk of carpet under the sled to protect the finish from scratchs. Do your front bolts first then you may need a ratchet strap to tension up a little so that you can line up the holes on the back mounts.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey aother little tip from the pipes. I notices that you have the back end of the sled suspended. when putting your skid back in. lay the machine over on its side. I use a chunk of carpet under the sled to protect the finish from scratchs. Do your front bolts first then you may need a ratchet strap to tension up a little so that you can line up the holes on the back mounts.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! totally makes sense. That's a huuuuuuuuuge help. You're awesome Pipes!:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the sliders in. Tap tap tap was all it took. I had to wrap my leg inside the suspension frame to do up the screw for the sliders, but it was a piece of cake!

Pretty awesome hey!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! totally makes sense. That's a huuuuuuuuuge help. You're awesome Pipes!:d

I wouldn't say awesome, experienced, pulled more skids than I care to count. Guess thats what happens when you have a heated garage and friends with sleds.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the sliders in. Tap tap tap was all it took. I had to wrap my leg inside the suspension frame to do up the screw for the sliders, but it was a piece of cake!

Pretty awesome hey!

looking good. I see you got the skid in the house. Good call on that one. Hyfax go on much easier when warm.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check this out. My old snowflap was ripped, so we got a recycled snowflap. Thanks yet again Dusty, I absolutely love it!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check this out. My old snowflap was ripped, so we got a recycled snowflap. Thanks yet again Dusty, I absolutely love it!

starting to come together. Be a shame to have new seat shiney new orange hyfax new snow flap and a rusty old hitch. I would take it off sandblast it and spash a coat or two of paint on it.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
starting to come together. Be a shame to have new seat shiney new orange hyfax new snow flap and a rusty old hitch. I would take it off sandblast it and spash a coat or two of paint on it.

The hitch does stand out now doesn't it! I'm gonna have to do something about that too. :d:d:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow, those are the brightest orange sliders i've ever seen.... Shoulda warned me, i woulda worn my shades..... Lol..... Looking good so far.... Lets see a full pic of the sled now;)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleddingmom... nice to see you love to wrench! Way to Go! Next time you need to replace your hyfax just spray the groove with Pam or use cooking oil. Makes 'em slide on nice and it washes up easy after with alittle soap.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
sleddingmom... Nice to see you love to wrench! Way to go! Next time you need to replace your hyfax just spray the groove with pam or use cooking oil. Makes 'em slide on nice and it washes up easy after with alittle soap.

actually just spray a little wd40 on the rails, and away you go..... The hyfax taps on very easily....

Top Bottom