which track do i got ?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
well is the pitch the same showtime ?
whats the best way to tell if they will fit ?
would kinde su.. if i would take them and they dont fit
does the shaft has the bearings on ?

im interested thats for sure

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its called a knife and open the closed windows :d:d

The best way to cut the windows open is actually with a sharp wood chisel. then you put a chunk of wood like a 2x4 in between so that when chisel goes thru it hits the 2x4.. I have done it this way and it worked really well.. Did it make sense how i was saying where you needed to measure to make sure that you'll have enough clearance to run the 10tooth drivers. Because do you have 8 tooth drivers now? The 10tooth drivers would be 25% larger than the 8 tooths. If they fit it would also require regearing.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's a 03 mnt cat it would have come stock with 10 tooth drivers. when i put extroverts i cut about 1.5 inches off the rails if i remember right. they were 10 tooth 2.52 pitch with stock 151" track. 2 years ago changed to the challenger extreme 156x16x2.5 3.00 pitch changed drivers to 9 tooth 3.00pitch and it fit good about 1/2" between side of track and tunnel. when cutting the rails off on the front i would put an anti stab kit on. I just put a 162x16x2.5 extreme on my sled dew to the rails stabbing through my 156 track an ripping it in half.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well is the pitch the same showtime ?
whats the best way to tell if they will fit ?
would kinde su.. if i would take them and they dont fit
does the shaft has the bearings on ?

im interested thats for sure

I think Glen asnwered alot of your questions but my drivers will definately work with that track as it's off a doo originally. The shaft i kinda doubt would work but i'm not sure. You could always get Ken @ Specailty to press these drivers off my shaft and onto yours. The shaft doesn't have the bearing anymore as i removed it originally to replace on the new shaft but then decided to get as new bearing as well. The bearing cost $37 at the dealer, took my old bearing to Commercial bearing on southside, got there for $14 including GST. Let me know if still interested, i have a guy that say's he's going to take them but i have no cash in hand so still up for grabs. Thanks.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
would be great if u could hold on to them till
saturday latest sunday

till than i will know clearance and everything should be clear

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Glen asnwered alot of your questions but my drivers will definately work with that track as it's off a doo originally. The shaft i kinda doubt would work but i'm not sure. You could always get Ken @ Specailty to press these drivers off my shaft and onto yours. The shaft doesn't have the bearing anymore as i removed it originally to replace on the new shaft but then decided to get as new bearing as well. The bearing cost $37 at the dealer, took my old bearing to Commercial bearing on southside, got there for $14 including GST. Let me know if still interested, i have a guy that say's he's going to take them but i have no cash in hand so still up for grabs. Thanks.

Once you press them onto a shaft you cant press them off and then press onto another shaft as they are already streched.. The problem that it would cause if you did that would be that the drivers wouldn't fit tight enough on the shaft and could slip on the driveshaft.. So you would have to get rid of shaft and all in a package deal.. Or swap shaft with the guy getting your drivers.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
thx glen for that info but i also already thought so

measured today

clearance front straight to the tunnel 1,5"
track to tunnel upward 3/4"
track to tunnel side 1/2"

counted teeth and i got 8teeth drivers in right now

so im guessing 10teeth wouldnt even fit or ?

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx glen for that info but i also already thought so

measured today

clearance front straight to the tunnel 1,5"
track to tunnel upward 3/4"
track to tunnel side 1/2"

counted teeth and i got 8teeth drivers in right now

so im guessing 10teeth wouldnt even fit or ?

are you talking about drivers in the picture. they look like 10 tooth drivers to me. if it is a 03 mnt cat 10 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers come stock on it. I had 10 tooth extros on my 03 900 mnt cat then 9 tooth 3.00 pitch witch are close to same diameter with 2.5 inch paddles and fit fine

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So yah 10 tooth extro's would work great.. To bad the other ones are already on a shaft.. Unless the shaft is out of a cat?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. If one does punch out the closed windows in the track do you need to run track clips? Or can you just go to Extro's and not worry about the new openings?

Top Bottom