which to buy ... Artic Cat vs Polaris (side by side and a single)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay muffinman I'm a supporter of the Rhino and do believe in it's abilities on the trail, but my buddies with the razr's sure look like they're having fun pinned out on their machines going by me.:d
See you on the trails
Don
:rino:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
muffinman my problem i when people come on here and bash chit they never owned. I know a guy i ride with that has a griz and last time he rode it he had to go up every hill in reverse cause the rear drive shaft striped off the rear diff and he only had front wheel drive. But you don't see me on here bash yamaha every chance i have. Actually though it was fun to bug him about his about his pice of chit grizz.

A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

My dad owned 3 sportsman 500 and ill have to admit that there tuff and never let him down but were a little higher in maintence than some others. The guys that have had rangers that didnt have issues thats awesome dont matter what brand nobody likes to be broke down! I think you should call some dealer and try out both models for yourself! that way you can see the difference cause there both totally different and will have pros and cons!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You also had no problems with the Demo you had out for the weekend before you bought yours....That REALLY impressed me ;) specially after I seen what you put that thing through :rolleyes: You don't drive your own like that do you??
Tough little farm implements and they are great for logging :d
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I refuse to comment as the dealer that gave me the demo may or may not frequent this forum.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

He's here!!! :eek::eek: Shhhhhhh:nono:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure its a twin and not an "ArcticCrap"

So either get a Canned Ham, Kawi or PoPo.

Andys

Reaction score
Make sure its a twin and not an "ArcticCrap"

So either get a Canned Ham, Kawi or PoPo.

This reminds me of Sesame Street....one of these things is not like the others!!

Make sure it's a V-Twin

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of Sesame Street....one of these things is not like the others!!

Make sure it's a V-Twin

Twin in general. ArcticCrap has V-twins.

Polaris has inline twins and they are good motors. Its like a Cummins inline 6 and a Duramax V-8.

AC can be a Ford... They got nothing to show for the "PowerJoke" :d

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
done .. bought the Polaris's

thanks all ..

planning the summer holidays to spend lots of time in the Rocky Mountain House area

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll enjoy having the hardest working smoothest riding ATV's on the market! (Polaris)

... about the Rhino, ... You can't break something when it doesn't have the power to get it into trouble. :d

And everything will have problems, Just so happens my XP has a PCV valve the dealer forgot to check the first time I brought it in (dealers fault) and it spit some oil into the airbox. A factory seal wasn't sealed around the clutch either. People make mistakes.

That being said, you can't bash Polaris for that, because I've blown a diff on a Honda quad, and my buddy snapped A-arms and his axle on his Foreman 450. I've also blown a tranny in a Suzuki LT-R. To these make 'em bad quads? no, these things will happen.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Look me up when your in the area and I'll show you around a little...
Checked your website,didn't see "hangover cure" in your brochure.WTF???
Or is that supplied as part of a tour???

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sumx54 not sure that I can afford 240 for a family of 4 , but will consider some money if in a bigger group

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand ... I'm new to game , but not my first rodeo at payment ..
since I drink very little and seem to get Christmas bottles I have a use for them now...

when we get to outwest at the end of June I will look you up ..
if you do not mind a family ride of green people with too big of machines

damntheram

Reaction score
In my opinion i would go with the polaris rzr or any ranger in the polaris lineup because i have heard a lot of good about them and not much bad. however i have heard of issues with arctic cat's reliability. Also with the sportsman xp850 u get a good looking, fast, quad that has best in class rack capacities

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good choice with the Polaris. Roger is a good guy to deal with. Shane in the back is also a great mechanic. Drop in anytime and they will shoot the sheet with ya.
Known them for years and also bought my girls the RZR 170 from him.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand ... I'm new to game , but not my first rodeo at payment ..
since I drink very little and seem to get Christmas bottles I have a use for them now...

when we get to outwest at the end of June I will look you up ..
if you do not mind a family ride of green people with too big of machines
Congrats and enjoy your new machine.Which model of Polaris did you buy?

Top Bottom