To buy or not to buy is the question: Arctic Cat Polaris Ski Doo What do y'all think?

Colorado

Reaction score
I snow checked a 2012 Polaris Pro RMK but now that my ski doo sold last night and I feel like the season isn't quite over for me should I or should I not get one of the following machines.

Are they even a good deal?

2008 Ski Doo Summit 800 XP 154 - 200 miles
-> would trade a Jeep wrangler for it

2011 Arctic Cat M8 Sno Pro Limited 153" = 210 miles
--> $9000 includes all the bags, 2 year warranty and back pack

Or should I just say F it and enjoy the spring summer and be done snowmobiling for the year? I'm not familiar with how long you can actually ride in Colorado as this is really my first year riding but I've owned 2 2009 Arctic Cat M8s and they were fantastic, not a huge fan of the ski doos I've owned both were 07 Summit 800 151 adrenalines and I've yet to ride a Pro RMK.

Thoughts?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Just got rid of my 08 XP ............ went to the turbo yami side. Love the move so far. :beer::d:beer:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not a fan of the poopoo but we did have a break down and rented a RMK pro and wow it worked really good. But I'm also comparing it to my 08 XP and they are close IMO but the dollars aren't close I wouldn't pay any more for a pro than a 08 XP. If you buying the the pro new that could be double $$$$.

If you like M8's I'd say you might not like the Pro I think its closer to a XP than a Cat.

If its the wifes Jeep than do it LOL :beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh i hate the xp's but love the rev..... hate the po po's cause they are way to tippy [ and i have buds that have them and u can see them twichin all the time to keep it where they want] ... the cats are the closest to the rev but the bar swing ig goofy.....

xp's are good going straight but suck turning, sidehilling, ect....

even the new 11 xp's with the smaller stance still not the same...

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snow checked a 2012 Polaris Pro RMK but now that my ski doo sold last night and I feel like the season isn't quite over for me should I or should I not get one of the following machines.

Are they even a good deal?

2008 Ski Doo Summit 800 XP 154 - 200 miles
-> would trade a Jeep wrangler for it

2011 Arctic Cat M8 Sno Pro Limited 153" = 210 miles
--> $9000 includes all the bags, 2 year warranty and back pack

Or should I just say F it and enjoy the spring summer and be done snowmobiling for the year? I'm not familiar with how long you can actually ride in Colorado as this is really my first year riding but I've owned 2 2009 Arctic Cat M8s and they were fantastic, not a huge fan of the ski doos I've owned both were 07 Summit 800 151 adrenalines and I've yet to ride a Pro RMK.

Thoughts?

just keep your pro RMK. my dad has an 08 800 XP and he says its a P.O.S and would never buy one again. the engine is always giving him grief. it could be a lemon though, that was the first year the XP chassis came out though

stadler

Reaction score
dont know what u talking about my xp sidehills sweet climbs better and nvr had a problem turning.. one secret bout xp is, get used to it than ride it cuz its way diffrent than any other sled.. i nvr get anything exapt XP.... LOVE IT.....

Top Bottom