which to buy ... Artic Cat vs Polaris (side by side and a single)

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I sold my business, now I need to buy a side by side (3seater) and a single up quad .... because I have a wife and 2 kids (8 & 10)
mostly will be trail riding.
so give me your thoughts

Artic Cat Prowler HDX700 and a Artic Cat 700LTD

versus

Polaris Ranger XP 800 and a Sportsman XP850

I Thank-You in advance...

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can think of a lot better.4 seater rzr for the whole family.Canam commander with a seat in back.Teryx,Rhino.I would buy all 4 before even thinking about the AC

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I sold my business, now I need to buy a side by side (3seater) and a single up quad .... because I have a wife and 2 kids (8 & 10)
so give me your thoughts

versus

Chosing between Arctic Cat and Polaris, i would say Polaris would be the better option. I have heard that many of the cats have problems and qaulity issues (i have never had A C so not sure, just talk on the trail).
Good luck & happy shopping.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
so give me your thoughts

versus

In the Arctic Cat you have more options than that.

If you do not need the dump box, any dealership should be able to turn any prowler on their showroom floor into a 4 seater for you. We just did a 700 XTX in Green into a 4 seater, with an 800 watt stero system, upgraded front seats, simpson harnesses all the way around. I think like others have said cost wise it would be better to buy a side by side and turn it into a 4 seater than it would be to buy a side by side and a quad.

This is what ours looked like: (sorry for the quality, my blackberry camera SUCKS)

A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

we have taken 2 polaris rangers that we in what apeared to be in geat shape on trade both had low miles under 500 and both were nightmares!!!

On one the tranny was pouched and howled very bad and shifting cable broke at the shop along with a wore out clutch! The other one the diff needed to be replaced after only 1 ride with the new owner!

The 700 prowlers have been very good to not only sell but we dont see them back in the shop very often. There is lots of accessories for them and the hdx with the extra cargo capacity and 3 seater is nice!

A

ASEMotorsportsTyler

isn't cat also coming out with a new SXS right away now too?

YES you are correct!!!! there will be a new one relesed later this year!

Its called the "WILDCAT" and it is gonna go right after the RZR market. Its wider than the RZR and has a rear engine the prototype that i seen had a V-twin motor not sure of the CC's tho. The back shocks were about 3ft long and i was told this unit could take 2ft deep woops at 50mph! its only a 2seater and will have Hight, Low, park and reverse in the tranny! Engine was behind the riders and so will the Rad and Fuel tank or alteast that was what i was told! price point was suppost to be around $15000.00usd

Any other question just ask and ill try to answer them for ya

Cheers
Tyler Semeniuk

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
we have taken 2 polaris rangers that we in what apeared to be in geat shape on trade both had low miles under 500 and both were nightmares!!!

On one the tranny was pouched and howled very bad and shifting cable broke at the shop along with a wore out clutch! The other one the diff needed to be replaced after only 1 ride with the new owner!

The 700 prowlers have been very good to not only sell but we dont see them back in the shop very often. There is lots of accessories for them and the hdx with the extra cargo capacity and 3 seater is nice!

HOLA!! what a Brand Basher :eek: :nono:

FYI... I own a rental company and supply my clients with the Polaris RZR and these things get BEAT. Average 3000 miles per unit per year. I have not EVER had a lick of grief with any of them. The polaris RZR I stand behind 100% but I will not stand behind their quads. I also rent out a few sportsmans and have nothing but grief. my two cents.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seeing how you live in Bonnyville, go and see Terry @ T&TPower Sports.
He's a good chit, and will tell you straight up. The Pro's & Con's of both.
And there won't be ANY brand bashing.

Just my :twocents:

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not get a arctic cat. I've had a a 2009 prowler, and it was nothing but trouble. Only kept it for a year cause it was in the shop getting fixed for like 6 months out of the year. We had to take it in to get it fixed literally after every time we rode it.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Wow! I've had zero problems with my prowler,rode it lots last summer,plowed TONS of snow with it all winter! I think every brand has their lemons...
Whatever you do, do not get a arctic cat. I've had a a 2009 prowler, and it was nothing but trouble. Only kept it for a year cause it was in the shop getting fixed for like 6 months out of the year. We had to take it in to get it fixed literally after every time we rode it.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

was yours the 550, 700 or 1000?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was the 1000, but pretty much everything that was wrong with it had to do with the chasis, but the one time it was the tranny that went, and it took the dealership 2 months to fix it. It was gone all summer.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Wow! I've had zero problems with my prowler,rode it lots last summer,plowed TONS of snow with it all winter! I think every brand has their lemons...

You also had no problems with the Demo you had out for the weekend before you bought yours....That REALLY impressed me ;) specially after I seen what you put that thing through :rolleyes: You don't drive your own like that do you??
Tough little farm implements and they are great for logging :d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I refuse to comment as the dealer that gave me the demo may or may not frequent this forum.
You also had no problems with the Demo you had out for the weekend before you bought yours....That REALLY impressed me ;) specially after I seen what you put that thing through :rolleyes: You don't drive your own like that do you??
Tough little farm implements and they are great for logging :d

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still undecided . but please when you reply just say which one you think is better , the reason for two is we will be going on some long trips and it is always better to have a second machine along, and when I want to play with boys I have a quad and do not have to take the 3 seater ,
so which one wins Artic Cat or Polaris
vote now :
up till now I going to call it even ..
just say Polaris or Artic Cat in the replyies.. THANKS

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still undecided . but please when you reply just say which one you think is better , the reason for two is we will be going on some long trips and it is always better to have a second machine along, and when I want to play with boys I have a quad and do not have to take the 3 seater ,
vote now :

OK......

Cat Quad
I don't know FA about sidexsides

hope that helps :D

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
vote now :

Wouldnt you want to know why one may be better than the other? If you get 100 replies to this thread telling you to drink the red kool-aid, are you gong to drink it :confused:

CAT.....cause I like the bonnyville dealer :d

Top Bottom