which sport quad for me?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Ya! When my Banshee go through whoops and it gets to rough, I do like all other riders do give it more gas and it all smooths out.lol.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just seen a video and i think Yamaha just kick the bucket on there 2012 YFZ 450??? if this keeps up there going to stop update the quads. just look at Honda not good!!!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope it's a lot cheaper than my limited build 2004 YFZ that I paid $ 11000 BACK IN jULY 2003. Glad to see it's back great starter quad for anyone asd long as it's cheap. Yamaha knows how to make great videos . I love sand.

SMEE

Reaction score
New here but thought I'd add to the thread. I have three KFX700's and love them. I ride with a group that has a total of 7 and for an all round bike they are great. Just came back from Glamis and rode China Wall, Oldsmobile and Compitition Hill with no hesitation. Not a biggie after Choke Cherry or Devil's Dune at St A's. The Oregon stuff is done with ease including the whoops going out Houser. Here at home they will go just about anywhere and are a blast to ride on the trails. Lots of power and more torque than you need, you can go as slow as you want all day or rat with the best. Easy to ride, fix, or modify. Lots for sale and not too expensive. For big guys they fit well and the smaller guys just go faster. Smee

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
yamaha is still making the r model, they just dropped the x because sales were stagnant and brought back the regular 450. albeit with cheap shocks and an iffy carb.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kfx 700 ...........wicked bike with a little work!!!!

Attachments

• bucket -v force - RZR 018.jpg
    bucket -v force - RZR 018.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 179

SpiceoftheWest

Reaction score
The new YFZ has an iffy carb?, really?? Experience says that Mikunis are much better than Keihin carbs, and a CV carb is way better than a flat side carb, you know that heavy thumb throttle that the magazines kept whining about? No longer a problem. The new YFZ is a major improvement, no titanium valves anymore, which is great for reliability, those heads will love not getting hammered to death anymore. To US buyers buying a new sport 450 atv, the YFZ is my suggestion just cause its a proven atv, and cheaper than ever, great value. For reliability and decent performance, the Raptor 700 is great, never heard any bad things about them, it has lazy engine so it will last longer than a 450. Personally I'd never buy one, see them all over the place. You could always go the 400ex route like myself, sounds small but test drive one, you'll be impressed.

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Raptor 700 all the way picked mine up last summer and LOVE IT, would not go any other route other than a newer one.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am addicted to my raptor. It rides alot smoother than I thought it would and the tourque is awesome. You can lug this thing anywhere. It's has great power from the bottom to the top end. I love the bottom end grunt though. If you buy a raptor, you won't be dissappointed.

hattybabes

Reaction score
I have a banshee and my brother in law has a raptor 700. They are more or less side by side depending on who get the hole shot.
I would not trade anything for the ease and simpleness of the two stroke. Plus they sound WAY better.
The raptor is good cause of the electric start and reverse. Old man comfort features IMHO
BANSHEE all the way :cool:

amcf18

Reaction score
oh, just seen my product info, Suzuki aint making the z400 no more either, same with the kids 50 and 90 cc quads.
Or the lil drz70 kids bike.
WTF?????
They offered the 400 in 2012, looks like it's hard to find for 2013 though.. Should still be some around...

Last edited:
Top Bottom