which sport quad for me?

looneyrod27

Reaction score
I know you don't want a polaris but..... The outlaw 450 and 525 both have KTM motors in them. So if the motor was concerning you then its all good with the KTM motor. They're awsome quads and you can get Indpendant rear suspension on them aswell. But theirs alot of Raptor 700's around, 450's spank the raptor though
I would love to lineup with the 450's that are spanking those raptors on my raptor lol. Where are they located I might have to travel there to race

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol if you take a raptor and any 450 and pot the same amount of money in to them. the raptor hands down will kill a 450! i got a 450 and everything is done to it and on the motor looneyrod kills me!!!! but when im on the NOS:)

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I am not dissing the raptor 700. But Yamaha has deffiantly spent alot more time with their 450. Way more race engineered. Both bone stock. YFZ 450 wins. What is the raptor 700 even needed for anymore? just wondering?

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way more race engineered lol because it's a 450 i can say the same about my kfx!!! lol it's belt for the track!!! that's all the 450 are made for..... go to your local dealer and ask them what they work on the most?? there more raptor out there then 450, you want to know why... there more reliable then the 450.... hey man i got a 450 and i had a raptor for 4 years all i had to do was the oil , air filter, spark plug thats it... the 450 is all the time needing something done to it. i tell all my friend that's buying a new quad to look at the raptor one more thing i asked the local dealer here and for every 1 raptor they see 9 450 come in lol thats saying something!!! and if your going to ask me why i don't have it anymore a friend rote it off. i take a stock raptor against 450 any day!!! off the track best quad out there.

tall-twin77

Reaction score
the yamaha raptor is defininatly a good choice. theyre easy to modify, they are fast, easy to take care of , and overall a good machine. good luck!

09FordFx4

Reaction score
If you haven't gotten one yet, get an 06 raptor 700, only difference between the 06 and 07+ is the front shocks, and 06's can e found way cheaper then newer ones so it's cheaper to buy 06 and upgrade the shocks. Just a heads up.

-Posted with my iPhone.

z400

Reaction score
forget everyone and have a look at a honda70xx if you want to put miles on in a hurry and dont want a sore back when your donethis is the machine . indipendant suspention is the way to go and the power is amazing the dealers are almost giving them away as they were not a real big seller but i have one and love it .

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda may make a good bike but it's way cheaper to fix a single axle sport quad . When that indepedent constant velosity shaft stars having problems it will = big $ repairs. Any Honda 400ex, 450r, Yamaha yfz or raptor, banshee, Suzuki 400 or 450 are just as smooth as the 700 honda and way more fun! , plus there's lots of hop up parts for all those quad where the 700 doesn't have much..

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont beleve all the haters on here i ride an old ds650 and when all the 450's &700's are tapped out, my so called tank still has one more gear.the only other qaud out there that keeps me honest is my riding partners qaudzilla 500 another big old tank LOL.and for reliability you cant beat the rapter or the ds just change oil and ride

Chiebert

Reaction score
I love my 09 yfz450r. Ive never had it on the track. But love all the power and suspension to play with. :)

09FordFx4

Reaction score
If I was to get a yfz450 it would def. Be the r, FI ftw.

-Posted with my iPhone.

z400

Reaction score
flying frenchman you must not have rode an independent susp quad cause the ride is night and daythe 700xx just floats over the rough stuff as compared to any other solid axle bike i know first hand as ive owned both as for the cv joints i havent heard of many problems ive beat the hell out of mine and havent had a stich of problems my ony complaint with it is the rear rim size and tire selection . honda still has them on the web site but hasnt produced them since 09 not to sure if they will produce them again as there are still lots of brand new ones avalible,from what they have said.

z400

Reaction score
if anyone wants to see the rear end of the elusive honda 700xx im avalible for a sneek peak but you better be on your toes cause i wont wait around for you

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anyone wants to see the rear end of the elusive honda 700xx im avalible for a sneek peak but you better be on your toes cause i wont wait around for you

That's OK i think i can keep up on my stock 450! now the flying frenchman on that shee, will that's hard work keeping up with him.... he don't stop!!! for a old timer!! lol he burns 3 tanks a day at brule, i'm happy when i burn 1... when we get back to camp i'm siting down trying to relax and frenchman is gas up ready to go!!! "so i tell him" have fun i'll see you latter....... lol

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sport quad was a big Sportsman 400 maybe a little smoother but a big tank, my solid axle honda forman may be a little rougher but I don't have to spend a fortune every time I want to ride it.. As for cv joints and cv boots I've changed my share. If I wanted a smoother quad then I should put 3 grand in suspension, more power and get a bigger seat. My banshee has the best seat in the industry. I've seen one 700x in my life and to me it reminds me of the Predetor IRS. Funny how people shy away from many moving parts in sport quad. Keep it simple and that's why you see way more solid axle sport quads.

Top Bottom