Which powersaw to buy

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best firewood well cept birch. was it an old dead one ? Kimberley had lots.

Yeah. I had driven by it a million times but it looked like a big pine for some reason. When I went to drop it I realized Holy **** this thing is a larch! Someone had ringed it. It looked super healthy but dead. Really surprised me when I found most of it was rotten. It's funny though......I left it and people still came and took it

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YOu find larch you take it. I have been out cruising the back country and found dead larch and went back 2 days latter for it and it was gone. If it was pine it still would of been there. The larch bark is a great fire starter. We always keep the bark.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my 550XP MII Husqvarna finally, we tried it, cut some big wet trees, the thing is a monster, cuts anything and doesn't miss a beat.

Wow 4hp out of a 50cc saw. If you have easy access to aspen fuel use it, don't let the carbs and cylinders gum up to much before adding it though or it will run like sh!t for a bit.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Got my 550XP MII Husqvarna finally, we tried it, cut some big wet trees, the thing is a monster, cuts anything and doesn't miss a beat.

To get the warranty extension you buy 2 bottles of Husqvarna fuel, a pack of oil, so got that. And I only use this fuel and aspen in all my small power equipment from since I ruined my last stihl saw with junk fuel.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To get the warranty extension you buy 2 bottles of Husqvarna fuel, a pack of oil, so got that. And I only use this fuel and aspen in all my small power equipment from since I ruined my last stihl saw with junk fuel.

Speaking of stihl saws?????

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ran an ms461 or 572xp? Curious to hear how they compare

No I haven’t ran either of these. I’m a Sthil guy and needed a bigger saw than my little ms261c which is a great little saw, but for dropping and bucking the larger trees, I needed something with a little more juice!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son picked up a McCulloch Power Mac 310. Is it a 20:1 ratio for mixing? Found some info on the internet and said the McColloch 40:1 two cycle custom lubricant is recomended. If not use a SAE40 two cycle oil at 20:1. are you guys leaning more to the 20:1 rate?

Last edited:
Top Bottom