Which is better to turbo a four stroke or a two stroke.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its personal preferance and how much you want to spend. Mrcoops should chime in on this topic.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I put the simmon ski's on and a light weight can, the handle bar riser from the 09, and i plan on putting the shift assist bearing for the secondary when i can get one. I want to keep it some what reliable i am tired of pulling wrenchs all the time. The thing is i always want more power, but more power and reliability don't always go together. Thats why i was thinking of a turbo at low boost. The only thing is that it costs alot so i want to be sure before i do it. That's the other thing that drive's me is spending good money on an up grade and then riding it and going " I think i notice a difference".

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I put the simmon ski's on and a light weight can, the handle bar riser from the 09, and i plan on putting the shift assist bearing for the secondary when i can get one. I want to keep it some what reliable i am tired of pulling wrenchs all the time. The thing is i always want more power, but more power and reliability don't always go together. Thats why i was thinking of a turbo at low boost. The only thing is that it costs alot so i want to be sure before i do it. That's the other thing that drive's me is spending good money on an up grade and then riding it and going " I think i notice a difference".

Yea i totally agree with you... i was going through the same thoughts when i was thinking about buying a turbo. I thought well boondocker makes a pump gas turbo set up... that might be an option and talking to boondocker and stuff its supposed to be 220 hp on pump gas.... there is no way in hell i believe that... i say its probably more like 180 on pump and with the race gas its 220. So i thought to myself well 180 is a decent amount of hp and then add the fact that the turbo acts as an altitude eliminator helps the cause... but then i was like... well the pump gas turbo is only 1000 cheaper than the Race gas turbo.... u know... gain 40 over stock with pg for 5 g or gain and extra 40 of pg turbo with the race gas setup for only an extra 1g... i thought long and hard... price of race fuel... headaches that might be had with the rg set up... in the end i voted for the rg set up and said F#*% it i'll take my chances and that way i know im going to feel a difference... i was just worried that with the pg set up that my buddies with the new xp's with juice will outhighmark me... when their juice costs 1300 and my turbo costs significantly more...

sry this is getting pretty long... almost done!

But we are also talking about my 800 compared to your 1000... those 1000's have a ton of potential in that motor... my dad's 1000 put a y pipe and can on it... went up agains my buddies stock 1000... mopped him up in a straight flat line race like i mean a sled and a half lead in 500 ft and i weigh about 35 lbs more than him rider to rider.... sooo saying that... i think the pg set up on those 1000's would wake it right up and you'd be suprised... your 1000 on pg turbo would probably push 200-210hp guessing... they claim those 1000's pushing high boost like 15-16 lbs will make 275-300.... if my 8 makes 180 on pg ur 1000 has to make 200... and ur thinking thats only 40 over stock yea but u lose 3% of ur residual hp per 1000 ft elevation on an naturally aspirated motor... with a turbo you don't lose even close to that... might lose just a hair when you go up in elevation... so ur 160 hp 1000 (at sealevel) all of a sudden becomes 140 hp at 6000 ft... and ur pg turbo is still at 200... give or take a couple.... if you can't feel 60 hp difference in the same sled.... there is something wrong!

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ScaBogart.gif ................................................ 11popcorn.gif

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've got great seats..
these-girls-never-end.jpg
finnished my popcorn and eating chips now.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
says ur from L.A. .... that stand for Lacomb Alberta or something like that?

Those are good seats... usually those are saved for VIP's... must have pulled some strings to get those!

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh Leduc got ya... well perhaps i will see you and your fancy painted hood out on the mountains sometime... this winter see how thay compare to each other in dead pulls.

GRD

Reaction score
ahhh Leduc got ya... well perhaps i will see you and your fancy painted hood out on the mountains sometime... this winter see how thay compare to each other in dead pulls.

4 VS 2 :d:):d:):d:):d:eek:

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

heh heh heh, ok
2ohoty1.gif

heh heh mid december, i love Valemount!

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work a 8 on 6 off so my weekends are limited. my first ride of the year with the turbo on will be December 20th weekend... my next weekend will be new years weekend... both weekends i will be in either vale or mcbride. In the new year i plan on heading up every set of days off i have. Im sure we can manage to run into each other at least one day.

Top Bottom