Which goggles are best?

KLX140

Reaction score
I love my Pro-Grips, its nice that the single lenses and dual lenses fit into the same goggle, plus the light sensitive lense works great in ALL conditions (almost like transition glasses). They dont fog up on me, and by switching the lenses, I can use them year round!!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the 509 Sinisters, goggles designed for snowmachiners. I've also got a pair of the Scott 89Xi and those work good also but they don't fit quite as well as the 509's. I have found that all goggles will fog up at some point during your ride and I use a No Fog mask and they stay clear all day. Get the polarized lens', you'll be glad you did.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a huge fan of Oakley's, specifically the crowbar,. Have A couple different pairs of them. They are hands down the best for optical clarity. I tried the 509's on at the sled show and thought that they felt cheap compared to my Oakley's.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the goggles are comfortable and don't impair your vision. I have used Scott and Smith goggles in the past and they worked well. The past few years I have been using Utopia Optics and this year I bought a couple pairs of the Oakley Mayhem MX goggles and a pair of the 509 Sinnister goggles. No complaints about any of the brands. So find something comfortable and control your breathing. You should have no problem with fogging. Oh and don't take them off and on lots. Try to keep your goggles on so they don't have temperature changes that is what causes most fogging. :twocents: Just what I have found from my experiences.

Good Luck

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought 509 helmet with siniste goggles. After a year I am wearing my scotts again. Even on the 509 helmet the 509 goggles they don't fit my face and I fog up easily.

Oh well.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Breath box is pretty important with goggles to avoid fogging or icing, make sure to remove your goggles when stopping for long periods of time or helping someone get unstuck, this is when you get the hottest and there is no air flow through the lenses.

I have used the same pair of Oakley A-Frames for 7 years now and they have taken me everywhere with minimal fogging or iceing, Oakley's all the way...

Plugin visors are such a joke... if you trail ride and don't get too serious about where your going there good, the cable gets in your way, you need to plug unplug your helmet every time u want to walk away from your sled and most importantly!!! once your visor is warm any snowfall or wind blown snow is now melting on your visor causing you to continually wipe it, if you ever stop and your machine is not running now the visor freezes and you SOL. Wait 15 mins with your sled warms the visor again before you can go anywhere and repeat for the rest of the day. Full face enclosed helmets are no good for the serious mountain rider, get a dirtbike helmet with a breath box and a good pair of googles and your set, the cooler you keep the lenses the better of you will be. If you happen to fog or ice put them in your jacket and warm them up, wipe out once melted with dry cloth and your on your way. If you have a 4 stroke put the goggles over the exhaust, nitro's and apex's are amazing for goggle defrosting :p

Have been using HJC HLX4 (i think) snowmobile helmet (dirtbike helmet with breath box) even longer than my Oakley's, with a head sock and proper fitting goggles you feel like your wearing a fully enclosed helmet anyways!!! but you get all the benefits of open face helmet and none of the drawbacks from enclosed !

My dad has tried 4 different enclosed helmets heated and not, he wants to get rid of them all for an open faced helmet with goggles and he's not even a serious rider. Leave the enclosed helmets for people in Ontario...

Take your helmet with you when buying goggles to check fit and make sure everything works together (goggles fit helmet, breath box not in the way or uncomfortable). VERY IMPORTANT!!!

topomountain

Reaction score
I have always had an issue with my goggles fogging up and I have found thet the 509's haven't fogged up on me once since purchasing them. Definatly a great investment.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a few of my spare 509 lens crack on me this season when swapping them out, anyone else have this problem? They can be a sob to change too.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using a set of Dragon Mace goggles (sphereicals) for a couple of years now and love the lense, hate the frame. Not really made for a helmet, I thought the hinged sides would be ok, but proved to be a weak point as they did break on me. (I even took my helmet with me for the dress rehearsal...!) I have quick straps on them, so maybe that's part of the problem?

Used Smith goggles for years, had a few sets, even the Turbo fan model. Loved them all, but as with all things you love and use they need replacement. Hey... wait a minute, I had a turbo 10 years ago!

Next set will definitely have a blower in them(habervision?), may even try their goggles. Also interested in a set of controllable lenses like the ones talked about earlier in the post, have to look into them!

m1000db

Reaction score
I added a fan that is made by scott to my Scott goggles, they have an on position and an auto that senses moisture only runs when it needs to. for $65 pretty slick.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Scott fans are a rebranded HaberVision Eliminator as are the 509 fans.

2 seasons on my Haber vision goggle and fans and still going strong! Lost a battery door though, do you know if I can buy these battery doors?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually don't wear goggles. We purchased Habervision from Jan at tracks 2 treads last sled show. Well, i now wear them and they are wicked. I never liked goggles because they would always fog up, not with the eliminator.....two thumbs up from us.
Thanks Jan!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
2 seasons on my Haber vision goggle and fans and still going strong! Lost a battery door though, do you know if I can buy these battery doors?

Hey Macronut

I can send you a new battery door cover no problem. I need you to look at the battery compartment and tell me if there is a little lip around the edge then I will know which cover to send you. Please PM me your address with that info and I will get it out to you asap!

Take care

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I usually don't wear goggles. We purchased Habervision from Jan at tracks 2 treads last sled show. Well, i now wear them and they are wicked. I never liked goggles because they would always fog up, not with the eliminator.....two thumbs up from us.
Thanks Jan!

Thanks Tab!!!

I was wondering how you guys were liking your goggles. I am glad to hear they are working out for you!!

Take care

Jan

PS Say Hi to the other Tab for me too please!!!

Top Bottom