Where to stay and eat in revy?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the Great White North? I had one of the best steaks there, and the waitresses were pretty easy on the eyes also.

Also in Eddy, there is a place I went for breakfast, it was a gas bar that had the best breakfasts.... can't remember the name of the place...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the Great White North? I had one of the best steaks there, and the waitresses were pretty easy on the eyes also.

Also in Eddy, there is a place I went for breakfast, it was a gas bar that had the best breakfasts.... can't remember the name of the place...

Big Eddy Market... They sell marked premium there too.(boat gas) So a good place to gas up also.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard guys had good luck and bad luck with the marked gas from big eddy.

I never have had a issue tho.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have never had an issue ether.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have burned hundreds of litres of Big Eddy marked premium without any issue. Vince runs a great little operation there, and we like to support him. :)

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Really!!!! staggering drunk? NA!!!! not you and not in Revy LMAO

Haha you weren't there to keep me in line that weekend. I met up with a buddy that does back-flips and cliff drops on skis... tried to get him into sledding... jagger might have been involved, can't remember. He's too broke to own a sled anyways

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have burned hundreds of litres of Big Eddy marked premium without any issue. Vince runs a great little operation there, and we like to support him. :)

Yes and back in the day before cookers ect...

The only thing good about my buddy's 800 dragon was a big eddy tin foiled sub , stuffed beside the po po pipe.

Make him work hard and follow me and 20 the cheese was mmmmmm

SledKitten

Reaction score
As for where to stay....for the trips we have an enclosed sled trailer and Revy is insanely busy, parking can be a primary deciding factor as to where we try and pick first. Days inn has decent parking for a trailer. Gateway has a little parking lot. Super 8 is good as long as the skiers in their tin cans don't park like inconsiderate pricks and make moving around the parking lot next to impossible. Sandman has a nice large parking lot. Never stayed at The Peaks. Stayed at Glacier House once....not a fan of their "2 week cancellation policy"....although i heard it's under new management now, so that may have changed.

sask

Reaction score
Which places in town have good parking for truck and 4 place enclosed trailers?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Revy, We stayed at the Days inn, Great service, fair pricing, and HUGE parking lot that is secure.

(as long as BAKUS RACING learns how to not be such a parking lot WHORE!!)

We ate at ZALA's, convenient, food was always unbelievable, man that place has good food. I had a small gripe about the drinks, had to wait 20 minutes for drinks twice, but I was told they were understaffed.
Which places in town have good parking for truck and 4 place enclosed trailers?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like days inn it is!
Now thats if you can get a room. Alot of peeps book every weekend now and cancel when they don't go because the plankers have over run the place. Should be alright during the week but good luck on a weekend.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
agreed i like staying there and Zalas is great but the last couple years seems you have to book a month in advace to get a room over a weekend once the season revs up.

InfinitePower

Reaction score
The best deal going to get grossly full on a budget is the Ol' Frontier at their Indian buffet on Friday nights and Mexican buffet on Sunday nights. The place has had a resurgence and these buffets are to die for! The Mexi surprised me a lot, super creative and so many things on the menu, including dessert! 15 bucks. Best deal around for the best buffet in town, bar none. If you crave something different, you won't be disappointed. We hit it up with friends and family at least monthly, and will continue!!! And as far as I'm concerned, every place that supports sledding and making sure sledders want to come back is a corporate sponsor in some way. The world class grooming would be nothing with no hotels feeding the sledders to our riding!

Last edited:

stusnow

Reaction score
So great white north is no longer... New owners I guess and it's been re named the himark lounge. Went there last wknd hoping for the best but the menu was bit of a disappointment. All the guys ordered exact same item cuz nothing else was too exciting. However I still left full and pretty drunk so can't really complain too much haha

stusnow

Reaction score
Also wanted to say best western hotel was awesome. Not sure if it was open last winter but defworth staying at now

dsenych

Reaction score
I was in Revy last weekend and stayed at Glacier House at the base of Frisby. The location is obviously excellent since once you unload your sleds your good for the weekend if you want to ride Boulder & Frisby. When I called and asked about the cabin the lady I talked to told me 4 adults would fit comfortably which is not the case.. 3 MAX. All the staff were very friendly and the manager had some great ideas for the future. The cabins have 2 queen beds, a futon, and a TV from 1993. Overall they are pretty nice.. My biggest complaint was that 3 out of the 4 days the water wasn't working properly in the resort. I'd probably stay there again.

Zalas- This place was excellent! Very friendly service, good steak, and they pick you up from Glacier House if you eat there

Big Eddy's Pub- Another great place. They pick you up, friendly service, good bevy's, good food

Regent Pub- Not so much on this place. The staff had an anti sledders attitude which I didn't like and they were complaining that people from Alberta were ruining their town. Could have just been the 2 people we were dealing with but I'd still rather spend my money else where.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Revy last weekend and stayed at Glacier House at the base of Frisby. The location is obviously excellent since once you unload your sleds your good for the weekend if you want to ride Boulder & Frisby. When I called and asked about the cabin the lady I talked to told me 4 adults would fit comfortably which is not the case.. 3 MAX. All the staff were very friendly and the manager had some great ideas for the future. The cabins have 2 queen beds, a futon, and a TV from 1993. Overall they are pretty nice.. My biggest complaint was that 3 out of the 4 days the water wasn't working properly in the resort. I'd probably stay there again.

Zalas- This place was excellent! Very friendly service, good steak, and they pick you up from Glacier House if you eat there

Big Eddy's Pub- Another great place. They pick you up, friendly service, good bevy's, good food

Regent Pub- Not so much on this place. The staff had an anti sledders attitude which I didn't like and they were complaining that people from Alberta were ruining their town. Could have just been the 2 people we were dealing with but I'd still rather spend my money else where.
I believe I read on this forum somewhere the other day that Glacier House had some water issues and had to haul water in from Vernon? I believe it is all fixed up now.

Top Bottom