Where to stay and eat in revy?

jumpingjack

Reaction score
:beer: Every year at this time we plan our weekends out in Revy. Given that you need to pre-book your rooms once the ski hill opens planning ahead avoids disappointment. The first thing I look for is a list of who the corporate sponsers are. This list is available on the the club's web site and is in the news letter that just came out last week.

When looking this year I was shocked to see that Super 8, Peaks Lodge and the Glacier House were not listed as corporate sponsors. I've stayed at all of these places before but won't this year.
I hear that the Glacier House has new ownership and so does the Monashee. Also noticed the Emos Resturant downtown is offering a 10% discount to all Club members this year. :beer:

I for one will be supporting the business that support the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club. The Club needs your support and corporate sponsors to keep areas open and groomed at a world class level.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at the days Inn. Free breakfast short walk to zala's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep days is good.

Also Smokey bear campground is awsome too.

Forgot my helmet and the owner lent me his. That says a lot.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Yep days is good.

Also Smokey bear campground is awsome too.

Forgot my helmet and the owner lent me his. That says a lot.

LOL! HA HA HA!
I imagine his big helmet would fit your head...........Same size also!!!!!!!
Hope you don't forget your gear Tex. Might be a problem........

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always stayed at the Day's Inn, decent rooms for the buck.

Zalas is grossly over priced!!! Take a drive into down town, there is some really good grub. For a phuck of a lot cheaper, imho.

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Smokey Bear Campground is a great place to stay for sure. :beer:

Also heard lots of good things about Base Camp which is right beside Peaks Lodge. Great place to stay with a larger group. Another good affordable place is the Gateway Inn across the street from Zalas on the corner. They have large rooms but need to book eairly as the skier like to stay they. All of these places mentioned are corporate sponsors too which is good to see.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Also heard lots of good things about Base Camp which is right beside Peaks Lodge. Great place to stay with a larger group. Another good affordable place is the Gateway Inn across the street from Zalas on the corner. They have large rooms but need to book eairly as the skier like to stay they. All of these places mentioned are corporate sponsors too which is good to see.
The Gateway is well................an experience. The rooms are old, the hot tub was full of skiers smoking dope, the people that run it lost our reservation until I screamed bloody murder and if you are a light sleeper then you won't mind the loggers firing up there trucks at 3 am. Ya I highly recommend it....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Gateway is well................an experience. The rooms are old, the hot tub was full of skiers smoking dope, the people that run it lost our reservation until I screamed bloody murder and if you are a light sleeper then you won't mind the loggers firing up there trucks at 3 am. Ya I highly recommend it....

Yes Jack I agree with snopro.

The gateway sucks since the east people took it over.

Not Like when we used it a lot.

Will never stay there again.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL! HA HA HA!
I imagine his big helmet would fit your head...........Same size also!!!!!!!
Hope you don't forget your gear Tex. Might be a problem........

Well he's close to my size.

But if I recall it says Yamaha on his suit

I m not wearing a yamasqua suit.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stay at the powder springs. Right down down. Across from the pig station for security. I wouldn't go in the hotubs on a bet but it's walking distance to all the dining and watering holes.

dogbreath

Reaction score
:beer: Every year at this time we plan our weekends out in Revy. Given that you need to pre-book your rooms once the ski hill opens planning ahead avoids disappointment. The first thing I look for is a list of who the corporate sponsers are. This list is available on the the club's web site and is in the news letter that just came out last week.

When looking this year I was shocked to see that Super 8, Peaks Lodge and the Glacier House were not listed as corporate sponsors. I've stayed at all of these places before but won't this year.
I hear that the Glacier House has new ownership and so does the Monashee. Also noticed the Emos Resturant downtown is offering a 10% discount to all Club members this year. :beer:

I for one will be supporting the business that support the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club. The Club needs your support and corporate sponsors to keep areas open and groomed at a world class level.

seeing as u are bashing these places it's good that u ain't staying there cause they don't want your business..why don't u b a corporate sponsor? the club does fine with the support it gets.have u seen the groomers and the new shacks??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jacks from innisfail Alberta there doggy.

He is helping out and think Ur going after the wrong guy.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's just stating that he is not planning to stay at places that don't sponsor the snowmobile club...
I hardly think that's a bash.

Some of these places are selling out to the ski hills, and that's fine, let the granolas support them then.

seeing as u are bashing these places it's good that u ain't staying there cause they don't want your business..why don't u b a corporate sponsor? the club does fine with the support it gets.have u seen the groomers and the new shacks??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's just stating that he is not planning to stay at places that don't sponsor the snowmobile club...
I hardly think that's a bash.

Some of these places are selling out to the ski hills, and that's fine, let the granolas support them then.

X2 on the granola , fur patch eating crunchers.

They can have the places that sell out to the pot heads.

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Atta boy jack, as usual you are right on point,dont like competing with 14 year old skiers so got a culvert under the bridge for the winter (its rustic and the heater doesnt work that well but with a few twisted teas is not bad) And as for that dude from the bear any one that would lend you his helmet whether it fit or not would be out of control in my books I like it

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
It would be great to see a page dedicated to all the supporters this season on the club`s website so guests could choose who they would like to support.

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey puff you kilt it why didnt you start a new post about all the club sponsors so i we would no not to bash. Is the resturant at the peaks still open this season.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body try VRBO?? There seems to be a few in Revy and would be cheaper if you had a group. I'd like to hear reviews of places if there has been any tried out

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always stay at peaks, and its based on the best freaking food a guy could ask for. Price is reasonable and rooms are clean, and the bar makes sure you party all night and suck all day.

I would love to switch it up but the one time we did glacier house blew goats.... and i don't like taking chances on missing a good meal so i stay close to peaks.

Top Bottom