Where to put shovel and probe

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the loops are on the side, doesn't the shovel handle and Probes get in the way of the airbags when they are inflated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I haven't looked at the thing too hard since last year when we were out last so my memory isn't the sharpest. I will take a pic of her setup when I get home. And the probe may be in the storage compartment, I honestly can't remember for sure.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is the bag that QuintonG is talking about his GF having I believe, as I now have the same bag (bf upgraded to avy vest, i sold my snowpulse for the abs)

If this is the same bag that you have.. you see a slot on the left for probes, slot on the right for shovel handle, and a slot w/ clip on the backpack to hold your shovel....

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 143

mitty26

Reaction score
he must be talking about the all black freeride that doesnt have any nets or hooks on the outside, i checked that freeride out at martin's last year and we had the shovel and probe stuffed into the bag. It was a tight fit , the shovel had to be taking apart but it did fit.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is the bag that QuintonG is talking about his GF having I believe, as I now have the same bag (bf upgraded to avy vest, i sold my snowpulse for the abs)

If this is the same bag that you have.. you see a slot on the left for probes, slot on the right for shovel handle, and a slot w/ clip on the backpack to hold your shovel....

Nope mine different. But thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you Heather. That's exactly the one im talking about.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NP Quintin. I love this bag so much, i went looking for it at the show this year and was informed it was discontinued. I was soo upset. But thankfully my man liked the avy vest and we both got something new / what we wanted :D

Sorry that its not the same bag boots. post a picture when u get a chance

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 30L and have no idea how you guys get away with the small bags. Mine's not stuffed but it's filled with what I think is essential. Sure it's heavy, but if I have to spend a night on the mountains I won't be the one freezing my balls or hungry.

After all, how much more does a larger bag weigh? Especially considering the benefits of having flexibility on your packing?

I carry all my first aid, food, water, avalanche gear, rope, warm layers, etc in my back pack. Tools and day food on my sled strapped to the tunnel with a "stuck shovel" which is quick and easy to get out. That way my gear stays packed, dry, and ready for use.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you had a smaller bag, you would find a way to carry your essentials in a smaller bag. The bigger the bag, the more you put in it. I rode with a 35L last year, and this year I plan on getting down to a Highmark 22L, and getting a Mountain Addiction tunnel bag to carry other stuff. It'll still be the same overall weight on the sled, but I will feel lighter and that will lead to me being less tired at the end of the day.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup putting a tunnel bag on my sled this year just to get the monkey off my back.

Sent from my iPhone

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with all these ass wipes telling me to keep it on me when I am asking what others are doing to keep it on there person. If you want to tell me to keep it on my person just stop and go to another thread a talk like you know something there.

Sent from my iPhone

You beat me to it. Cant ask an honest question these days.

I have a SnowPulse Lifeline bag and am also trying to figure out a way to have it on the outside of my bag It doesn't have a little pouch like the highmark.... if i can't figure it out I will just strap it to my track.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352158399.703452.jpg
Here my pack

I bet if you strapped to your track that's like 50 hp extra.

Sent from my iPhone

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF does that pack seriously not have any place for a shovel and probe. That is bizzare. Does it have 2 compartments maybe?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it didnt look like my shovel would fit in that bag ... i will have too try

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you had a smaller bag, you would find a way to carry your essentials in a smaller bag. The bigger the bag, the more you put in it. I rode with a 35L last year, and this year I plan on getting down to a Highmark 22L, and getting a Mountain Addiction tunnel bag to carry other stuff. It'll still be the same overall weight on the sled, but I will feel lighter and that will lead to me being less tired at the end of the day.

Trust me, I'm not a hoarder but firmly believe in bringing essentials and using tech material and supplies to make my pack lighter and smaller.

I still think 22L is about as small as you can go. I have a 30L Vario and it's about 3/4 full (about 22L). It's not light but the bags are so well built that I seriously can ride all day with it on and it doesn't bother me much. I get off the sled and strap the board on and have no issues either.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a mesh bag and works not to bad.

Sent from my iPhone

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Most of the mesh bags are for a ski/boarder helmet.

Lots of packs out there but let's get this back on topic!

The dude wants suggestions and opinions for his………​second shovel!

Top Bottom