Where to put shovel and probe

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So picked up a abs freeride. Now where to put my shovel and probe. Any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope no real spot ..... probe can fit in the pack but not the shovel handle...

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine fit. Have to take the 2 parts of the handle apart though ( SOS shovel )

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this version not have a spot for the essential gear ? Your probe and shovel MUST be on your person.

Ride safe
X2-there must be some straps to attach the shovel handle to. The probe should be in the shovel tube.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey boots...find some velcro straps, its what i did with my pack. holds my shovel on the outside of my pack.

good luck!

whatever you do....keep it on you!

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend has a size small freeride pack and her shovel and probe are strapped to the outside of the pack. There should be a couple loops on the side of the pack for the handle and probe.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend has a size small freeride pack and her shovel and probe are strapped to the outside of the pack. There should be a couple loops on the side of the pack for the handle and probe.

Thanks a pic might help.

Sent from my iPhone

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
As said before, you MUST KEEP YOUR SHOVEL, PROBE, & BEACON ON YOU!!!!! make it happen or quit ridding in the mountains
water & food is also a very good idea along with all essential survival tools
just my .02 cents
I ride with 2 packs, one on me (the essentials), & the other a tunnel bag. The second pack is easy to take off & leave in safe place with riders in a safe place spotting (easy come easy go, only seconds to take off & put back on), no matter what I always have the essentials on me, plus it greatly reduces weight on my back as I keep some tools in tunnel bag along with other useful doodads
I will never go back to only one pack, feel a million times better now with 2 so I can divide my essentials as required & very useful & keep weight reduced on my back

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that weird that there is no place for them! You would think wether it's used for skiing or sledding it would have a spot for them. Shovel and probe are the the two most important avy tools.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that weird that there is no place for them! You would think wether it's used for skiing or sledding it would have a spot for them. Shovel and probe are the the two most important avy tools.

i'm with neil. i hope abs isnt that stupid. an avy pac with no straps for probes and shovel handles? shouldn't have to modify or add straps to a $1000 backpack, thats nuts

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are a great airbag but not set up well for sleding. I would love to combine my Klim backpack with my abs bag.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with all these ass wipes telling me to keep it on me when I am asking what others are doing to keep it on there person. If you want to tell me to keep it on my person just stop and go to another thread a talk like you know something there.

Sent from my iPhone

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am going have too get some one to sew up something that I can clip to the bag. I have some ideas but I will have see on materials that would be good.

Sent from my iPhone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines a freeride, and it came
With a net like bag that snaps onto the back of the pack in 4 places... Fits my shovel and shovel handle, then my probe goes inside. Maybe post a picture of your pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If the loops are on the side, doesn't the shovel handle and Probes get in the way of the airbags when they are inflated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom