Where to purchase skidoo in States?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. This thread created quite the pissing contest. I understand both sides for sure. I don't know how the economy in Canada is but I know things down here are tough. If I could save $5800 by driving to Canada to buy my sled, then I would be making a yearly trip to Canada even though I would prefer to help support the fella's around here.

if i could save 5800$ i would do it too. but for some reason by the time its said and done i dont think your coming out 5800$ ahead.

and i dont care how rich you are 6 grand is 6 grand.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all depends on how you look at it, i see a 3-4 day holiday riding in new areas, but that is not the point, why would you wish someone harm and nothing but bad things for a usa purchase. i support my local dealer, and buy almost all my stuff there. i pay cdn price, which is usually 50% more. i purchased 08 xp $6500 , canada $11500 xp mtn machine us $9200 canada was close to $14500. brother in law bought 3 xp's 4 total. so in my mind good deal don/t you think. you want in next year?
the point is why would you wish a guy harm for looking in usa.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right, i should wish them good luck witht heir new purchase bso they dont have to take up space in the que line for service. good call

also

if your making it a holiday then that is cool. forsure. deffinetly can justify the travel expenses that way

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see it already has benefits, maybe you should be singing the praises of usa purchases, oh if your sled has mods in anyway, you may be in the line also. still no reason to wish anyone harm in my opinion. i wish you none.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like i said earlier my dealer relations are priceless. i dont even barter the price from msrp and i get excellent treatment in return. even if i could save 5 grand i most likely wouldnt.

but thats just me. im sure for most thats not the situation

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i understand, but the world is changing, i see brp doesn't list parts prices in usa to canadians now. your dealer is your lifeline to parts, when he is gone good luck. still $4000 + is hard to swallow. looking at a new truck $13500 diff in usa and cdn, not much of a decision. :beer:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
pretty funny to read all this

coming from europe where buying stuff in different countries is pretty comon over the last few years

the prices did change over time in europe cause the manufactures could do anything against it and realized why people went to (spain , italy, portugal) to buy there instead of paying 6000euros more in germany

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes and every boarder city between usa and canada have the same findings.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the thing is, unless your buying a new sled from the dealer every 1-2 years, they dont give a fawk. i bought a new quad at a local dealer for the same reason, thinking if i needed service etc it might be better. NOPE. a couple weeks after i got my quad it needed something and did it get into the shop before anybody else's?? nope! it went to the back of line with everybody elses. half the time they dont even remember you. so they type your name in the computer, and oh you've been a customer for 15 yrs and bought 5 sleds. sure we can give you 10% off.

I'm still young and have only bought a coulple things so far, so i really cant say much. just that if your a first time buyer, there is NO special treatment. and building up a reputation at the dealership by buying a new sled every few years--- you could be saving piles in the states.
take it or leave it ;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no bitch with the dealer at all. he needs to make a profit to stay in business. my problem is BRP. and there 30% plus markup over and above USA price, to canadians. the other manufacturers to.

i have purchased 9 sleds from dealer, 6 quads, generators, etc, probably $15000+ in repair parts and services. i know them well, they tried the can't fix usa bought sled, until i had a short talk with the owner, they where all smiles after, one clown looked a little worried.

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
your just upset because he took your name and dropped the L's....i would be mad too if a pio7 showed up on here........let em have it

like i said earlier my dealer relations are priceless. i dont even barter the price from msrp and i get excellent treatment in return. even if i could save 5 grand i most likely wouldnt.

but thats just me. im sure for most thats not the situation

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy anything pretty much cheaper in the states right now cheaper than here jeans,tv's,cars,motorcycles,snowmobiles,boats.....the list could go on and on.Hell we could all leave every weekend and head down with our shopping list on the weekends and bring it all back.
We would save all this money.then maybe one day when we want to go sledding and need some oil? or a belt and it is on a friday evening we head over to our local dealer to pick it up to get our weekend of sledding rolling we find a boarded up dealership....your wife wants a new pair of jeans and that store is closed.....Now you have to stay home for the weekend because you couldn't get your parts with a bitchy wife :)
Even though saving a few bucks seems great at the time it does make an impact.
BUT it is your money spend it as you like...

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have some non current 2010 Summit 146 x e/s in black for 10 598+gst, 1 year warrenty, I have 1 that is not e/s for $ 500 less.......Canadian dealer........

robhayward

Reaction score
I have some non current 2010 Summit 146 x e/s in black for 10 598+gst, 1 year warrenty, I have 1 that is not e/s for $ 500 less.......Canadian dealer........

That price would be fine end of last year. Couple of my friends bought 2010 46 everests (in feb 2010) and they were advertised several places for $9900 CAN.

Skidoo is going the way of large superstore dealerships and unless you do what Maxwell has built with his dealer (20 grand in parts) you're going to get stranger service. Which is fine but that means the customer has no ties to any specific dealer or region. Ski-doo has parts available to puchase online - what are they promoting there?

Think of Costco, there all over the place and do you think they give a ch!t which "dealer" you buy from? They may have small price differences but are generally averaged down to a common price. BRP will adjust prices over time...

Also this is right off the BRP webistes - Skidoo, Can-am US and Canada .(granted its the extended warranty, not factory)

BEST COVERAGE - BEST PARTS - BEST VALUE

Extending your warranty: The best coverage for the best vehicles!
B.E.S.T. offers 12-, 24- or 36-month coverage beyond the manufacturer’s warranty on most BRP vehicles, kicking in the second your vehicle’s limited warranty expires.

Nationwide service: Coverage that travels with you!
The great outdoors is even greater when you’re riding worry-free! You’re always covered, whether you’re on the trail or on the water, B.E.S.T. repairs can be done through any authorized BRP dealer in North America.
Only genuine BRP parts and service: Trust the team that built your vehicle!
The B.E.S.T. protection plan guarantees service from BRP-certified technicians using only genuine BRP parts, so your vehicle runs as well as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Fully transferable, at no cost: The ultimate accessory!
B.E.S.T. transfers ownership whenever your vehicle changes hands, at no cost to either the buyer or seller.

Unlimited mileage protection: Hit the road without watching the clock!
The B.E.S.T. protection plan doesn’t saddle participants with mileage, usage or time restrictions. Our goal is to make sure you can depend on your vehicle and get maximum enjoyment out of it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy anything pretty much cheaper in the states right now cheaper than here jeans,tv's,cars,motorcycles,snowmobiles,boats.....the list could go on and on.Hell we could all leave every weekend and head down with our shopping list on the weekends and bring it all back.
We would save all this money.then maybe one day when we want to go sledding and need some oil? or a belt and it is on a friday evening we head over to our local dealer to pick it up to get our weekend of sledding rolling we find a boarded up dealership....your wife wants a new pair of jeans and that store is closed.....Now you have to stay home for the weekend because you couldn't get your parts with a bitchy wife :)
Even though saving a few bucks seems great at the time it does make an impact.
BUT it is your money spend it as you like...
you are right, still i don't say it is any fault of the dealer at all. BRP is at fault period. brp sells the parts and sleds to the dealer, usa gets them for 30% +/- less than canadian dealer, that is the problem.
i am for local dealer support. if i need a sled or parts right now i go to the dealer. if i can wait i look around. yes some pricing has come down. i like my dealer and get treated fairly. :beer::beer::beer:

robhayward

Reaction score
Ok I needed to find this out for me and the original poster. I called BRP and they confirmed that your warranty is only applicable in the country that you bought it. Unless you fill out a dealer form for cross boarder entitlement. And for that you need proof of residency. (utility bill)
From that point the warranty follows the vehicle and to a new owner if the unit was sold.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Nationwide service: Coverage that travels with you!
The great outdoors is even greater when you’re riding worry-free! You’re always covered, whether you’re on the trail or on the water, B.E.S.T. repairs can be done through any authorized BRP dealer in North America.
Only genuine BRP parts and service: Trust the team that built your vehicle!
The B.E.S.T. protection plan guarantees service from BRP-certified technicians using only genuine BRP parts, so your vehicle runs as well as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Fully transferable, at no cost: The ultimate accessory!
B.E.S.T. transfers ownership whenever your vehicle changes hands, at no cost to either the buyer or seller.

Unlimited mileage protection: Hit the road without watching the clock!
The B.E.S.T. protection plan doesn’t saddle participants with mileage, usage or time restrictions. Our goal is to make sure you can depend on your vehicle and get maximum enjoyment out of it.[/I]

The warranty issue happens once there is a change in the country of origin....

Example:
Buy a sled in the US and come to Canada, riding in Revy and it blows up, yes a dealer here will work on it and honor warranty. Same for us if riding in the States. Simple concept.

Now when you buy it in the US and IMPORT it into Canada, warranty in the US AND CANADA are both VOID. You cannot even take it back to the US for warranty. Dodge trucks are exactly the same...

Top Bottom