Where to purchase skidoo in States?

Maxwe

Reaction score
Live in Alberta and looking to purchase a new Skidoo in the states. I persumed a dealer in Montana as that is the closest. What dealership and what tips do you guys have, that have been through this before.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Live in Alberta and looking to purchase a new Skidoo in the states. I persumed a dealer in Montana as that is the closest. What dealership and what tips do you guys have, that have been through this before.

Keep your money in Canada man.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get off your wallet holy smokes.

i wish you nothing but trouble on your new skidoo purchased in the US

ps. no warranty
ps. back of the line for service

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ps. no warranty

If I can save $5000 on a sled they can keep their waranty i'm going south!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can save $5000 on a sled they can keep their waranty i'm going south!

No ch!t.

The way to stop getting hosed on pricing is to vote with your wallet. You will need an american address to purchase a new sled. Put the machine into someone's name down south, run it for a few miles, they 'sell' it to you, and you're in the clear.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ch!t.

The way to stop getting hosed on pricing is to vote with your wallet. You will need an american address to purchase a new sled. Put the machine into someone's name down south, run it for a few miles, they 'sell' it to you, and you're in the clear.

They will tell you over the phone they can't sell to canadians i have had buddies drive there and purchase new sleds and quads story changes once you are there in person.

finndoo

Reaction score
I am not sure what the prices are in the US but there are some great deals to be had in Canada for one year leftovers and even some current year sleds. Check out Banner Recreation for instance.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get really good deals down here right now. There are dealerships in Oregon and Idaho selling new Summits for $7,800.00 out the door!

That's awsome. I could buy 2 for the price of one and ride them around like water skis! And if one breaks down, I'll name the other one warrenty.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ps. no warranty

thats not very nice, it is up to him where he spends his money, not so very god like comment i'm thinking. :nono:

robhayward

Reaction score

ps. no warranty

BRP is a company that honors their warranty internationally.
Back of the line for service is no different than buying from a different canuck dealer. I moved for work and needed to establish a relationship with local dealers. Call it normal service rather than preferential....

I called today to Great Falls Montana for a Commander, they're not the closest (to Calgary) but within 10-20km of the other choices. http://www.taylorbrosinc.com/

goodleo

Reaction score
Go south!! The savings are too great!! I bought 2 sleds on a trailer 2 years ago with 10 miles on each. Saved a bunch and would do it again in a second!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
brp is a company that honors their warranty internationally.back of the line for service is no different than buying from a different canuck dealer. I moved for work and needed to establish a relationship with local dealers. Call it normal service rather than preferential....

I called today to great falls montana for a commander, they're not the closest (to calgary) but within 10-20km of the other choices. Taylor Brothers Inc: Bobcat, Can-Am, Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Boring Machine, Excavator, Forklift, Loader, Tractor, Utility Vehicle, Pump & Attachment, ATV, motocycle, watercraft, boats, snowmobile Sales in Great Falls, Montana, 200 57th Street North.

you couldnt be more wrong. get your local dealer which you obviuosly have sweet connections with to punch in your serial #.

it will be flagged and then you wont be able to get it warrantied anywhere in canada.

i should try and dig up that thread from last year about this. didnt turn out well for the fellow who tried to do it OVER THE PHONE. ended up getting his sled voided.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hold on let me put my caring face on:rolleyes:

so you have no problem wishing a guy harm. not sure how this is going to harm you. i purchased 2 sleds in the states 2 years ago. must be on your hate list also. i feel i'll spend my dollar anyway i like. and will do it again, as you can purchase where you like, do you only purchase sled parts made in canada. i'm sure you don't.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you have no problem wishing a guy harm. not sure how this is going to harm you. i purchased 2 sleds in the states 2 years ago. must be on your hate list also. i feel i'll spend my dollar anyway i like. and will do it again, as you can purchase where you like, do you only purchase sled parts made in canada. i'm sure you don't.

all the power to you. i dont really care where you spend your $

i only buy my OEM parts from canada of course. except aftermarket obviously in which case someone has already purchased the oem in the first place so not really harming anyone

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the power to you. i dont really care where you spend your $

i only buy my OEM parts from canada of course. except aftermarket obviously in which case someone has already purchased the oem in the first place so not really harming anyone

hmm, you could be buying suspensions from racers edge in calgary, instead you have purchased mtn tamer suspension from the states, what is the difference. you are sending your money to usa. if i or anyone purchases sled from states who are we hurting, brp is getting well paid. who are we harming. you on the other hand wish everyone nothing but trouble.
as for warranty $5800 buys a lot of warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm, you could be buying suspensions from racers edge in calgary, instead you have purchased mtn tamer suspension from the states, what is the difference. you are sending your money to usa. if i or anyone purchases sled from states who are we hurting, brp is getting well paid. who are we harming. you on the other hand wish everyone nothing but trouble.
as for warranty $5800 buys a lot of warranty.

LOL

i choose timbersled because i like the way it works. im not going to support something i dont beleive works to my likings. brp happens to be something i like and beleive in. i dont beleive in cat. so go fawking hard and buy as many cats as you like in the us? i dont know.

anyways

SHOW ME a 5800$ savings on a 2011 summit sp 154. i know the price i can get it for in edmonton alberta.

please include the following

travel expenses ( meals hotel rooms etc fuel )

days off work ( maybe for some )

whats your time worth? paperwork phone calls faxes emails to dealer. drive time

vehicle wear and tear ( factor the KM you drove vs the purchase price of your vehicle and the expected miles you will get from it and add price )

subtract warranty - lets say engine goes down 3 rides in. 3500$
even if it doesnt no big deal alot of us wont use warranty.

now subtract the lost riding days because your is sled is sitting at a canadian dealer out in the back covered in snow because no one cares to look at it any time soon. ( this is a fictional $ and will most likely be tears and not $ )

dealer relations? PRICELESS to me when i need something.

in all honesty maybe your correct and you can still come out ahead with no warranty, a blown motor and replaced cash , wasted time and effort.

i dont know. im just saying..if you do all the power to you. if you come out 1000$ ahead at the end of the day is it worth it? 2000? worth it?

SOMEONE SHOW ME THE FACTS. and i mean paperwork paperwork. i have a quote sitting in front of me for a brand new 2011 summit 154. sooo prove how much you can save!!

and dont get me wrong im not goint to hate on you for buying in the US. i jsut think some of you are a little high on your prices because i know your not getting a 2011 summit for 6 grand. and if you can i will HAPPILY eat my words

Last edited:

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
Wow. This thread created quite the pissing contest. I understand both sides for sure. I don't know how the economy in Canada is but I know things down here are tough. If I could save $5800 by driving to Canada to buy my sled, then I would be making a yearly trip to Canada even though I would prefer to help support the fella's around here.

Top Bottom