Where to go in Nordegg?

Erebus

Reaction score
So I didn't think I would get any riding in as we are here for a wedding but I brought my machine just in case. Well neither my wife nor my friends's are feeling to well so we are looking to get some riding done in the morning. Any thoughts on where to go? We do have the trailnet and local maps, might only get one ride in so we want to make it worth while. Any help would be most appreciated.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
If you are in town then go north across the highway past the Shunda Campground , past the hostel and somewhere before you get to the gate(I think there is one) where the fire lookout road starts there are trails to the right. There is enough there to keep you buys for a few days.

Erebus

Reaction score
Thank you! I think baldy will be our choice. Sounds like the most bang for a one day ride.

Thanks again

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a pretty cool train trestle in the back of Nordegg too. Go for a boot down there ...some pretty neat things to see. Like where the train use to go thru a small mountain...it's a shale-type rock up both sides !!! Not a tunnel but just rock up both sides. Just my 2 cents !!

joeweasel

Reaction score
Heading East from Nordegg do you need to cross the 2 wooden train tressles or is there an alternate route?
Where is the best place to stage from in Nordegg?
Thanks

Erebus

Reaction score
That train trestle ride sounds awesome. I'm looking at some maps and I see a ride heading south then west out of the beaver dam campground which heads towards nordegg. It's called the old rail loop and I think that may be what you are talking about. Will check that out today as well.

Going to mark all my trails (as usual) so if anybody wants GPS I will post what I have at the end of my ride today.

Thanks everybody

Top Bottom