where to get a boss seat?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a boss seat for my freeride and I'm wondering where the best prices are at. Also is the seat any different from the xp and freeride? I wouldn't think so but figure I should ask.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont waste your money. It wont be any better then what you have now. It is a huge improvement on alot of sleds but not ours. I had bought mine out of the US from First Place Parts. Save about 75 bucks from what I could buy here. Got an email from them yesterday or the day before saying they have them in stock now.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one for my XP and to be frank I wouldn't waist my money on one again! The little bit of storage that you get is not worth the 500+ that you spend. And my first one frayed like crazy and all the zippers broke within the first half of the season. Got a new one on warranty and now the pockets are ripping out. I think a Skinz or WRP seat is cheaper and just as nice.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add more storage really. The stock seat seems very high quality so I would be disappointed if it wasn't as good. I'll have to go look at one in person and see what I think.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm looking to add more storage really. The stock seat seems very high quality so I would be disappointed if it wasn't as good. I'll have to go look at one in person and see what I think.

Take it to an upholstery shop and they can open up the storage for a fraction of the cost.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it to an upholstery shop and they can open up the storage for a fraction of the cost.

Where would they be able to get more storage? The current storage has a nice plastic casing inside and I'm not sure how'd they be able to expand that. Have any pics of one that's been modified in this fashion?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy a bag like I did. Just make sure it is closed before you ride......

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought one and used it 2 trips and the zipper broke, got a new seat cover in summer on warranty and the zippers are all frayed and the side of seat is also fraying. Comfortable seat but i would not buy another.Overpriced for the quality( the used to be way better as the one i had on my ZX was awesome. Use the money for hookers and booze!!!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd never by another one.
Plastic used for base is too light, so the staples don't stay in. Expect the cover to start coming off the base after a few rides.
Seals on the zippers are junk - expect them to start falling apart after about 3 rides.
Fabric frays easily, so you'll have to use a torch to get rid of the frays.
If you have a serious problem (like the stitching falling apart which happened to mine before I even had it on the sled), You're still responsible for paying for shipping if you buy direct or need to send it back to Boss.
If you damage the seat (like mine was after it caught a ghost sled), don't expect any help. They'll want you to deal with your local upholstery shop instead.

On a positive note, I now have a great upholstery guy in my Area. He'd be more than happy to modify stock cover to add a big pocket similar to the Boss seats.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put one on the rev. lasted about 5 rides before it was freying, zippers craping out, and the seals destroyed. they USED to be an awesome seat back when they were much simpler. i had one on my zx and it saved about 10lbs and lasted forever.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give mountain magic a call they use a guy in the city that can alter your seat how ever you want 7804749400.
Eric

800dragon_rmk

Reaction score
Bought one last year for my pro rmk. I will never spend 1 cent of my money on a boss seat ever again. biggest piece of junk, zippers broke off, frayed, ripped. boss didnt seem to care, just that they outsourced there stitching to china and it never worked out but now they do everything in house.... save your money

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for all the replies guys. I guess I won't bother with one. I'll see how my new mountain addiction tunnel bag accommodates my storage needs and if I feel I'd like more I'll go down to mountain magic and see what options there guy can offer me.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the same issues with mine. Bought last spring through BOSS's on-line blowout sale, and the
main zipper blew apart halfway through the season, and have tried every stitch shop or Tarp shop in town and nobody will/can repair it. Like previoulsy stated, the zippers are cheap and to small to operate with snow/ice build up. Time to put the stocker back on I guess or maybe i'll just cut the back end off it and run 'er.

IMG_2281.jpg IMG_2280.jpg IMG_2279.jpg

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The seat was comfortable but the 10 different pockets and zippers were a joke. The warrantied cover was not much better. I don't know why they didn't just make one big pocket with velcro closure. Sorry BOSS your reputation has gone down the toilet.

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
Wow, I was just about to buy one of these suckers and then I came across this thread. Thanks for all the posts........you guys just saved me a lot of money. I guess if I want more storage I will go with a Powder Keg Combo instead.

Top Bottom