Where are you from ?

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is a 2 part question ..

where are you from as in present and .....where are your from family wise ??..........lets check the whole history deal

I live in Whitehorse, Yukon ...born in Vagina and moved to the Yukon when I was 1 ...........family is a bunch of farmers that moved over to Saskatchewan from Montana/North Dakota ....before that my Dads side came from Ireland eating Potatoes and on my Moms side we sailed in from Norway a few times in the past ..thus making me Viking/Irish

wtf are you
PS both Grandmas on both sides were a school teachers,, grand daddy Coughlin was a rancher/farmer.............Grand daddy Stack was a Farmer before he became a WWII vet...there ya go.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Kitchener BC, was Born in Edmonton, raised in Calgary. My grandparents on both sides were from the Ukraine and Poland. They were farmers, but my grandpa on my mom's side, (gido) owned a merchantile store in Lamont. Grandpa on my dad's side was a carpenter. They moved to Saskatchewan then to Alberta, which was where my parents met, fell in love, got married then made me.

The end.

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well , I have lived all over ...I now live in Fort Macleod .......My father was born and raised in North Dakota,where they farmed(they were immigrants from Germany who homesteaded when land was virtually free), dad was drafted to the US navy where he then served in Vietnam, while in the US Navy was stationed in Gander,Newfoundland where he met my mother who worked on the base as a civilian(mother's family was Inuit and Irish).....from Labrador and Ireland....moved to Alberta 1979 to find work for my father, first city we stopped in Edmonton, no work to be found, then went on to Red Deer , no work there, settled In Redcliff Alberta, where I lived until I was a young adult , moved to Lethbridge in 1997 and then to Fort Macleod in 2003 , many more moves in between which i won't bore you with !! Very interesting heritage to say the least!!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Born and raised in Edmonton, now live on an acreage just outside of the city. Both parents imigrated from Germany .... I hold dual citizenship! Need to get over there for Oktoberfest!! :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Born in Holland, lived there till I was almost 8, family moved to Spruce Grove, AB where I lived until I met hubby, lived in Edmonton for 4 years and since 1992 have lived on this acreage just north of Stony Plain.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Born and raised in Halifax, N.S Now living in Edmonton. both parents were raised mainly in the Maritimes and primarily in Nova Scotia.
My grand father on my dads side is Irish, my grandmother English/Welsh i believe, my grandmother and grandfather on my moms side are Scottish and I know my grandfather grew up in Quebec.

Grandfather on my moms side was a construction foreman, grandmother was a stay at home mom . Grandfather on my dads side was a Military Chef there for my dads side of the family did live in many different places including germany for a while and many different Canadian locations, but as i said before mainly in the maritimes......

not sure which generation of ancestors came to Canada, that's actually something i will have to check into next time i talk to my mom

and would just like to add.......good thread man

S

sldgy

I was adopted at the young age of 2 weeks by a wonderful couple from Idaho. Been here ever since. My Grandfather lived in St. Anthony and was the mayor of the small town for several years and when he died they named a park after him (Clyde Keefer Park). He had a brother that lived on an island in the Snake River where it runs through Idaho Falls and that is now called Keefer's Island and his cabin still stands on the island.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Born in Hanna ,AB.Lived there a year or so ,moved to Three Hills,lived there a while then moved to Barrhead,was there for 10 years then moved to Stettler lived there for 19 years,then got married and moved to Airdrie. By far i liked the small town the best.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was born and raised all over vancouver Island,move to NWT for 5 years then came back here,missed the ocean.My great grandmother was born in the Yukon,as was my grandmother,they were french,my grandfather was a drug addict (opiom i think) and drunk and died when dad was 14,Moms mother and father came from Scotland to Cumberland were he coal mined,went to war,road the rails back east during the depression and logger.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Holly crap!!!!!!! Mines exactly the same..... creepy:d

Born and raised in Halifax, N.S Now living in Edmonton. both parents were raised mainly in the Maritimes and primarily in Nova Scotia.
My grand father on my dads side is Irish, my grandmother English/Welsh i believe, my grandmother and grandfather on my moms side are Scottish and I know my grandfather grew up in Quebec.

Grandfather on my moms side was a construction foreman, grandmother was a stay at home mom . Grandfather on my dads side was a Military Chef there for my dads side of the family did live in many different places including germany for a while and many different Canadian locations, but as i said before mainly in the maritimes......

not sure which generation of ancestors came to Canada, that's actually something i will have to check into next time i talk to my mom

and would just like to add.......good thread man

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
live on an acerage just outside sherwood park alberta, dads side is from newfoundland, moms side is from ontario, dad is a landscaper, and never learned much about ancestry.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Born and raised in Edmonton area and live east of sherwood forest. Pretty boring compared to the other histories but there it is.:cool:

Top Bottom