Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are we saying that a boosted nitro is at 630 to 640lbs, and the vipers are 20 to 30 lbs less ..... So a viper boosted is still over the 600 lbs?

have we not gone down that path before...

did they build a big enough fuel tank, or does the viper still need a Jerry can stuck to it... Yamaha way to drop weight

We all can't afford fancy carbon fibre sleds to get the weight down a few pounds.... And then let strangers ride it, wreck it, than bitch about it on a Internet form...... Actually sounds pretty stupid doesn't it???

Oh yes they hold around 40 litres of fuel

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford a viper with all goodies you can afford a cf sled, you seam bitttttter jp, what's up

We all can't afford fancy carbon fibre sleds to get the weight down a few pounds.... And then let strangers ride it, wreck it, than bitch about it on a Internet form...... Actually sounds pretty stupid doesn't it???

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant even afford a Boost it Viper this year,,, just have to enjoy my stock Doo....lol They look pretty sweet tho,, saw one all done up John deere green looked pretty cool

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dont think he bitched at all. From what I read he asked if anyone knew his name. Then gave the story after everyone asked.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
If you can afford a viper with all goodies you can afford a cf sled, you seam bitttttter jp, what's up
I think if someone was going to spend that kind of money, they would want a sled that ran the way they wanted it to.
i know you think your sled is pretty cool Fred, but it's not in the same league as these Vipers...not even close.

Let me put it this way. There is no where you can go that we can't with our Vipers, but there are many lines we can make that you could not follow.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if someone was going to spend that kind of money, they would want a sled that ran the way they wanted it to.
i know you think your sled is pretty cool Fred, but it's not in the same league as these Vipers...not even close.

Let me put it this way. There is no where you can go that we can't with our Vipers, but there are many lines we can make that you could not follow.

Sounds like a challenge,, Mountain mod show down 2014 in Revy??? Lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's good you feel like that Neil, I have more sled than talent now, so you keep the more talented vipers, for the more talented crew..

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So how do your boosted pro's compare to the vipers then??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Well that's good you feel like that Neil, I have more sled than talent now, so you keep the more talented vipers, for the more talented crew..
Excuse number 1! Lol
its the same thing with you every year Fred. You go on all of the other manufacturers forums and explain in your way how great the Doo is and how your sled is the greatest thing ever built, but when you get called out its nothing but excuses.
It's getting pretty old.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he could use a jocky for the show down, like the LHF does?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No excuses Neil, just after a weight on your be all end all, so how does your poo compare to the vipers

Excuse number 1! Lol
its the same thing with you every year Fred. You go on all of the other manufacturers forums and explain in your way how great the Doo is and how your sled is the greatest thing ever built, but when you get called out its nothing but excuses.
It's getting pretty old.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how do your boosted pro's compare to the vipers then??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I have both pro and viper
Both Boost-it turbos
Both are 174x3x15
Racers edge rear skid
Last year my spare sled was a 174 apex that I rode and handful of times because the pro was just to much fun
This year it's different story, with the new viper it's going to be hard not pulling it out of the trailer every morning to ride! Running boost-it setup with these vipers is unreal in the trees and creeks...then if the snows deep and you wanna hammer a chute your good to go!!
The pros are still awesome sleds with a (Boost-it turbo) but the new Yami viper is so easy to ride you don't really notice the weight difference that much.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was cool in the 90's to have the biggest baddest light weight sled.... But today the sleds handle so good and make big hp (with help) that weight isn't that big of deal anymore...... Don't tell fredw....he's still old school

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was cool in the 90's to have the biggest baddest light weight sled.... But today the sleds handle so good and make big hp (with help) that weight isn't that big of deal anymore...... Don't tell fredw....he's still old school

I agree completely, the only place the extra weight is noticed is on hard packed snow. The fredw's of the world are funny, stirring up chit...you know he would never ride one so whats the big deal about the weight etc....I can't wait to try a viper turbo

Reactions: NM

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree completely, the only place the extra weight is noticed is on hard packed snow. The fredw's of the world are funny, stirring up chit...you know he would never ride one so whats the big deal about the weight etc....I can't wait to try a viper turbo

I can't wait till it snows.......just waiting for next big storm to hit revy than I'm in my truck!! Fk this working.....we got vipers to ride

Top Bottom