Where are all the long-tracked Viper turbos?

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet for sure. How does it compare weight wise?? Looks nimble enough, weight is obviously very manageable.

I'm not sure on the weight of my 174 viper but I also don't care.... Once I rode the Boost-It proto viper last year I was sold on how easy the chassis handled in tight areas..... Night & day difference compared to a built Nytro (handling).......Not even in the same class as a Cat 1100 turbo running 25lbs boost!....lol sorry cat guys

Last edited:

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I thought I had recorded a bunch of vids in the trees, but had GoPro on wrong setting and took a bunch of useless pics. Lol
I put almost 3000kms on Pros last season and most of it was trees, creeks, tight climbs, etc. and I have to say this Viper handles very similar. You do notice the extra weight because the skis will dig in a bit harder on hard pow turns and steep side hills, but it is so easy to come down a steep slope and turn the Viper completely sideways across the hill or just turn it back up because of the quick spool and big torque.
At of now all kits are running in stock compression and will run on pump fuel to 8-9 lbs and we are running 1/2 race gas on anything over that just for safety reasons.
we are running 70 gr Dalton weights at 8 lbs and 76 gr at 12 lbs boost but still banging off the rev limiter as can be heard in the vids.

The throttle response and spool time on these sleds is crazy fast as can also be seen in the vids. I loved my 2 stroke last season, but I will definitely spend the majority of my seat time on a Viper this season. It's just an awesome sled.

We learned some valuable data this past weekend and will be changing a few things before next trip. I will make sure my GoPro is working next time.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...they sure do sound different, but sound great.

There's no knock control is there?

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
Wow...they sure do sound different, but sound great.

There's no knock control is there?
There is no knock control.
BTW, you were absolutely right when you said the filter would have to come out of the plastics. We definitely under estimated how much air they would need.
They ran fine in a no load situation but when the snow was deep they couldn't breath well enough. And that was without the hood covered. They run much better now.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no knock control.
BTW, you were absolutely right when you said the filter would have to come out of the plastics. We definitely under estimated how much air they would need.
They ran fine in a no load situation but when the snow was deep they couldn't breath well enough. And that was without the hood covered. They run much better now.

That's awesome..sounds like you really have them rocking. You're build quality really looks good NM. It almost makes me want to convert to the dark side!

• Thanks

NM

Reaction score
Nice vids boys. Looks like you have an entire "Theme" Team going on.......love it.
And yeah Im with you.....my Nypex hasn't left the trailer in a while :(
Cheers
RS
it kind of looked the theme for JP and Brendon was going to be "crushing pow and slaying chutes". These guys were wacking at chutes within an hour of being on the mountain on the first day. Looked a bit excited!
We were doing a bit of tuning on Friday morning then Brendon said " ok good enough, let's go climb something" lol

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it kind of looked the theme for JP and Brendon was going to be "crushing pow and slaying chutes". These guys were wacking at chutes within an hour of being on the mountain on the first day. Looked a bit excited!
We were doing a bit of tuning on Friday morning then Brendon said " ok good enough, let's go climb something" lol

to much work & not enough play makes people restless Neil lol.i put some of jp's vids on snowest for yah,them vipers sound sweet & look fun,everybody still running stock motors & lower boost?

• Thanks

stormrider69

Reaction score
Nice work , make me want to ditch the pro rmk or drop the pro in a ditch (something like that haha), and get back to Yamaha .

NM

Reaction score
That's awesome..sounds like you really have them rocking. You're build quality really looks good NM. It almost makes me want to convert to the dark side!
I know you would appreciate the throttle response. They are wippy.
I'm going to try and get a demo day together so people can ride our Vipers and our Pro. If I give enough notice then maybe the people who have to travel quite a ways can make it.

NM

Reaction score
to much work & not enough play makes people restless Neil lol.i put some of jp's vids on snowest for yah,them vipers sound sweet & look fun,everybody still running stock motors & lower boost?
Yes all sleds are on stock compression. Anywhere from 8-12 lbs so far. It doesn't seem like we are going to need much more than that and we keep the awesome throttle response for tree bashing.
I have to say I have never been on a sled this controllable going up a steep hill. Can't wait to get back out again.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil, JP, TJ and Boost-It crew, Nice videos and great work on the sled builds! Love the sound and the performance looks great all the way around! Haven't heard a sled sound that horny since I sold my Apex turbo! Have to start saving the pop can money as of now.. Ever since we got my Impulse Turbo Nytro figured out with help from you, Ron and Laird it completely rocks, but it takes significantly more effort to ride in the tight stuff than what I saw of the Viper. Thanks again by the way for all the great tech support last year!

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work , make me want to ditch the pro rmk or drop the pro in a ditch (something like that haha), and get back to Yamaha .

Why not have the best of both worlds, a boost it pro and a boost it viper? I am half way their with the pro, just need some seat time on the turbo viper to make a final decision!!

Top Bottom