When you see your old machine for sale....

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*******************2000 YAMAHA MOUNTAIN MAX 700!!!!************* - Edmonton Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

Hahahaha....I sold this machine last spring for way less than what these bandits have listed it for. I thought I was being honest and sold it for an honest price and disclosed everything that I thought was wrong with it. I can guarantee that nothing has been repaired that needed to be. Clowns!! :realmad:

That's funny. $4000 for a 10 year old sled that wasn't exceptional 10 years ago! I have a feeling it will be for sale for quite some time.

"Really Chews Thru the Snow!!" LMAO

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold 2 of those to a buddy of mine last year for $3800 for both. One was 98 and the other a 99. Both in beautiful shape. This Goof is dreamin at that price:d

CRFSummit

Reaction score
figured i would tell this story as it relates to this topic....
i was selling my 06 CRF250R to a guy for a very reasonable price considering what i had put into it, for 4000 and he comes to my house and takes it for a burn then comes back and says he will take it, so i thought ok his is going to pay me my firm price (4000), then he says well i have 3000 cash on me, i cleary said NO, then he hums and hahs and says ok well i guess i will give you 3300, still i said UM NO, i am firm on 4000, so he then says.. well what will it take for me to take it away today.., and i said 4000, so he talks in some forgin launguage to his wife (french) and says well ok i will pay you that!

so i see were he was coming from with this, we all low ball, but a thousand dollers on a machin that is already low for what it is...come on...a mid 30s man trying to rip a 16 year old kid off jeeze, i should not have sold it to him but it did not start well so i said good he will be kicking it lots!!!

now the good part....i see the bike forsale on the same site i sold it on like 6 weeks later for 4350 and all he out on it was a newer tire...so from him offering me 3000 up to 4330 in a matter of weeks and a new tire, i just shook my head and laughed, owell i have a 450 now so i could care less!!!

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I guess I'm just kinda pissed because these people are trying to rip other people off. They also had the nerve to use the same pictures that I used last spring the first time they posted the ad. That sled is worth 2200 tops and I let it go for less than that.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're pissed at this guy. The entire buy and sell game revolves around the theory of "buy low...sell high". Are you pissed at him for trying to make a couple bucks, or are you pissed at yourself for letting it go with money on the table? Just because he's got a steep tag on it, doesn't mean he'll reel in some poor sucker to pay it. My way of thinking is that it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. I don't condone dirty antics, so if it needed work, hopefully he did it, or discloses the problems to the next guy. Just for the record, I wouldn't pay anywhere close to that for it.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i called a guy on a similiar deal. i knew the sled that he was selling. i knew what i could of got the sled from the guy for. however being another s chassis mod and i already had one machine wasnt for me. so this other guy buys it this summer for around 4g alot for an s chassis but the unit is pristine, now he had it listed for 5500. called him on it. he responded found out who the guy was. actually knew him.
in the end he ended up spending a bit on the machine and what he is asking he will just break even.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold an old SS Citation for $800 not running at the time but it did run in the past. Drove to Red Deer to do the trade, I personally don't think it was worth that, but it was my dads sled. Now I see it on Kijiji, the exact sled for sale at $860.

I'm not pissed at the least, I told him it didnt run, he seen all the pictures. I do feel a bit guilty in the sense that he obviously isn't happy with the sled. If he wants to sell it after one season but nothing to lose sleep over.

Top Bottom