Whats wrong with truckers?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
truckin.jpg

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep , all the bikers fault ????? You bet he should have been more aware , but Facts are trucker messed up. Not the biker , tough to blame this on a “citizen “. Not trying to beat a dead horse but these type of accidents involving trucks is becoming way to common , this industry needs to address this soon.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think Grinder said the trucker was not at fault...the biker obviously had the green but take any defensive driving course......look both ways to make sure the intersection is clear even though you have a green....better to be cautious and alive than dead right.

and yes, I agree with you....the trucking industry need to be assessed. Any body who argues that the trucking industry has not deteriorated has got blinders on. There are a LOT of damn good truckers who take their career seriously but there are also a lot of idiot and aggressive truck drivers out there who have brought the overall professional level of truck driving down a few notches. Whether it's new Canadians or just plain in-experience...I really don't know.....but it definitely has gotten worse over the years.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up my new truck yesterday and saw this on my way home. Looks like he tried to jump the creek

-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
31890906_10211224745245775_5710708204615237632_o.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think Grinder said the trucker was not at fault...the biker obviously had the green but take any defensive driving course......look both ways to make sure the intersection is clear even though you have a green....better to be cautious and alive than dead right.

and yes, I agree with you....the trucking industry need to be assessed. Any body who argues that the trucking industry has not deteriorated has got blinders on. There are a LOT of damn good truckers who take their career seriously but there are also a lot of idiot and aggressive truck drivers out there who have brought the overall professional level of truck driving down a few notches. Whether it's new Canadians or just plain in-experience...I really don't know.....but it definitely has gotten worse over the years.
What he said

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said

Watch the Video,
At 00:09 the light turns Green for the bike,

The white Tandem has just cleared intersection, the red Gravel B-train is just starting to exit the intersection and the pickup & trailer is halfway across intersection. All 3 of these have likely entered on the yellow light. Then 5+ sec later the White tractor trailer entersthe intersection.

This is getting all to common, lots of vechiles don’t stop until the light is red.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loaded 5 T.E.A.M.S tandem 53' cube cube vans this week with 700lb 55 gallon barrels.

Only one guy knew how he wanted the weight distbuted. Ironically he was the best at backing up too.

First guy wanted me to just start at the front of the trailer and do continuous rows of 4.
69 barrels
48,300lbs
34' deep

He got turned around by the scales in Llyod.

Next guy said he didn't know and went and sat in his truck.

So loaded 8 rows starting at the front.
32 barrels
22,400 lbs
16' deep

Then I left a space of 16', put a bar in the wall and loaded the remaining 9 rows.
36 barrels
25,200 lbs
18' deep

3' feet left at the doors.

What is the proper way to do this?

Next month I am loading tridems.
What is the proper way to load?
I am told I can fit 92 barrels in a tridem.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
says a lot about the state of the industry, any competent driver with an air ride equipped trailer would be able to tell where he's at for weight by looking at his air bag pressure gauges. even without air ride he should know his tare weight and what he can load on each group.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 466E87CB-E4CB-46CC-8F41-900C56A19D82.jpeg
    466E87CB-E4CB-46CC-8F41-900C56A19D82.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 180

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happens every time. Then they wonder why us civilians get frustrated with truckers.
Down hills they are just flying though.

3 years ago 30km out of Revy a truck was coming around a corner hot, had the wheels cranked but it just kept going straight.

My friend just about got took out. Found the guys head in the back of the cab, torn from the body and his legs folded up under the dash.

Shook him (my friend obviously, cause the other guy was dead) up pretty bad.

That's why I got a place in Revelstoke, so I don't have to deal with that **** as often.

Part of the reason I quit going there, as well. I live in Sask and started going south into Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. Roads are WAY less of a chitshow than the Trans Canada.

People always ask me if I'm worried about getting taken out in an avalanche. I tell them I'm FAR more worried about getting taken out on the road on the way to and back from riding than I am doing it.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loaded 5 T.E.A.M.S tandem 53' cube cube vans this week with 700lb 55 gallon barrels.

Only one guy knew how he wanted the weight distbuted. Ironically he was the best at backing up too.

First guy wanted me to just start at the front of the trailer and do continuous rows of 4.
69 barrels
48,300lbs
34' deep

He got turned around by the scales in Llyod.

Next guy said he didn't know and went and sat in his truck.

So loaded 8 rows starting at the front.
32 barrels
22,400 lbs
16' deep

Then I left a space of 16', put a bar in the wall and loaded the remaining 9 rows.
36 barrels
25,200 lbs
18' deep

3' feet left at the doors.

What is the proper way to do this?

Next month I am loading tridems.
What is the proper way to load?
I am told I can fit 92 barrels in a tridem.....
You can get at least one in cab if you take seat out

Top Bottom