what's up with Arctic Cat... outlook doesn't look great?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least what I'm posting are facts....maybe some of you guys should try that

or is it easier spreading bull****???

Never mind I know your answer.....lol

I don't know what Bull**** you are talking about? Just speculating on Arctic Cats future here. As MANY people on the interwebs are right now.

Its a fact they shut down the head office and a engine factory, many Cat dealers have shut their doors and Cat has layed people off,, there is a class action law suit against textron because they " allegedly repeatedly touted Arctic Cat as an important growth business for the Company, reassuring investors about dealer demand, end-market sales and earnings prospects for its Arctic Cat products" The Arctic Cat purchase is being blamed for a 18% hit on Textrons stock price in December 2018, and the stock price is down 33% on the year

Im not going to bother posting it all again, its already been posted. Its not a big Dootard conspiracy going on here.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Facts-the lawsuit is not a lawsuit. It’s an ad to gather investors in a class action suit. It’s one of those infomercial type Usa lawyer, anything to make a buck things. Sometimes people do stuff like that to manipulate the stock price fully knowing the suit will fail. Buy the stock when it drops, sell when it goes high. It’s clearly stated investing in a company is at your own risk.
Fact-They shut down the head office to “consolidate project management, project engineering, and marketing to co-locate and work together in the same space.” Paying rent on two huge corporate buildings makes no sense when they can work in the same building.
Fact-They shutdown the engine factory in Germany AND moved it to Minnesota. This created 60-100 new USA jobs. Imagine how much it costs to ship utv engines from Germany to USA. Huge cost savings.
Fact-They moved the Stampede model manufacturing from Augusta, Ga to the Thief River Falls, Mn facility. This saves millions in logistics, trucking, shipping and storage.
Fact-The stock dropped. Of course it did. Any expenditure of $247,000,000 is gonna effect profits. Hence, stock price will be affected.
Fact-Some dealers are losing the Utv line. They just aren’t moving enough product while Bass pro/Cabelas can and will. There may be competition clause in the Bass pro deal also. It’s about volume. It’s not the dealers fault. It sux, yes but in order to turn the company around, things like this have to be done.
Turning around a company that has been run into the ground takes money and time. Textron is a $14 billion company. They know manufacturing, marketing and business better than most. Example-Bass pro/Cabela’s sells Cat supplied Utv’s 84hrs/week. Powersports dealers sell Utv’s for 40hrs/week. That’s double the sales hours. Fkin genius. Give Textron more than a year would ya. Sheesh.
If Brp was doing good things, I’d be cheering them on too. But they are not. Yet. I’m working on that though. Give me some time would ya. Sheesh!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy some stock then if you are so confident in them, they are on sale! LMFAO

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Buy some stock then if you are so confident in them, they are on sale! LMFAO
No chit hey? Haha, as I was writing that soapbox speech I did think, “man I should buy some Textron stocks.”
I will follow your advice and purchase some now. Ima be rich!
I’m not 100% confident in Textron but I do like what they are doing. The Kanedog jury is out.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No chit hey? Haha, as I was writing that soapbox speech I did think, “man I should buy some Textron stocks.”
I will follow your advice and purchase some now. Ima be rich! Well, maybe not but some gains may be realized.

Hope it works out for you. :beer:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snowchecked a Zr200. But still gotta pick it up and pay for it. Hope the yammi parts fit if needed! (mines gonna be charcoal and green not this yellow they call “lime”.)

Same here. Haven’t got call it’s in. But glad I switched -that is definitely not lime Hope they stick around. Prob buy another 200 b4 a new sled for me.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think it will happen. Totally different scenario than the previous 2 times. This time they have a multi billion dollar company covering there butt and are not stand alone like the previous times. I saw the first time live in person. Was at Waldheim, Sask. at the sno pro races. All the Cat factory riders showed up with their race sleds in pickup trucks instead of the big race trailers. The bank was repossessing all the equipment at race end. Bob Elsner purposely wrecked his sled on the back stretch of the last lap. I heard him say to a team member "Repossess that you SOB's". Lol. Was wild to say the least.

I’m derailing this thread.
Was this the year that the factory teams were getting their arse handed to them by a farm team of brother and sister and dad the mechanic ( factory team members sabotaged a few privateers sled during night- got caught doing 1) Track went out the back of kens sled on backstretch with 1/2 lap lead on factory boys.
The Old man bought pistons by the case and my dad helped changed top ends between heats as top ring land was ate out.

Anyway back to cat topic

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Facts-the lawsuit is not a lawsuit. It’s an ad to gather investors in a class action suit. It’s one of those infomercial type Usa lawyer, anything to make a buck things. Sometimes people do stuff like that to manipulate the stock price fully knowing the suit will fail. Buy the stock when it drops, sell when it goes high. It’s clearly stated investing in a company is at your own risk.
Fact-They shut down the head office to “consolidate project management, project engineering, and marketing to co-locate and work together in the same space.” Paying rent on two huge corporate buildings makes no sense when they can work in the same building.
Fact-They shutdown the engine factory in Germany AND moved it to Minnesota. This created 60-100 new USA jobs. Imagine how much it costs to ship utv engines from Germany to USA. Huge cost savings.
Fact-They moved the Stampede model manufacturing from Augusta, Ga to the Thief River Falls, Mn facility. This saves millions in logistics, trucking, shipping and storage.
Fact-The stock dropped. Of course it did. Any expenditure of $247,000,000 is gonna effect profits. Hence, stock price will be affected.
Fact-Some dealers are losing the Utv line. They just aren’t moving enough product while Bass pro/Cabelas can and will. There may be competition clause in the Bass pro deal also. It’s about volume. It’s not the dealers fault. It sux, yes but in order to turn the company around, things like this have to be done.
Turning around a company that has been run into the ground takes money and time. Textron is a $14 billion company. They know manufacturing, marketing and business better than most. Example-Bass pro/Cabela’s sells Cat supplied Utv’s 84hrs/week. Powersports dealers sell Utv’s for 40hrs/week. That’s double the sales hours. Fkin genius. Give Textron more than a year would ya. Sheesh.
If Brp was doing good things, I’d be cheering them on too. But they are not. Yet. I’m working on that though. Give me some time would ya. Sheesh!

Hmmmmm everything explained and makes sense!
Yup it is definatly a dootard conspiracy with trolls spreading a thick cover of BS.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP receives labor subsidy and hires from labor supplier with major structural/body components being made in Mexico and even China.

Is BRP failing as a company that they can neither attract labor or cover labor costs without assistance from provincial government.
Clutch parts from China?
Is BRP going under?
Did the 2017 850 fiasco do as much reputation damage as suspected?
Why is there no mention of the G5 yet - the 4 year cycle is up on the G4 - are they shutting down and there will be no G5.
Do they have to sell off museum artifacts and Joseph's bust from the entrance to keep going??

All truth and speculation - not a word of a lie in that.

I am guessing this holds only slightly less water that the Artic Cat fearmongering presently in session.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm everything explained and makes sense!
Yup it is definatly a dootard conspiracy with trolls spreading a thick cover of BS.

ur the biggest troll in the game. just learning from the best!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m derailing this thread.
Was this the year that the factory teams were getting their arse handed to them by a farm team of brother and sister and dad the mechanic ( factory team members sabotaged a few privateers sled during night- got caught doing 1) Track went out the back of kens sled on backstretch with 1/2 lap lead on factory boys.
The Old man bought pistons by the case and my dad helped changed top ends between heats as top ring land was ate out.

Anyway back to cat topic
Don't know anything about that. Who was the farm team brother and sister? Ken Benson?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that’s 20 mins of reading since I last looked in here lol, who gives a $hit, the new cat sleds rip and hopefully things get better in a year or two. As for there snowmobile engine has no power and they need an 850 to get market share??????? Cmon get real, the ctec 800 lays a beating on any 850 doo I ride with or is right beside it on the ones that work good and don’t shred belts and well the Polaris 850 was almost as big of a flop as their 900 experiment in the mid 2000’s. I never even got to see one of those unicorns last year at all as most never made it to the alpine without having issues. I’d say cat will be just fine

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that’s 20 mins of reading since I last looked in here lol, who gives a $hit, the new cat sleds rip and hopefully things get better in a year or two. As for there snowmobile engine has no power and they need an 850 to get market share??????? Cmon get real, the ctec 800 lays a beating on any 850 doo I ride with or is right beside it on the ones that work good and don’t shred belts and well the Polaris 850 was almost as big of a flop as their 900 experiment in the mid 2000’s. I never even got to see one of those unicorns last year at all as most never made it to the alpine without having issues. I’d say cat will be just fine

they are the Cessna of the snow. Good old reliable trustworthy beaters that never change a thing. They've got that market cornered forsure LOL. Vibrate your face off your head, power is less than exhilarating. and You can use all your parts from the last 22 years.

Top Bottom