what's up with Arctic Cat... outlook doesn't look great?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s only because they are currently producing the 850 engines for the g4’s. Once a new motor is introduced and the plant switches over to a new motor............here comes dwindling 850 engine stock. It’s impossible for Brp to forecast how many replacement engines are needed and they gonna need a lot. The’re not gonna want to build and store outdated 850 engines from 2021-2034 when the last G4’s are 4 years old and have a ten year life left. I believe there may be a big 850 engine wait come 2025 or 2026. Currently the dumbasses are too busy making three separate sled runs this year. Awesome business decision Brp. Genius, just freakin genius.

In other news, Mr. Bipolar Kanedog sez-Yes! I have tried my new batch! It’s wicked. It’s so frickin’ powerful I’m completely dazed the next day. That’s not always good. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think I gotta switch to another strain. I could smoke less but it kinda like a sled that engages at 6000 rpm. Ya can’t really feather it and it’s either on or off. That’s what smoking this batch is like. Oh yea! Well, kinda.

In other news-mufk’ing Textron stock is up 10% since I said I should buy some and I still didn’t after 2 chances. I’ma quit smokin’ this batch. I’m not really into stocks but dang this was a good call.

yeah text Ron stock is having a good week. it is 30% off the 52 week high though. so still a good time to buy if you like text Ron.

I personally think it just made a bit of a correction after hitting a 3 year low on august 27. but maybe they found a buyer for cat and they'll be hitting a new all time high?

snooze you loose.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that chart screams buy me now with your life savings kd

it's a sure thing.

2019-09-12 07.43.22.png

200 day moving average:

2019-09-12 11.06.12.png

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah text Ron stock is having a good week. it is 30% off the 52 week high though. so still a good time to buy if you like text Ron.

I personally think it just made a bit of a correction after hitting a 3 year low on august 27. but maybe they found a buyer for cat and they'll be hitting a new all time high?

snooze you loose.

yah maybe they found a buyer.....sheesh you don't quit, do you......lol

Having a company restructure to be stronger just won't fly with you I guess?

Hey! Maybe BRP is the buyer, then they can have a great chassis and a strong reliable engine to put in their sleds?

.......and awesome clutching.........and a stay-together bulkhead...........lots of reasons for them to be approaching "text Ron" to make an acquisition......

you speak of good investments......so a smart guy like you probably already knows this but when BRP acquires CAT, you wanna be in possession of BRP stock....:D

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey! Maybe BRP is the buyer, then they can have a great chassis and a strong reliable engine to put in their sleds?

.......and awesome clutching.........and a stay-together bulkhead...........lots of reasons for them to be approaching "text Ron" to make an acquisition......

you speak of good investments......so a smart guy like you probably already knows this but when BRP acquires CAT, you wanna be in possession of BRP stock....:D

I don't like brp stock to be honest with you.

text Ron stock has a better chance of making long term gain.
I wouldn't want to be in the powers port industry in the next 5 years.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Textron is restructuring and closing down out of country suppliers and will be even more of a made in America product.
It will be nice to see if/what Textron unveils just after the new year.
I don't see Artic Cat being dissolved any time soon.
Their PR needs help the most - far more than the product

BRP on the other hand is still making parts in Europe, Mexico and China while receiving labor subsidies.
Explains a lot about the multitude of issues each new model/series has!
Clutch components from China.....lol, but thy are learning and FINALLY as the last builder starting to use Team clutches from the factory(MXZ RS race sled)........guess that China thing was not working out...lol.
BRP uses maximum advertising and gadgets to push their product on consumers and are masters like no other.
The actual product....meh

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
made in the USA doesn't really mean much anymore. bunch of illegals working at the Cat factory most likely.[/QUOT

Nope, Mexicans just pick fruit in California and Trudeau let all the terrorists come to Canada
There was only locals left for AC

when my friends Cat primary clutch exploded out on the hill last season was that made by a Peter or a Padro you figure?

haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even the restaurant's here in fernie are importing people from India to work. guess the locals want too much?

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron is restructuring and closing down out of country suppliers and will be even more of a made in America product.
It will be nice to see if/what Textron unveils just after the new year.
I don't see Artic Cat being dissolved any time soon.
Their PR needs help the most - far more than the product

BRP on the other hand is still making parts in Europe, Mexico and China while receiving labor subsidies.
Explains a lot about the multitude of issues each new model/series has!
Clutch components from China.....lol, but thy are learning and FINALLY as the last builder starting to use Team clutches from the factory(MXZ RS race sled)........guess that China thing was not working out...lol.
BRP uses maximum advertising and gadgets to push their product on consumers and are masters like no other.
The actual product....meh

U make me laught chuky... I hope I get the chance to go riding with you this season. The on the hill banter will be priceless! You're so full of shat your eyes have to be brown! lol As for Cat, three times the charm of going under should be the winning combination! Lol!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U make me laught chuky... I hope I get the chance to go riding with you this season. The on the hill banter will be priceless! You're so full of shat your eyes have to be brown! lol As for Cat, three times the charm of going under should be the winning combination! Lol!

Yes one day we might meet on the hill, accidents do happen.
Spend some time researching claimed shat and then you will say oh chit it is made in China.
Truth must sting a we tadd to have to resort to nasties. lol

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Not sure but it was not made by Hopsing while doing stirfry and designing a better belt....
My Cat has a Polaris primary, don’t know where it’s made and a 100% made in USA secondary. If there only was some made in Canada parts. Well I’m made in Canada. That’ll work.

Top Bottom