What's this nytro worth??? Smart azzes need not reply!!!

turbocat

Reaction score
It's an 08 chassis well maybe not!! New sub frame,polished cr tunnel,engine out of 09 brand new less than 100k on it. Mcx 270 kit mapped to run 310. Z bros front end. Kmod rear haven't even got it yet but that's a different story. 2 1/2 camo extreme. Odo say 2000 k but thats only on the front skis... Everything else new this season. Only reason squeaked old engine was a faulty oil line. My luck cuz yamaha says they have never seen this before.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By reading that description it sounds like your looking at a box of parts. Not even a complete sled.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By reading that description it sounds like your looking at a box of parts. Not even a complete sled.

I think it is a complete sled. A real nice one at that.

Probably has $25,000 invested in it and would have a tough time finding someone willing to give $12,000 for it. That is the nature of custom built mod sleds.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
On kijiji it seems like these boosted sleds are sitting a long time at $12000-$15000 mark. I think a lot of guys are a little scared of buying a used boosted sled and they aren't selling as good as they should. Any upgrades don't seem to up the value on a sled. At the end of the day it's still an 08 nytro no matter how you look at it.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
If it is complete, running and rocking, it will bring 15-17k to the right person. You must be willing to demo it, lay the smack down on the Chainsaws in 3' of fluff, not add any Expensive "OEM" oil, or buy belts, park it in the trailer and do all over again tomorrow. Ignore the haters......they are everywhere
Enjoy your ride
RS

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I was messin around with $12.00 I wasnt implying low quality. 12k seems pretty low I think you should ask more... there are alot of people out there that dont have the time for mods that will jump on that!. Like someone has already said there is probably about 25 grand worth of mods there. But I dont know ALOT about them but I can tell you if there is anyone you would want to take thier word for it, it would be climbmax. watching him huck his yammie around change MY and probably the opinion of many others about manouverability of those machines! They days of 4stroke turbos just being good for going straight up are over...Good luck!

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is complete, running and rocking, it will bring 15-17k to the right person. You must be willing to demo it, lay the smack down on the Chainsaws in 3' of fluff, not add any Expensive "OEM" oil, or buy belts, park it in the trailer and do all over again tomorrow. Ignore the haters......they are everywhere
Enjoy your ride
RS

not a hater, I actually like the sounds of that sled. I have also built my own sleds so I have an idea of the resale value. You would be very lucky to get 75% of the dollars you put into a mod sled. 50% is kinda normal. Same for cars.

We don't build these sleds to sell, we build them because we enjoy the process. If he asks 15-17, he might be sitting on it for a while.

Climbmax, your sleds have a reputation of working well so 75% is not out of reach. For the average guy located 6 hours from the nearest mountain, it is going to be a tough selling process.

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots if you sell it by the pound bawhaha. I would think it should sell for 13000-15000, sounds like a nice sled, keep it and hold it to the bars.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try around $10K, not a penny more.......4 yr old chassis, parts and pieces from too many sleds....and a new motor. Ask yourself why someone would replace the bulkhead on a sled. Some guys just will - me included- but 7 out of 10 times it is because it was bashed against something. Sleds across the line are selling for much less than they are here, and just because some guy dumped big $$ into something doesn't mean it works. Biggest issue with buying mod sleds is that no upgrades are worth the money. Most guys will list the sticker price for something like a track/tunnel/hood/whatever as an "upgrade", but its had mileage on it so its not worth that. Just because some guy paid $800 for a carbon fiber hood, doesn't mean that once its had 1000 kms on it, that it is still worth $800....everything depreciates. EVERYTHING!

Biggest issue with buying boosted sleds is that you will hear the comment...."this sled has only been run at 8 lbs....." yeah right, except for the 5000 kms where it ran at 14 lbs. There are a few reputable guys out there like Climbmax, but there are lots of not so reputable guys. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get a leakdown test on any boosted 4 stroke sled, if it fails, walk away.......

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 with mod man. Running a modded sled myself, generally there rode hard. Faulty oil line..... how the hell is this possible???

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was going to say the same thing i think jbb said, there is more boosted sleds for sales right now than there is lawyers in hell. not worth more than 10g imo.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was going to say the same thing i think jbb said, there is more boosted sleds for sales right now than there is lawyers in hell. not worth more than 10g imo.

its worth more then 10g in parts. a motor will get ya 4-5g. turbo the same and a complete roller is worth that. i would part my sled out before i let it go that cheap. imo

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try around $10K, not a penny more.......4 yr old chassis, parts and pieces from too many sleds....and a new motor. Ask yourself why someone would replace the bulkhead on a sled. Some guys just will - me included- but 7 out of 10 times it is because it was bashed against something. Sleds across the line are selling for much less than they are here, and just because some guy dumped big $$ into something doesn't mean it works. Biggest issue with buying mod sleds is that no upgrades are worth the money. Most guys will list the sticker price for something like a track/tunnel/hood/whatever as an "upgrade", but its had mileage on it so its not worth that. Just because some guy paid $800 for a carbon fiber hood, doesn't mean that once its had 1000 kms on it, that it is still worth $800....everything depreciates. EVERYTHING!

Biggest issue with buying boosted sleds is that you will hear the comment...."this sled has only been run at 8 lbs....." yeah right, except for the 5000 kms where it ran at 14 lbs. There are a few reputable guys out there like Climbmax, but there are lots of not so reputable guys. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get a leakdown test on any boosted 4 stroke sled, if it fails, walk away.......

I agree 100%, AWESOME post bruther!!!!!!

Top Bottom