whats the best trunk/fuel caddy?

tnttrev

Reaction score
Just wondering what fuel can and tunnel bag people like best. Its going on an apex with the exhaust into the tunnel. Bag big enough to hold a few "pop" snow bunjie, and what ever else?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm loving the PowderKeg. Lots of dry storage and your fuel is down low.

If not, I've always used and liked the Mountain Addictions setups. Ran one Jerry can setup on 3 different sleds with no issues.

Polaris2012

Reaction score
If not, I've always used and liked the Mountain Addictions setups. Ran one Jerry can setup on 3 different sleds with no issues.

x2 My dad has the mountian addictions bag and jerry can. awesome setup. plus the bag holds your shovel on the outside for ez access. i plan on getting one when we go down to Jackson, WY for the hill climbs

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain addiction...super clean installation and will not fall off.

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain addiction all the way! Bomb proof, but you will have to take the time to fit the rails to the can. The mold seam on the can will need trimming and sanding. But I love mine. It never moves and when I get stuck its another way to pick up the back of the sled.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain addiction...super clean installation and will not fall off.

I beg to differ... Mine falls off right around the 8 second mark into this video.

Seriously though they're great one of the better systems out there.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm loving the PowderKeg. Lots of dry storage and your fuel is down low.

Luv the look of the powder keg's, they just need a sale and I'd buy two of them.....

Wonder if they would offer a group discount if we got together and bought ......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Luv the look of the powder keg's, they just need a sale and I'd buy two of them.....

Wonder if they would offer a group discount if we got together and bought ......

never hurts to try, I would assist you in getting the thread stickied and such if you wanted to poll for interest

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris powderkeg is deceptively small because of the fuel jug that fits underneath. I would not buy another one. Other than that it works well.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Any damage after that little tumble?!

Just a little over $1000 damage by the time it was all said and done. Having the Skinz running boards on my sled saved having to change a tunnel as they absorbed most of the impact.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain addiction all the way! Bomb proof, but you will have to take the time to fit the rails to the can. The mold seam on the can will need trimming and sanding. But I love mine. It never moves and when I get stuck its another way to pick up the back of the sled.

Yep, I agree on the track rack system, super easy to install and use, and the modular ability of the system between gas cans and compartments is nice. file the seam so the cans just need a light pull to move them on the rails.

I don't think I would ever try lifting my sled by them though, even lightly, they are only plastic and the jugs aren't cheap.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the versitility of the POWEDER KEG
Uses same mounting bracket if you run Fuel Caddy & Storage box or just the storage box.
The fuel caddy sucks in that you have to keep the filler spout in the caddy or back pack it does not fit in the filler neck....dumb
The storage box could be a little taller as you just can not pack enough sh!t into it
Best part is it all stays together when I roll it hahahahah

But I still like it a lot better than any soft sided bag or caddy I have used in the past

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The price is very steep on the PowderKegs. Excellent units but too pricey.

They are indestructible and will not come off the sled, even with the 2 clasp system. I run duct tape, fuel line, spare suspension piece, 4 Gatorades, toque, spare gloves, lunch, tools, and my jacket liner in mine. It's huge. And you don't have to pack it like a jigsaw puzzle. If it was any taller, than my foot would be bouncing off it when transitioning side to side. Nice thing about them too, is its all dry storage and you never have frozen zippers. There are even drain holes molded into the plastic to allow drainage if the snow/ice melts around the lid.

Hey Ministik Man, I used to go to Ministik School before the gym extension was ever built.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO I e-mailed Chris at Powder Keg and this is what I recieved back so far...

Dear Dale-

We have received and thank you for your email inquiry. We are very interested in this proposal and will be answering your questions more completely later this afternoon after we have had some time to do some calculations on an answer to present to the snowandmud membership.

We are very pleased to hear that our Powder Keg products were favorably mentioned in your forum's recent discussion and that you have contacted us concerning this matter. We will email again soon to discuss this further with you. Thank you for this opportunity!

Sincerely,

Chris & Kathy Roberts
Powder Keg, LLC

Telephone: (509) 758-7300
Toll-Free: (888) 758-7307
Fax: (509) 758-4466
email: powderkeg@cableone.net

tnttrev

Reaction score
I also emailed him and he got back rite away. They don't list a box for apex but he said that the cat one would work. The tail of the tunnel is 17 " wide by about 22" long. I'm not sure if all tunnels are flat or not, mine is.

Top Bottom