Whats the best trail machine guys?

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my back cant handle my ole 92 Indy ...when the trails are just groomed, no problem, 60 mph all day..but after few hundred sleds beat the trails up. its 20 mph..and I watch you guys standing up fly by me. My son says a Rush is the best for me, no mountain riding for his ole fart. if sell our acreage at Barrhead, will find a 2 yr old just broke in newer sled. but which one?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my freeride on the trails. Suspension kicks ass. Very comfortable. You didn't say what your budget is.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of guys on here seem to really like there 174 T3's on the trail....lol

Seriously, though I think a Freeride 137 would be a mean trail sled.

sled-promo.png

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy choice. The Polaris Switchback 136 prorides and Skidoo MXZ and Renegades with Rmotion. And the Polaris will be a lot cheaper in the 2 year old market. I've bought two of the Polarises for my parents, awesome sleds for covering distance.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure how much off trail you go...and I know ill get flamed likely for this but on a groomed trail there is little that is as comfortable or handles as well as a doo 1200. the power is puts out is honestly about as strong as it gets up to about 75-80mph. good wind protection and runs more consistent than any 2 stroke. few bolt ons and your north of 150hp relatively easily. they made few changes except for rmotion in 13 and can be had fairly cheap

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your upgrading from a 92, basically anything will be much better in the bumps. Rush will be a good one for sure, but so would any newer trail sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big_Guy

Reaction score
The rush is a awesome trail sled. No matter what condition the trails are in that thing takes the bumps.

Sent from my iPhone drinking beers! Cheers!

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
A lot of guys on here seem to really like there 174 T3's on the trail....lol

Seriously, though I think a Freeride 137 would be a mean trail sled.

http://www.ski-doo.com/files/neutral/models/2015/Freeride/137/sled-promo.png
Hello lilduke. I am new to the sport after a 20 year break. I run a polaris Indy 550 (2014) with a 121 inch track. Just enough machine to get back in the feel of things before I upgrade. However, on trails, this unit rocks. Handles and steers like a dream. I usually ride with others on larger machines and on the winding trails, I have no problem keeping up. Deeper snow does cause issues, but if a break is made by the larger machines, I'm still in the game.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a sled test on SnowTrax the other day and they were riding the Yamaha Vector. I'm only bringing this up because they were talking about how nice it was on the trails, with the bump soaking suspension and electronic power steering. The motor has lots of power, is reliable, and cheap to run. I bet you could find one used for much cheaper than a Renegade or Rush, for a comparable year. Might be something to look at.

http://www.snowtraxtv.com/video_player.asp?id=104

They talk about the Vector starting at 15:30. They also say the Vector has higher resale than its competitors, but I believe that will be biased towards Ontario sales where the show is filmed and trail sleds have a much larger share of the market than here in Alberta.

Top Bottom