Whats a good all around rifle?

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are many good all round guns out there for hunting different critters. I have always thought you can't kill something to dead, and I hate having to try tracking something after its shot's. I know I am going to hear its shot and shot placement but sometime wind drift and other factors come into play with a good shot. So I would say a 300 RUM. Nothing as even gone 20 yards after being hit with hit!...and the 130gr are great for Coyotes!:d

Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I'd stack my 30-06 against any gun for overall calibre. I've taken many a deer, moose, elk, bear etc.

However I like to stalk and hunt ......... not much for stand hunting. Doubt I have shot anything farther than 200 yards. Most of my shots are around 50 yards.
I tend to walk and get right close and personal. Last year I almost missed my buck cause I was too close (20 yards). Gets so you cant really use your scope.
This year I'm leaving the rifle at home and going with my trusty 12 gauge and a rifled slug. for the opening of primitive weapons. Let ya know how it goes.

One thing to bear in mind is availability of ammunition. Been a couple times where I could buy 30-06 shells but my cousin was out of luck with 300 winmags in some of these small towns.

Top Bottom