What would you do?

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
Picked up my 14 Summit Sp 154" yesterday. I got the call syaing it was ready. I show up and the extras I asked for werent installed(ski's and a bumper)... ok no big deal, the sales men said we are sorry and we will get that installed Asap. 3.5 hrs at the dealership later im all payed up and on my way get it home, pull it off the the truck. Start it and pull it 20 feet into the shop and start dismantling everything to put my belly pan, gps, clickers....all the goodies on.

The whole engine housing, bulk head, clutches, bottom side of the hood is covered in oil. Its everywhere.... the salesmen had to pull the pipe to get at the bumper while I was waiting and im sure would have noticed it. I thought maybe a bit of oil came out the pipe but its everywhere. Is this normal on new machines?

I understand stuff breaks but I didnt even ride it. You think he would have noticed it in the shop. What should I do? I wouldnt be so miffed if I didnt have to drive over an hour to get it looked at.

I tried to upload pics my Samsung won't allow it though.i will later though.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your oil pump is cracked. Happened to mine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened on the assembly line. Brp knows of the problem. It has happened to other sleds as well. Take it back for a new pump

Sent from my iPhone using

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP covers everything with an anti corrosion oil at the end of the assembly line. It may be it but there also is the odd case of a broken oil pump we have heard. Pull your muffler off and check the pump under the oil tank to see if there is a broken pump. Hopefully not?

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take it back., dont even clean the oil up? to bad ,, brand new machine. I remember when Dale Gunderson used to bring home a new machine every fall from Cycle Works. our first ride out the chaincase blew up, ( no oil ) after that he brought em home in a crate and Predelivered it himself, its was a fall event to go to the pumphouse and see Gundys new Polaris..( miss him )

Whitecourt_Rider

Reaction score
My A.D.D. kicked in i wiped most of it up.... I did take pictures though. The dealer wants the pics. I should be unloading in Blue River rite!!! FML!!

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it back.
Had the same thing on my first sled all the lines were busted off the oil pump.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I also recommend taking it back. Let them deal with it.

I know it sucks but it will be a lot worse if you ride it and something else goes wrong. The season is just starting and a few days here or there isn't really a big deal.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would punch something immediately! Then I would take a deep breath, repair injures, and return the sled.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,me too! Then I'd be pissed at myself for the next 6 months cause my knuckles hurt.
I would punch something immediately! Then I would take a deep breath, repair injures, and return the sled.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems obvious it needs to go back. I would suggest to the sales/service guy that while they are doing whatever repair is required that they can put on the rest of your accessories for no (or reduced) charge. Seems they dropped the ball twice (not ready and incomplete PDI). Pleasant and reasonable but persistent will probably produce some result. I imagine they are embarrassed.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take it back and tell them to find another crate...hate starting a relationship on a bad note

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Seems obvious it needs to go back. I would suggest to the sales/service guy that while they are doing whatever repair is required that they can put on the rest of your accessories for no (or reduced) charge. Seems they dropped the ball twice (not ready and incomplete PDI). Pleasant and reasonable but persistent will probably produce some result. I imagine they are embarrassed.

I would take it back and tell them to find another crate...hate starting a relationship on a bad note

Yes, throw the ball back to them. I would also suggest they provide a loaner sled (of equal quality and of course at no charge) for the OP to use while the sled is in getting fixed.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep,me too! Then I'd be pissed at myself for the next 6 months cause my knuckles hurt.

Not to mention the hole in the drywall that needs to be fixed now! If my son ever came on this forum he'd know EXACTLY what I'm referring to! :rolling:

Top Bottom