What would you do?

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my ttr 125 and want to get a bigger bike. I could buy a yamaha yz 125 right now for cheap. or i could wait and buy yz250f (wait because the more expecise). here's some question's. Witch one is faster? Witch one would u recomend? What would recomend 2 or 4 sroke?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha ttr 125cc (Not no more)
polaris sports men 700 twin
honda xl 200
artic cat wild cat 700
artic cat pantera 580
artic cat courgare 440
artic cat bear cat 440 162" track

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi what type of riding are you doing track or trail. If its track the yz250f would be good but if its trail look out for a wr250f. It has the lights already on but you could still fit them to the yz.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a ttr 125, I upgraded to a CR 125 and oved it but now im on a 2007 ktm 250 sxf. If I was you I would go for the 250f, its faster, and well bottom end is great for any kind of riding. The 250f ways more than a 125, but if you get your 125 into a tight technical root section your going to want a 250f (bottom end power) A 125 is better for more open riding (like dunes), a 250f is good too but you can trail ride them. its your choice though. whatever you choose try to get somthing with a aluminum frame.

mat

Reaction score
I think the yz 125 is a awesome bike I keep up with most of the guys in the trail with mine.I'm sure it is lighter than the 4 strokes. Is down point come from the fact that it is a small displacement and you need to wind it a lot to produce good power. Because of that it required more maintenance. I don't know what kind of rider you are but there is a world of difference between the ttr and the yz. Don't be a foul! There is no cheap dirt bike that run for long...what is cheap???Last year I paid $1500 for a 2005 with a seize engine I had to put a other $1300 in to it. I agree with John s about the wr250...But please do your self a favor...Don t pick a bike because you can put a light on it...honestly...Who cares!(I m not even sure the generator on the 125 can support a light...just make sure you get your self a spark arrestor if you go for the 2 strokes)

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi what type of riding are you doing track or trail. If its track the yz250f would be good but if its trail look out for a wr250f. It has the lights already on but you could still fit them to the yz.

Thanks alot! I do lots of trail riding and i was riding my 125 to the max but i also what to go local tracks when i have a big that can jump without missing up the shocks. ( cuz my 125 would bottom out on some hill that i get air off)

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if you get the yz 125, you will notice that youi will be on the clutch alot, the bottom end just isnt there

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you get the yz 125, you will notice that youi will be on the clutch alot, the bottom end just isnt there

kk Thanks alot that help alot of people told me that they hhave no bottom end. I think i will just wait till i have more funny and buy a 250 four stroke.

Top Bottom