What did you pay? Would you do it again?

2blue

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new sled, I actually bought a 2013 artic cat pro climb and its sitting in the shop not running. who knows why but its got 163 kms on it and im done with it. So... I have read so much on the pro rmk 163 but pricing seems to be all over the map on used vs new etc.

I'm going into cycle works tomorrow to check it out etc.

Just wondering some things...

What you guys paid without accessories? just machine taxes in.
Extended warranty up to 4 years is the most you can buy?

Any advise would be good.

iturch

Reaction score
2014 Pro RMK snow check 155 with 2 years warranty $12500 and went to P.A. Sask just so I could get the color I wanted (orange) and the 2 year warranty. Most every where I called they were within a few hundred dollars of each other with a couple of dealer way out to lunch. Good luck hunting most places are running thin on selection already

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could give you some advice, Unless your totally set on the new pro hold off for a year. 2015 is 60yrs of polaris snowmobiles. I am not saying this is a for sure but I would say there gonna come out with something to top the pro, whether it be a chassis upgrade (this one is 4 yrs old now), but more then likely a motor to compete with the etec is my guess. Not telling you what to do with your money but the older pros value will drop significatly if this is the case (look at the xp's with the new xm out now). The only reason I speculate this is due to the fact they didn't change anything from the 2013 to 14, just left there last minute "fix's" in place, makes me believe there R&D is elsewhere right now. JMO tho.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could give you some advice, Unless your totally set on the new pro hold off for a year. 2015 is 60yrs of polaris snowmobiles. I am not saying this is a for sure but I would say there gonna come out with something to top the pro, whether it be a chassis upgrade (this one is 4 yrs old now), but more then likely a motor to compete with the etec is my guess. Not telling you what to do with your money but the older pros value will drop significatly if this is the case (look at the xp's with the new xm out now). The only reason I speculate this is due to the fact they didn't change anything from the 2013 to 14, just left there last minute "fix's" in place, makes me believe there R&D is elsewhere right now. JMO tho.

2014 is the best pro yet. unless you want to be a guinea pig next year im waiting till 16-17 to upgrade to the new chassis and or motor.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasnt it in dec 2011 alberta was blowing out 2012 pros for $10,500- $10,800?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Great price. When was that?

Turts, typing on

I got this price as well from Parkland in Red Deer. Timing for mine was snowcheck for 2013. Picked it up in August of 2012 too, nice and early for the riding season

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 is the best pro yet. unless you want to be a guinea pig next year im waiting till 16-17 to upgrade to the new chassis and or motor.

I'm am going to wait until next year and see what comes out and snow check,.. if nothing great, try to get a leftover 2014.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
12900 tax in at Cycle works Foothills, for 2014 163 no electric start 2 year warranty. Being its becoming the end of the month you will most likely get a better deal.

doobie

Reaction score
if your near medicine hat get it there. great people to deal with exellent customer service. mechanic knows his stuff and loves snowmobiles. cycle works in calg could care less about you, just wants your money.if your to far from the hat go to cochrane good group there also. my 2c

m8matt

Reaction score
Mountain toys in cochrane. Great people to deal with.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can get into a 2014 Pro LE ES 163 for 12,500 + tax, and my pick of color.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cochrane Mountain Toys, Great purchase experience!

I've never purchased a new machine there but based on my experience with servicing my machine there I won't buy one. Very slow and they never seem to so work unless you call constantly...

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 400 out the door at parkland in rd, ian will hook you up and they will look after your needs after the fact as well.

Top Bottom