What Sled to get?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're already used to the Pro chassis. I'd say stick with that unless you weren't happy with it.

Darrell D

Reaction score
I've got a 2010 800 Assault for sale. The machine has a 1000 miles on it, its in great shape with no mechanical issues. I changed the track last year to a 155 x 2.4 off a 2012 pro rmk so it does better in the mountains. Also has polaristar warranty until 2015 for some added piece of mind and the standard extras, can, skid plate, shovel bag etc.

Darrell D

Reaction score
I think $8000 is a fair price for the sled. It has only been riden two seasons and is great condition.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been decided on this site at least three times that the M8 is the best sled ever made. Buy one of those. Dont buy a skidoo.........they are horrible. You'll end up having way too much fun out doing your buddies every weekend and having minimal problems. But then your head is gonna get big.......and youre gonna be on here by the middle of the winter telling other people in your situation to buy doos. Then the M8 and polaris crowd are going to come into the thread and flame the crap out of you. Its not worth it.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a d1ck, but don't buy a pre 11' CFI 800. No word of a lie, one of my sledding buddies just sold his 10' Assault yesterday with 1000 miles for $5500. What a sad day. That thing never ran right from day one and has been through 2 motors and back to the dealer at least 7 times for a bogging issue which was never sorted out. We have had 3 others in our riding groups with nothing but issues as well. Those sleds have also been sold. Stay away. These sleds have gone down in the history books as garbage due to their motors and the way Polaris handled the whole fiasco.

Fishmen D

Reaction score
Is there any issues with the 2010 plain RMK or is it as bad as the dragon?

Darrell D

Reaction score
There are lot's of stories about engine troubles with the 08,09 and 10 polaris 800's and that was the main reason i put on the extended warranty. I can't speak to the reliabilty of those stories, I can only tell you that my machine has been rock solid with no issues since day one. I have no hesitation taking it to the mountains or around here and never worry about its reliabilty,its been treated right and maintained properly. The only reason i am selling is because i have a new snowcheck waiting.
If you want to have a look at it, let me know, i would probably meet you half way.

Top Bottom