What Sled to get?

Fishmen D

Reaction score
hey guys, I had a 2012 rmk 600 with a 144" track that got stolen. now i am starting off fresh again. I don't go to big mountains yet but soon i hope to. right now i ride at a place called cataract creek in alberta canada. theres a lot of trial, a lot meadows to play in, small hill climbs, and a great place for boondocking. So i am looking at 3 sled right now, the Pro RMK 800, the older 2007-2010 assaults, and the RMK 700. i would like to step it up to a 155" track. i would love to go buy a brand new 2012 assault or pro rmk but obviously the money plays a big part in the decision, however i don't want to cheap out and buy a sled that isnt worth buying either. i want this sled to last. basically i want a reliable, powerful, fun to ride sled to just take out and play around. what do you guys suggest? all opinions are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I had a 2012 rmk 600 with a 144" track that got stolen. now i am starting off fresh again. I don't go to big mountains yet but soon i hope to. right now i ride at a place called cataract creek in alberta canada. theres a lot of trial, a lot meadows to play in, small hill climbs, and a great place for boondocking. So i am looking at 3 sled right now, the Pro RMK 800, the older 2007-2010 assaults, and the RMK 700. i would like to step it up to a 155" track. i would love to go buy a brand new 2012 assault or pro rmk but obviously the money plays a big part in the decision, however i don't want to cheap out and buy a sled that isnt worth buying either. i want this sled to last. basically i want a reliable, powerful, fun to ride sled to just take out and play around. what do you guys suggest? all opinions are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

XP or XM

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go with what your used to, you were riding the pro chassis, I would go for the pro rmk 800. That's what I ride and love it. But in the end it's all your preference. Best bang for your buck.....pro!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the pro 800. U obviously like Polaris judging by your post. The 155" will do ya fine in the mountains if ya decide on ridin there at some point.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm surpised nobody has mentioned this yet, but STAY AWAY from the pre 2011 CFI 800's. That 2010 Assault will cost you nothing but heartache and money. You can't give those POS away now. Too bad because they were a decent chassis. The IQ 700's have proven to be a strong running sled but...no comparison to a Pro RMK. If you've got the money, get that!

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I had an 08 dragon 800 and blew er up 4 times in 1400 km's! The pros are proven reliability and are a great buy!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pros are proven reliability and are a great buy!

Proven reliability in the sense that they are proven to be of questionable reliability.

1/8 failure rate on a motor that has been out for two years is not what I would define as reliable.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The IQ chassis was good but I would stick with the Pro if possible! Go for the 2013 if your budget will allow it as there are some nice upgrades over the 2012's. Should your budget not, you could save approximately 6 G's by picking up an 09 or 10 Dragon/Assault, there are lots out there in good shape and quite reasonable, install the fix kit and fuel controller if it does not already have it and your good to go. Should you consider a Dragon, PM me as I have a couple in very good shape and low miles.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good advice above if your looking to save some cash. Most IQ sleds can be had for way less than what they are worth, due to a bad rep on the 800 engine. The new (2011-2013) sleds are much nicer though.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So would i be best off to Get a rmk 700 because of its reliability?
Are you stuck on buying a Polaris? or would you stretch out to another brand? If you want reliability get a Doo, because if something does go wrong you have a 3 year warranty to back it up. I've ridden Doos for 10 years and never had a problem. Ever. RMK 700 isnt a bad buy, but when buying used everything is a guessing game, So its up to you.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd buy a doo so you can become brainwashed and clutter posts on any and all subjects related or not to brp junk, doo and reliability is another joke not worth starting on, non etec doos were ticking time bombs waiting to fail as soon as the crank bearings let go around 2000miles, funny all you doo guys fail to mention that issue yet bash the cats dd and poo motors;) What are you willing to spend? Seen a few pro rmk's at the 8000$ mark on kijiji but if you're going to finance you're just as well off to go new with the better interest rates.

Last edited:

Fishmen D

Reaction score
Well my Brother had a 2008 summit and i will tell u this the thing was a joke. The problems never ended and the bogging was ridiculous. My other bro had an 2009 summit it was better but it bogged as well and i hate the feel of the summit it just feels so wrong compared to that 2012 600 i had. so not saying much bad about the doos i just really question the reliability. i rather go with reliability over power and i love how light the polaris's are. But you guy would probably know more then me so thanks for the opinions. What i am looking for is just a balance between everything.

Top Bottom