What kind of sledder are you?

SnoRiders

Reaction score
Website
www.snoriderswest.com
How would you classify yourself as a snowmobile rider? Are you a trail rider, hillclimber, boondocker, tree rider, speed demon, sidehiller, cliffdropper, ditchbanger, trick pony? Do you love cruising across lakes, exploring new trails, playing in open meadows, riding up chutes or taking jumps and doing crazy double backflips? Do you consider yourself a casual rider who enjoys a scenic trail ride followed by a fire and a wiener roast with good friends, an intermediate rider who likes an adrenalin rush now and then but prefers to stay in their comfort zone or the extremist - the rider that is never happy unless they are pushing themselves to the max.

I would say I am the intermediate boondocker. I like to venture off the trails and play in the deep snow, get stuck and challenge myself now and then on a hill or in the trees but I stay within my comfort zone.

What are you?

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before the wife and her friends started coming along or if I manage a trip with just the boys I'm capable of all of the above except the backflipping and such!But now I end up being tour guide,mechanic,weather man,shoveller,driver,loader,teacher,logger,weight lifter,and a mute!But it is still better than sitting inside and staring out the window!LOL!!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would rate myself now as an intermediate boondocker trickster,who has slowed down substantially over the last few years due to the ineviatable aging process. Cojones seem to have shrunk some but experience has turned me into the mule in the crowd, as I have become the guy who carries extensive tools and survival gear now. Having extra gear with me is now more important than the weight savings is, carrying stuff that hopefully you will never need. Still averaging over 2000k a year, mostly mountain riding. Addicted as ever!!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I'm out with the kids, I am a "Chair Lift"
When I'm out with my husband I am "his exercise program"
In my dreams..... "a superstar capable of jumping tall buildings in a single braaap"

In reality. A Mom who loves Mountain Freeriding. Loving Jumping (working on my landing thing) and learning to appreciate the fresh snow that resides within the trees.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends who im ridding with and dynamics off the group!!i like technical riding high risk stuff but that doesn't put my sled in a position to roll down and be obliterated.I wish i had enough money and time to not care about .i aint into jumps thats for sure!!spring hill climbs !!!NOPE....DEEP POW days yes!!!!

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I am with the fiancé: I am there entirely for her. I am there to make her riding exPerience as much as it can be. When I am with the boys: I ride my sleds like I stole them with ADD. Sometimes I make it out on their own power and sometimes I get towed out. I think I've gotten to tow only one person out halfway once (bumper broke so we had to make reeds on the trail as 200 people went by without stopping)

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The type of rider who shakes his head at all the idiotic stuff other people do in the mountains. And also one who actually lives in the mountains.

Top Bottom